Review Dogs 90 overcome a slow start to beat ASADA 49

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that this year has been frustrating in patches. Only had to get over GC and Sydney and we’d be in great shape but fumbled both.

The idea it’s a burn-the-furniture season though is absurd. For our sins we are currently outperforming 11-12 of the 17 other clubs with a hope of fixing some of our issues before finals.
More to do with the fact that we haven’t improved on our weaknesses, it’s still the same problems causing us issues each week. 20 games since 2021 GF we’ve allowed 5+ unanswered goal runs, and we’re like 3-15 or something similar against top 8 sides.

Yeah we’re better than 11 or so teams but it’s all relative, we’re firmly in our premiership window and we’re not currently a threat

It’s pretty grim

I don't see how losing his nut in the box does anything for the players.
Perhaps not the players in those instances for obvious reasons. However, he is surrounded by assistant coaches who could convey the degree of Bevo's displeasure to their charges at the breaks.

Bevo has also been sighted giving some robust feedback to players on the bench or at the breaks in the last 2 games.

It's a side to Bevo that perhaps some of them needed to see. He's not all rainbows and sunshine. There's a job to be done.

It's also possible that he and some senior players who've been carrying the load have consulted and decided that a harder edge to feedback might be necessary.

Hi everyone I never post long comments but felt obligated here .
Before we all jump in the shower together over this win, i think we should take a moment to consider our staff. In 2012 the Baltimore Ravens fired their offensive coordinator in December, a long long way into the season. The reason was that the metrics didn't reflect themselves on the scoreboard. It was a gutsy call , yet the outcome was an experienced coach in Jim Caldwell coming along and directing the flaco led offense to a Superbowl victory..

By many stats bevo has This team winning ,he can coach ,we win possessions ,inside 50's etc etc etc , yet our scoring is shizenhuasen. This game should have been over at half time . The bombers are ordinary yet This was still alive with 10 to go . Why?

Simply put the fish rots from the head , we over handball cause there's no one there , we have 4 blokes jump for a mark , it's ugly. The Soviets used the phrase quantity has a quality of its own , yet the energy expended in creating these shitty fwd 50 entries kill us .. Marra ,naughty and Cody can all play ...

we need a new fwd coach ASAP ,the club. Needs to get one urgently and Bevo himself should be demanding one ASAP

Fellow Ravens fan here, that coaching change absolutely won us the Superbowl, and we should've jagged another the year after with Gary Kubiak.

Hoping that firing Greg Roman into the sun has a similar payoff

Hi everyone I never post long comments but felt obligated here .
Before we all jump in the shower together over this win, i think we should take a moment to consider our staff. In 2012 the Baltimore Ravens fired their offensive coordinator in December, a long long way into the season. The reason was that the metrics didn't reflect themselves on the scoreboard. It was a gutsy call , yet the outcome was an experienced coach in Jim Caldwell coming along and directing the flaco led offense to a Superbowl victory..

By many stats bevo has This team winning ,he can coach ,we win possessions ,inside 50's etc etc etc , yet our scoring is shizenhuasen. This game should have been over at half time . The bombers are ordinary yet This was still alive with 10 to go . Why?

Simply put the fish rots from the head , we over handball cause there's no one there , we have 4 blokes jump for a mark , it's ugly. The Soviets used the phrase quantity has a quality of its own , yet the energy expended in creating these shitty fwd 50 entries kill us .. Marra ,naughty and Cody can all play ...

we need a new fwd coach ASAP ,the club. Needs to get one urgently and Bevo himself should be demanding one ASAP

Fellow Ravens fan here, that coaching change absolutely won us the Superbowl, and we should've jagged another the year after with Gary Kubiak.

Hoping that firing Greg Roman into the sun has a similar payoff

It was an epic run that year, Flacco played the best football of his career for 4 games to win the Super Bowl.

Hoping that we go really well this year with an absolutely loaded team and a new OC. (And we sign J Houston sometime very soon, he needs another ring).

There is a Baltimore Ravens thread on the NFL section of Bigfooty.

There is nothing in this world that comes remotely close to beating the junkies. The worst supporters by the length of the flemington straight. The fact that the biggest flog in the league in stringer plays for them is just a beautiful thing.

I had about 25 beers in there last night, have the hangover from hell, but never felt so good. Go u pups

There is nothing in this world that comes remotely close to beating the junkies. The worst supporters by the length of the flemington straight. The fact that the biggest flog in the league in stringer plays for them is just a beautiful thing.

I had about 25 beers in there last night, have the hangover from hell, but never felt so good. Go u pups
Spoken by a true believer. They are the feral scum of the north, put up with their abuse for years but this century has been absolutely magnificent. We didn’t win by over 20 goals but the result was so good and helps me heal faster since the latest surgery. Long may our domination continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even stupid Robbo writing, if you can call it that, in the Hun today that Essendon should throw the kitchen sink at Oscar Allen. If he won’t accept $1.1 million, offer $1.2, if he won’t accept this offer $1.3 for up to 9 years! Is he insane? Getting dementia? Or just still suffering Essendon superiority complex syndrome? They made a solid choice of coach, who seems to have a brain who must understand where their list is truly at, but going after one bloke for this money is more of the same stuff they’ve been doing for 20 years. Keep doing it Essendon.

Even stupid Robbo writing, if you can call it that, in the Hun today that Essendon should throw the kitchen sink at Oscar Allen. If he won’t accept $1.1 million, offer $1.2, if he won’t accept this offer $1.3 for up to 9 years! Is he insane? Getting dementia? Or just still suffering Essendon superiority complex syndrome? They made a solid choice of coach, who seems to have a brain who must understand where their list is truly at, but going after one bloke for this money is more of the same stuff they’ve been doing for 20 years. Keep doing it Essendon.
Gotta fill the paper with something...

"I know - I'll write a fluff piece on Esserton!"

We can all hear the fap-fap-fap of Robbo's keyboard 😉

Perhaps not the players in those instances for obvious reasons. However, he is surrounded by assistant coaches who could convey the degree of Bevo's displeasure to their charges at the breaks.

Bevo has also been sighted giving some robust feedback to players on the bench or at the breaks in the last 2 games.

It's a side to Bevo that perhaps some of them needed to see. He's not all rainbows and sunshine. There's a job to be done.

It's also possible that he and some senior players who've been carrying the load have consulted and decided that a harder edge to feedback might be necessary.
They can convey that message without him losing his nut pretty easily.

Don't mind the robust feedback or the idea that he's bringing a harder style of messaging to the group (if he even is). I've said for years the playing group lack a certain level mental toughness which has caused some of the issues we see.

I just don't believe for a second that punching whiteboards or going crazy in the box is a) related to any possible change in messaging style or b) even it if is related, likely to help at all.

These are signs of someone losing control, not implementing a controlled message IMO.

I don't see how losing his nut in the box does anything for the players.
It’s worked for Craig Bellamy in the NRL for years.
I sense that he has done it for years but kept it more hidden & the media has ignored it. Now it’s a “talking point”, they show it on the coverage.

It’s worked for Craig Bellamy in the NRL for years.
I sense that he has done it for years but kept it more hidden & the media has ignored it. Now it’s a “talking point”, they show it on the coverage.
Is that what worked for Bellamy or his brilliant tactical mind?

If he's been doing it for years but keeping it hidden, it kind of backs up my point that he's now losing control if he's all of a sudden doing it openly.

Just quietly, the answer is 6,895. A little update never hurts

One of our local kids is a whiz with AFL stats - can tell you the score of almost any game but is a Dons supporter. I was thinking of asking some Essendope stats but couldn’t be so cruel

Is that what worked for Bellamy or his brilliant tactical mind?

If he's been doing it for years but keeping it hidden, it kind of backs up my point that he's now losing control if he's all of a sudden doing it openly.
If channel 7 didn’t show it, would you know about it? It’s not hidden but is hidden from us because it was never shown before.

Tactical kind or not, when the Storm do stupid things, Bellamy shows his frustration. It makes no difference to the way they play the game but as he’s so well known for it, and it provides the commentators with endless laughs, it’s always shown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back