FTA-TV AFL 360 - Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the same, I complain about those two nights but end up watching it most times. However I normally fast forward the coaches and players.

I've said it before in this thread I think but they really don't need any guests on Monday night. I love watching the two hosts go back and forth about the games just gone and any talking points from the weekend. The first 20 mins on Monday is my favourite part of the show during the week for that reason. The coaches then come on, the mood changes and it kills the momentum of the show.

I find all interviews with current players/coaches boring, at any stage during the year (AFL360, media conference, game day, post match etc.) Learn nothing at all.
Yep. Bang on

The problem is footy shows these days are so poor that whilst 360 has a really flawed setup (Too many guests, Robbo being dislikeable) it still rates well so they won't change anything.

The coaches (Aside from Bucks) have never been any good to watch and the players are incredibly boring to listen to. I don't mind guests like King/Dal Santo/Maclure because they have an opinion on things, but any current coach/player shouldn't be on the show.

As a bloke who has hardly missed an episode since it started, I really don't give a crap if I watch it or not any more.
They really need to change their panelists.

Monday - Hear Chris Scott use big words while actually saying nothing. Richardson could be replaced by a mashup of down the line answers from the weekends post match press conferences.

Tuesday - Jack is decent value. But my God Jordan Lewis would be close to the worst of the lot. Just trots out the party line for everything, even when it comes to him picking off blokes. Half the s**t he says doesn't make sense. I know a lot of people hate Murph but atleast he says something different. I'd actually prefer Goddard over Lewis, that's how much he sucks.

Wednesday - King and Maclure are good I think. Maclure has reall improved on past years. Now if we could just get Robbo to stop interrupting them mid convo to make a joke that would be great.

Thursday - I don't agree with a lot of what Dal Santo says it atleast he puts a lot of work into it and presents it well. So he's basically the exact opposite of Brian Lake, who looks like he just rolled out of bed every show. He has been a horrible addition.

I'd try and completely revamp it besides Wednesdays.

Mondays - I honestly think we don't even need a set couple of guests this night. There's so much s**t to talk about that Gerard and Robbo should be enough.

Tuesdays - Keep Jack. Partner him up with someone who is actually interesting. Or have a different player partner him every week and cut one of the player interviews they normally do which makes the show feel crammed in.

Wednesday - Leave.

Thursday - Just piss off Brian Lake. Get a new past player to partner Dal, Murph would be the obvious option, or even Mitchell as he's done some work there this year (dunno how him in Perth would work).

End of the day all it's good for ATM is when my own clubs player is on and the pretty sick montages they put together.

I actually miss fight night on Thursday haha. Hall and Mooney weren't the most articulate but I can't stand Lake and Dal Santo.

My dislike for Dal Santo is more to do with his voice, rather than what he says. Bit unfair on him as he can't do anything about it but if you find someone's voice irritating, it's hard to put up with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually miss fight night on Thursday haha. Hall and Mooney weren't the most articulate but I can't stand Lake and Dal Santo.

My dislike for Dal Santo is more to do with his voice, rather than what he says. Bit unfair on him as he can't do anything about it but if you find someone's voice irritating, it's hard to put up with it.
Completely agree on his voice. It's so squeaky haha.

Robbo just called Lewis's sister his brother. Seriously, you can't make this s**t up.

I really enjoyed Matty Boyd calling Robbo out for giving him the back hander tonight :D

Completely agree on his voice. It's so squeaky haha.
I watched yesterday's episode tonight.

Genuinely baffled at him having a go at Caro for changing her opinion on Buckley.

He writes an article every week changing his opinion on Buckley?!

Bloke is an idiot
Every circus needs its clown.

For a show that is generally so focused on the MRP findings I can't believe that the Wines hit on Langdon didn't get a single mention. Staggering. They must really love Ollie.

I usually sfellow silently at the suggestion that Robbo is drunk on the show.

But fuuuuuck. There were a couple of times tonight when he could barely talk :drunk:

The coughing was a lot more noticeable from Robbo too.

I always watch the first part of the show then fast forward through the guests with the exception of Chris Scott. Not much gets said as the show is 'the mouth' for the AFL. It's made to look like independent reporting but there is never an exclusive or gossip apart from Robbo flinging his own s**t at the wall to see what sticks.

I gave up on this show a couple of seasons ago.

I really like Gerard's opinions but he basically hosted the show and never said what he thought. Robbo just started to annoy me.

Most of Fox Footys TV shows are all the same now. I just find good podcasts and listen to then on the way to work.

Funniest on Wednesday was when he was having a go at Mark Evans for calling a journalists questions stupid and said thats why media relations are low.

No you fat campaigner it's low because the journalists ask the same 15 questions every week expecting a different answer and then when they get any word that's slightly off the line they blow it up into a 3 page spread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back