Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

THAT goal was nominated. :D

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-07/wallas-goal-nominated
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has been nominated for the AFL's Goal of the Year award.

The Bombers forward displayed the repeat efforts that have been a key feature of his game since he made in debut.

'Walla' collected the ball cleanly, handballed to a teammate, then paddled and dribbled his way to the goalsquare culminating in a soccer goal for the Bombers.

You can vote for Walla here.

Entrants go into the running to win one of two official AFL Sherrin footys each week and the major cash prize of $5000 at the end of the 2017 AFL home and away season.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-07/wallas-goal-nominated

Any fine person sitting in level 1 Ess reserve want to verify I yelled out kick goal of the year tippa immediately before the goal?

I keep telling my stunned mullet gf who at this point is not even blowing bubbles in response.

I think I've watched this 20 times now, and am still undecided on whether he intended to nutmeg SPS or he just got lucky. Thoughts?
Looks like he intended to soccer the ball over that particular piece of grass, and SPS also deliberately decided to stand on that particular piece of grass. The two being in the same place at once is probably a coincidence... although why SPS didn't shepherd him or something I don't know.

Looks like he intended to soccer the ball over that particular piece of grass, and SPS also deliberately decided to stand on that particular piece of grass. The two being in the same place at once is probably a coincidence... although why SPS didn't shepherd him or something I don't know.
If he deliberately nutmeg he'd him then it's the best party trick since Dempsey's back heel...I'm sceptical.
I keep oscillating on it. When you look at it frame by frame, it looks deliberate. He soccers the ball and skips around SPS simultaneously!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unreal how far the kid has come. Played against him for a couple of years in our school comp while he was at chairo. Pretty overweight, not that confident but when he got it s**t happened. He sneaks up on you as well like he's trying to run silently, which took me massively by surprise because he was so *in solid. Really happy for him he was extremely shy, now look at the great man fist pumping 50,000 supporters on the MCG.

"Yeh nah he has hit his ceiling" source: Main board
Yeah there were a few even here early in the year who thought that he would struggle to follow up last year's performances .... poor demented fools. He has done that and more, and as the FreshPrinceOfPyongYang said above - if this is his ceiling, and he sticks at that level like a dread-locked helium balloon of joy, menace, and fair play, then that ain't such a bad level to be stuck at ...
Personally, can't see any reason he can't keep raising the ceiling (and the roof!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back