Review Dogs 90 overcome a slow start to beat ASADA 49

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. He was one of the better recruiters. He built Brisbane's three time premiership team.
I can't remember who he had at 1. Sorry.
Scott Clayton always took the credit for this. The reality was the recruiter did very little.

Voss, Akermanis, White & Ashcroft were zone selections.
Leppitch, Lappin & Power were top 6 picks.
Brown was F/S
Lynch, Michael & Pike were trades. Chris Johnson was from Fitzroy.

Black was pick 31 and Bradshaw 60+, they were good gets. Chris Scott was 12.

Its hilarious watching the various media types discussing Libbas season like he's been some kinda journeyman his entire career.

I recall one from yesterday acting all kinds of surprised at how skilled he actually is with ball in hand.

Ive said it before, but in their mind he is only now coming out of the shadow of perception that was attached to his father. When in reality he surpassed him years ago. He has vision and a skillset on par with any midfielder player in the game and has since the start of his career. It's a travesty that the media are only now picking up on that fact and mentioning him as a AA contender when he should be a lock.
His disposal by foot is amazing - incredibly quick, pinpoint and penetrating.
Agree he should have 5+ AA blazers by now.

They can convey that message without him losing his nut pretty easily.

Don't mind the robust feedback or the idea that he's bringing a harder style of messaging to the group (if he even is). I've said for years the playing group lack a certain level mental toughness which has caused some of the issues we see.

I just don't believe for a second that punching whiteboards or going crazy in the box is a) related to any possible change in messaging style or b) even it if is related, likely to help at all.

These are signs of someone losing control, not implementing a controlled message IMO.
You sound exactly like Caroline Wilson.
Condescending and totally out of touch with what happens in the heat of battle.

Its hilarious watching the various media types discussing Libbas season like he's been some kinda journeyman his entire career.

I recall one from yesterday acting all kinds of surprised at how skilled he actually is with ball in hand.

Ive said it before, but in their mind he is only now coming out of the shadow of perception that was attached to his father. When in reality he surpassed him years ago. He has vision and a skillset on par with any midfielder player in the game and has since the start of his career. It's a travesty that the media are only now picking up on that fact and mentioning him as a AA contender when he should be a lock.

It's funny because if anyone actually paid attention then they'd know that Libba is probably our second best short kick. He has never been just a tough inside mid who extracts the ball, he's a beautiful user of the ball.

Libba has been the most underrated player in the league since he was drafted. In part I think it was his father's battler image and in another because he hates the media and gave them nothing.

But we know the truth. He could be the best clearance player in the league's history and he does it whilst being one of the most skilled players in the league with perfect tackle technique to boot.

You sound exactly like Caroline Wilson.
Condescending and totally out of touch with what happens in the heat of battle.
Uhhh ok.

Who am I being condescending to? Kind of ironic in a post where you're insulting me.

No issue with coaches losing their s**t "in the heat of battle", despite it being generally unhelpful. Bev has never been the type though. He's always stayed cool and calm which is the basis for my opinion.

Feel free to play the ball, not the man if you like.

Last edited:
It's funny because if anyone actually paid attention then they'd know that Libba is probably our second best short kick. He has never been just a tough inside mid who extracts the ball, he's a beautiful user of the ball.
Id go as far as to say he is the second best field kick in our side. Once again I think he suffers from comparison to his father being unable to kick much beyond 40 metres. Commentators still fall into the trap of questioning Tom when he's having a set shot at or beyond 40 metres an issue that he has never had. In fact I'd go as far as saying he is probably the most reliable shot on goal in the entire team. Its the one aspect of the game where he has The Bont well and truly covered. When he leans back and effortlessly kicks the ball with precision its a thing of football beauty.

Last edited:
Every time he kicks a set shot from 50m they are shocked that he made the distance. I don't recall him ever falling short from there either

I never thought I'd be a bigger fan of a player than I was of Tony Liberatore.

He gave a little boy with curly hair, a potato nose and surname ending in a vowel a place in football. He was tough, hard, fearsome and courageous, whilst also being all of 5 ft and the nicest bloke you'd ever meet off the field.

That the player to surpass him in my mind not only came around but happened to be his son is one of my greatest footy joys. Tom is a treasure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never thought I'd be a bigger fan of a player than I was of Tony Liberatore.

He gave a little boy with curly hair, a potato nose and surname ending in a vowel a place in football. He was tough, hard, fearsome and courageous, whilst also being all of 5 ft and the nicest bloke you'd ever meet off the field.

That the player to surpass him in my mind not only came around but happened to be his son is one of my greatest footy joys. Tom is a treasure.
Tom is my all time favourite player. Seeing Johnson, Morris, Boyd, Picken, Murphy all retire in the last decade has been rough but none would come close to how it’s going to feel seeing Libba call it a day. A Bulldogs team without a Liberatore is just wrong. I’m grateful we’ve at least got a Darcy to soften the blow

Did anyone notice the insipid singing of the team song after the win over the Bombers? Pathetic, no oomph, no raucous volume and almost everyone was in key which I found the most disturbing part.

The singing coach has definitely lost them. I no longer have faith in him/her. Gotta go.

We need the soft cap space for another myotherapist anyway.
Bring in Bruce Dickinson as coach and motivator. Get him to sing before and after the game. Make the boys run through walls.

That note he hits at 1 minute 20 is how I want my Son’s of the West sung. Best live version of any song I have ever heard.

Bring in Bruce Dickinson as coach and motivator. Get him to sing before and after the game. Make the boys run through walls.

That note he hits at 1 minute 20 is how I want my Son’s of the West sung. Best live version of any song I have ever heard.

Saw them live a few years back. The energy he was showing on stage at age 60 far surpasses anything I've seen from half our list in the last 2 years. I want his fitness coach at our club

Libba has been the most underrated player in the league since he was drafted. In part I think it was his father's battler image and in another because he hates the media and gave them nothing.

But we know the truth. He could be the best clearance player in the league's history and he does it whilst being one of the most skilled players in the league with perfect tackle technique to boot.
Serious question: is there a better, more reliable kick than Libba at our club?

His left boot is seriously underrated. 40 out from goal, slight angle, Libba, Bont or Dale?

Saw them live a few years back. The energy he was showing on stage at age 60 far surpasses anything I've seen from half our list in the last 2 years. I want his fitness coach at our club
Our club should have the boys in tight black jeans, Iron Maiden t-shirts and give them 5 minutes of Terry Wheeler before every f**king game - F**k myotherapy (I do like mushrooms and meditation however, off season).

Every time he kicks a set shot from 50m they are shocked that he made the distance. I don't recall him ever falling short from there either
I found it funny even last week when BT was going off his nut that Libba was lining up from about 48, and that he actually made the distance!?!

Do these blokes even watch us 😂

Agreed. I saw them at a similar time and I'm not the biggest fan or anything but they sounded pretty amazing for an old band (who can often sound very washed up).

Very tight musically, and great frontman presence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back