Preview Round 19: Carlton v Geelong, Saturday 29 July 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium - Team post #247

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought he'd be straight back in. Solid citizen.

MC like him and they are pretty predictable.

I usually agree with all our ins and outs but im a bit miffed as to why we've gone EVEN TALLER...i count White as a KPD that's his style of play he's not going to offer run & carry or be a link in offensive chains.

We have always played with a lot of KPP's...we went and added another one last week and now yet another!

By my count we have a whopping 9 KPP's + Kreuzer in the ruck...almost half the team. Most teams only go with 6 KPP's max (the classic 3 forwards & 3 defenders) and plenty go with even less like Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne & Dogs.

I don't really get it since it's already painfully obvious we're going to lack run. My only explanation is that these are the best players we got and the others aren't deserving so we're just going to play them despite the poor team balance...not exactly many mids in the VFL knocking the door down.

Ugh. Got a bad feeling we're going to get run off our feet and destroyed. Too many talls, not enough run. And the only midfielders listed as EMGs are Graham and Boekhorst. Not good.

To be expected though, really.

If this is the best we can put out there to end the season things could get brutal really quickly.

White will bring some mongrel - remember this when he does his usual 4-5 clangers a game - they are mongrel clangers - not soft pussy clangers. Whites clangers bristle with manliness and testosterone fizz I can almost see the thick hair growing on the football as a result of Whitey touching it...if he could actually run and bounce it twice - the Kerrin would have a full on beard by the time it was kicked.

Happy to see what Harry brings in the mongrel stakes - he got his eye in with some eye catching marks last week and some tear inducing easy misses for goal - now I want to see him bring his knees into the back of Henderspud's head a couple of times - send the spud crying to mummy at half time.
Hawkins can do with a Jonesy knee into the back of the head - but watch it Jonesy - that Hawkins head is one thick piece of skullcap.

White will bring some mongrel - remember this when he does his usual 4-5 clangers a game - they are mongrel clangers - not soft pussy clangers. Whites clangers bristle with manliness and testosterone fizz I can almost see the thick hair growing on the football as a result of Whitey touching it...if he could actually run and bounce it twice - the Kerrin would have a full on beard by the time it was kicked.

Happy to see what Harry brings in the mongrel stakes - he got his eye in with some eye catching marks last week and some tear inducing easy misses for goal - now I want to see him bring his knees into the back of Henderspud's head a couple of times - send the spud crying to mummy at half time.
Hawkins can do with a Jonesy knee into the back of the head - but watch it Jonesy - that Hawkins head is one thick piece of skullcap.

white is forsure a better selection than graham. was disappointed though, thought army might get a run- has a good record against the cats

Last edited:
white is forsure a better selection than graham. was dissapointed, thought army might get a run- has a good record against the cats

menny you could of got automatic entry into the very exclusive Carlton mongrel poster club - IF you had used an 'a' after the 'e' instead of that silly redundant first in your name mate.
I hear ya re Army - wots not to love ..?

Selwood and Dangerfield will be tough to control. They bring others into the game like Motlop and Menzel which our tallish backline will struggle with. We might have to just load the backline and deny them space to move in.

Not this week.........

I usually agree with all our ins and outs but im a bit miffed as to why we've gone EVEN TALLER...i count White as a KPD that's his style of play he's not going to offer run & carry or be a link in offensive chains.

We have always played with a lot of KPP's...we went and added another one last week and now yet another!

By my count we have a whopping 9 KPP's + Kreuzer in the ruck...almost half the team. Most teams only go with 6 KPP's max (the classic 3 forwards & 3 defenders) and plenty go with even less like Sydney, Richmond, Melbourne & Dogs.

I don't really get it since it's already painfully obvious we're going to lack run. My only explanation is that these are the best players we got and the others aren't deserving so we're just going to play them despite the poor team balance...not exactly many mids in the VFL knocking the door down.
No not many mids banging the door down from anywhere at the moment to get to Carlton...ye ye so true we need a couple elite mids in the middle to steady the ship.Palmer has been average,not elite and has not stepped up...we got to grab an elite mid off the high draft pick this yr and maybe look see if anyone wants a trade to Carlton...
We are tall from multi draft 2 yrs ago,should be worth a bit a some stage plus can be played as required,however we are scraping the barrel for mid depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White = mongrel, Bolts clearly didn't like what he saw in that regard last week.

Thought exactly that when I saw his name. His footy can be suspect at times but no more so than a couple of others in the team and more importantly, there's no way he'd put up with the s**t some of our boys tolerated last week.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a quiet word with Whitey to fly the flag if required and not let us get bullied again. Having him around would give quite a few youngsters the confidence to walk a little taller in that area.

Motlop & Menzel to have a field day.

Out
  • Rhys Stanley (Omitted),
  • Daniel Menzel (General Soreness),
  • Mark Blicavs (Ankle),
  • Steven Motlop (Managed),
  • Zach Guthrie (Omitted)
Have we missed something Thy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back