Autopsy Dogs 82 beat Carlton 62. The Lewis Young Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We were happy to let Kreuzer have 50 hitouts, because we still won the clearance battle overall. Roughy could still compete with Kreuzer but is fundamentally a weaker and lower quality tap ruckman, so he likely would have been beaten anyway. So he played in such a way that meant that Kreuzer still won plenty of taps, but gave us a better chance of winning, in part by winning more clearances and limiting the quality of Carlton's clearances.
I understand the concept of conceding the ruck contests, particularly when Bev has been quoted as saying he doesn't value them that highly and when we play Bont or Jong there in the past but are you saying Rough deliberately or was instructed to play in a way that allowed Kreuzer to win more taps?

Great to be back winning. Great to be back at .500 win rate too, for some reason that matters to me even though this season has already passed us
If I'm not mistaken in Bevs entire coaching stint at the Dogs he has been less than 0.500 for only one week (last week). It's a phenomenal record for all of the injuries and continuing to play so many players - think we're at 36 this year and across last two years would be around equal most in the league.
Just on the Bont... how good is this guy!? Bont was best on, but Caleb Daniel's second term won us that game. Seriously they just let him take over the game.

Stoked that Mclean and Dale are now deeper in our best mix.
Liked all the positives in your post - Right now we definitely have the best coach in my time supporting, coaching someone who potentially could end up being the best Dogs player in my time supporting, with possibly the best draft crop in my time supporting - all at the same time. It's a great time to be a Dogs supporter - and also liked the little bit of ingrained pessimism that the season has passed!

What was better ...
- Team defence
- Bailey x 2, McClean
- Picken, Wallis, Morris, Cordy, JJ

Room for improvement
- F50 entries
- Libba, Dahl, Red, Hunter, Roughie (can't ruck for long)
- Bob will be better for the run

Echo what has been said re: Young. Haven't seen as exciting a debut from a 18 year old KPP since one C. Grant. Loved the argy bargy with Casboult when he fluffed his shot. Wth Adams, Cordy and Young, we might have our defensive spine for the next 8 years.

Keep fighting the good fight HBG! ... although the standard of umpiring IS a serious concern.
Yeah I agree that some is frustrating, particularly holding the ball, the bias for or against us and calls of cheating are what get me.

Alas, if you argue against a brick wall you're going to get a sore head, so I'm going back to avoiding game day threads as ive done in the past (due to the abuse posts mentioned above).

Wasn't tagged today, looks great when he doesn't get tagged, but partly Bevo's fault for poor form, should've been moved forward weeks ago.
Another take on this is that Bevo let him get tagged for a month or more so that JJ and his agent stopped playing silly buggers and signed the contract. And now we have finally resumed regular programming.

Honeychurch just isn't up to it, he tries hard but just doesn't have the skills required for a player that size.
Agreed. Just lets himself down too often with his poor disposal.
Clay Smith had a blinder in the VFL and surely comes in for Honeychurch.

We were happy to let Kreuzer have 50 hitouts, because we still won the clearance battle overall.

Winning the clearance count isn't all that it is cracked up to be though.

Last week against Adelaide, we won the clearances 42-21 (!) and yet it really didn't do us much good.

On a slightly more serious note I hope Honey doesn't read some of the the stuff that's written about him here. I'm not trying be precious about criticisms - many of them are fine and probably even justified, but some of the stuff I read is just unwarranted personal abuse IMO. If one day it turns out he needs time off for depression and anxiety and the same people start posting things like "get well little fella" I reckon I'll spew up. It's the BF equivalent of "supporters" leaning over the race abusing players as they leave the ground. Can't we just leave that to the Tigers' mob?

About time someone said this.. I've been reading this S*** for the last month and it's no wonder he has no social media (Facebook, Instagram).
He was one of our best in the first quarter. Played his role, defensive small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dgeny.jpg

Yeah I agree that some is frustrating, particularly holding the ball, the bias for or against us and calls of cheating are what get me.

Alas, if you argue against a brick wall you're going to get a sore head, so I'm going back to avoiding game day threads as ive done in the past (due to the abuse posts mentioned above).
We're still throwing and getting away with it :rolleyes:. Our handballing is no different to anyone else's.

I'd much prefer Clay Smith in that role.

Smith is cooked at moment, he would struggle to catch Fletcher Roberts in a foot race, dont want to see him played again this year, big preseason coming up for him, make or break.

Agreed. Just lets himself down too often with his poor disposal.
Clay Smith had a blinder in the VFL and surely comes in for Honeychurch.
He won't. Bevo praised Honey in the presser. His first quarter was cringeworthy but he had some fine moments in the rest of the game. Sounds like he was tagging Simpson and Bevo spoke of him sacrificing his game.

Going on the presser, Dickson and Cloke might come into contention.

Have you ever tried to connect to wifi at Etihad or the G? It's like using old dial up. You wait for ages but can't connect because 50,000 people are using it at once!

Rarely happens too me, but it does sometimes. Dogs don't have massive crowds though.

I don't get involved with the umpire banter much , and I certainly don't believe they cheat.
But on all the evidence from this year , they have been influenced by the media circus re our " preferential treatment "
There were 3 interpretations out there yesterday from 3 umpires.
Anyway HBG , your a bit of a lone voice , keep up the good fight ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back