Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think people are being very generous labelling Levi a potential 50+ goal forward when he has kicked 100 over his 8 year career.

As a second tall he would get less delivery so I don't see that helping his cause. I also disagree about our poor entries - our forwards not pressing back and leading strongly is more a factor imo, and Levi seems to fare better when it's sat on his head then out in front anyway.

Think people are being very generous labelling Levi a potential 50+ goal forward when he has kicked 100 over his 8 year career.

As a second tall he would get less delivery so I don't see that helping his cause. I also disagree about our poor entries - our forwards not pressing back and leading strongly is more a factor imo, and Levi seems to fare better when it's sat on his head then out in front anyway.

I actually think he will kick less goals as we get better. As a struggling midfield with slow ball movement we "bomb" it into our forward 50 quite a bit. That suits Levi. As we get better and hopefully have a better forward structure I think we will go to him less and less.

Last edited:

91 of 105 goals in his past four years of a six year career. He didn't play a lot of games in his first two years.

I don't think he's necessarily a 50+ goal kicker either but we don't give him the best chance with delivery into the forward line either. For someone who was a rookie listing, I think he does ok as a stop gap while the younger guys develop.

Thats a good sign. Its a pity many on here dont value tackles and pressure acts performed by our own players. Many of those players are the most maligned on here, without even referencing such stats
True, always good to see the game and check the stats though – no good rating someones contested positions if you don't know they played outside all day.

When looking at the stats I usually check out a players fantasy performance across the game, in this case you can see that Hopper had two fairly long stints on the sidelines, so it's obvious to see that knock kept him out for a bit.

For someone who was a rookie listing, I think he does ok as a stop gap while the younger guys develop.

Happy to keep Leavi. Sentimentally, he seems like a lovely fella and part of the furniture at the club.

But the way SOS operated with Tuohy, the signs point to us cashing in for a 2nd top 40 pick in 12 months. Isn't that how the rookie list is supposed to work? Buy low, sell high.

Happy to keep Leavi. Sentimentally, he seems like a lovely fella and part of the furniture at the club.

But the way SOS operated with Tuohy, the signs point to us cashing in for a 2nd top 40 pick in 12 months. Isn't that how the rookie list is supposed to work? Buy low, sell high.

Don't really care about the lovely fella part, just think he serves a purpose at the moment.

Jack ******* Steele went from being a 2nd year NEAFL player to an extremely effective inside midfielder at AFL level with full time midfield minutes.

Hopper is Jack Steele with more class.
and more hurt factor with his disposals too

If Gibbs leaves, don't expect B or M Crouch to be a part of the deal. It just doesn't make any sense from an Adelaide perspective.
official - he's off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're offer Kelly 9 year deal if that what will entice him to join us...Kangas still in the hunt.
Offer Kelly the life time deal because that's what it is.

A chance to play for the Blues for 12 years.

A chance to play in multiple premierships

A chance to coach or be involved in the club for life

A chance to be the biggest name in footy.

Arden St cant offer that.

Correct
Maybe if Cas is desperate for the 3rd year they have it as a trigger clause.
If he can kick, say 100 goals (combined) in those first two season, it automatically triggers a 3rd year.
Just a thought if the 3rd year is a stumbling point????
Make it 80, otherwise he will start hoggin every chance and not passing.

I don't see an issue with a 9 year deal, even with multiple injuries and/or poor form I coudn't see us cutting out losses for at least 5-6 years in any case.

If Gibbs leaves, don't expect B or M Crouch to be a part of the deal. It just doesn't make any sense from an Adelaide perspective.
We're offer Kelly 9 year deal if that what will entice him to join us...Kangas still in the hunt.
Gents, anything on Cuningham's contract status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back