2nds Swans Reserves 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither was great in the neafl GF.

I think discussion of either of these two blokes should be limited to the Trade Hypotheticals thread.

Disagree on Marsh. He was cleaning up AA's stuff ups all night long. Was one of the few players that wasn't awful on Saturday night.

Laidler has the experience though.

Disagree on Marsh. He was cleaning up AA's stuff ups all night long. Was one of the few players that wasn't awful on Saturday night.

Laidler has the experience though.

Marsh cannot hit targets and panics. Laids is more composed but could not run out of sight on a foggy moonless night. Both are wonderful triers.

Marsh cannot hit targets and panics. Laids is more composed but could not run out of sight on a foggy moonless night. Both are wonderful triers.

I'd still take both over AA's game. Dead set AA was giving Foote a contest for Worst on Ground. I'd rather both Laids and Marsh in a final.

I'd still take both over AA's game. Dead set AA was giving Foote a contest for Worst on Ground. I'd rather both Laids and Marsh in a final.
Foote, 27 disposals and about the second best performer for the Swannies? That Foote? Not 5 touches Wicks, or 8 touches Alex Johnson? Were had some blokes who were much poorer than AA or Foote

Gotta agree!
Even Caesar 88 couldn't be asking for Aliir back in the team after his game on saturday night, putrid is the best word I can think of to describe it.

Foote, 27 disposals and about the second best performer for the Swannies? That Foote? Not 5 touches Wicks, or 8 touches Alex Johnson? Were had some blokes who were much poorer than AA or Foote

That Foote! The one that turned it over at least half his possessions, the one that missed 2 or 3 sodas straight in front.

I can't believe we gifted him a 3 year deal.

Gotta agree!
Even Caesar 88 couldn't be asking for Aliir back in the team after his game on saturday night, putrid is the best word I can think of to describe it.

It was that bad I was screaming "put him Full Forward at least he won't screw up down there"

Too small? Agree for Smith or McVeigh role but I doubt he can handle the gorillas.

More confidence in him than AA doing it right now. What so called gorillas are left anyway? Tex Walker is one and possibly Patton but that's about it. Jeremy Cameron is injured and isn't really a gorilla forward anyway.

I've said this before but some people play much better at a higher level than they do at a lower level (Foote, I agree has strugggled at AFL but that doesn't mean he can't or won't make it...just like Kirk). Players like Aliir, Marsh, Tippett, Laidler, Robinson and Hayward do have the runs on the board and could easily slot into the AFL team. You could throw in AJ but that's a different scenario now unfortunately. So what, some (most) had a poor game on Saturday night but that doesn't mean they can't stand up this week if picked.

More confidence in him than AA doing it right now. What so called gorillas are left anyway? Tex Walker is one and possibly Patton but that's about it. Jeremy Cameron is injured and isn't really a gorilla forward anyway.
For god sake, we play Geelong this week and Tom Hawkins is a ******* mountain! Laidler could not keep up with him (or any of the others you've mentioned) let alone challenge him one on one!

I've said this before but some people play much better at a higher level than they do at a lower level (Foote, I agree has strugggled at AFL but that doesn't mean he can't or won't make it...just like Kirk). Players like Aliir, Marsh, Tippett, Laidler, Robinson and Hayward do have the runs on the board and could easily slot into the AFL team. You could throw in AJ but that's a different scenario now unfortunately. So what, some (most) had a poor game on Saturday night but that doesn't mean they can't stand up this week if picked.

There is having "poor" games and there is missing sitters from 20m out right in front...and don't get me started on AA's game. He was putrid on Saturday, and flat out lazy. No shock whoever he was marking was doing well.

Foote is just ordinary, I'm sorry but I'll be blunt, and Saturday typified him. Tries hard, but can't kick, and has no awareness. Turns the ball over continuously.

For god sake, we play Geelong this week and Tom Hawkins is a ******* mountain! Laidler could not keep up with him (or any of the others you've mentioned) let alone challenge him one on one!

Yes and Grundy will take him, he's not injured (thank goodness). However going forward it's only the Adelaide game where we might have issues. Not as if GWS and Richmond have monsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson was the only one who enhanced his reputation on Saturday. Did the grunt work, got the ball and slotted 4 in a losing team.

Maybe it was a crap pre-season this year, but I thought Foote was better in the 1s last year. Allir has regressed but maybe the turf toe and other niggles are responsible. Hope both improve with a good off and pre-season.

I really hope we don't need to call on Marsh, Laidler or Dan (refuse to mention his embarrassing surname). Haywood was typically in and out but tackled well.

Melican, Cunningham and Haywood are the three to be competing for position 22, with Melican a walk up if fit.

There is having "poor" games and there is missing sitters from 20m out right in front...and don't get me started on AA's game. He was putrid on Saturday, and flat out lazy. No shock whoever he was marking was doing well.

Foote is just ordinary, I'm sorry but I'll be blunt, and Saturday typified him. Tries hard, but can't kick, and has no awareness. Turns the ball over continuously.
Buddy misses from 20!

Patton's not a monster? Rory Lobbe not tall?

I said maybe Patton, not as if AA would do well there anyway. Lobb lol...he's tall I'll give you that, he's done stuff all this year though! His game on Friday was horrific!

Buddy misses from 20!

Not over and over again. I'm sorry but flat out I don't rate him and if he's in the side next year I'll need lots of tequila so I don't remember the game. His games this year caused me to get hammered!

I'm still getting over his last game!

Dawson was the only one who enhanced his reputation on Saturday. Did the grunt work, got the ball and slotted 4 in a losing team.

Maybe it was a crap pre-season this year, but I thought Foote was better in the 1s last year. Allir has regressed but maybe the turf toe and other niggles are responsible. Hope both improve with a good off and pre-season.

I really hope we don't need to call on Marsh, Laidler or Dan (refuse to mention his embarrassing surname). Haywood was typically in and out but tackled well.

Melican, Cunningham and Haywood are the three to be competing for position 22, with Melican a walk up if fit.
Melican's fit...that was tactical, you can bet your last dollar on it! We can sit here and debate about it until we're blue in the face but you just never know who they're gonna pick. One thing that is guaranteed...not everyone will will agree on it!

Not over and over again. I'm sorry but flat out I don't rate him and if he's in the side next year I'll need lots of tequila so I don't remember the game. His games this year caused me to get hammered!

I'm still getting over his last game!
Really? I thought he missed only one shot from 20 out (it was further than that)! If you're drinking like that over one player, you need psychological or medical help. And if that's the case, how can you suggest anything you write has any reasoning?

I said maybe Patton, not as if AA would do well there anyway. Lobb lol...he's tall I'll give you that, he's done stuff all this year though! His game on Friday was horrific!
Tom Boyd did stuff all last year...how'd he go in the big game?

Melican's fit...that was tactical, you can bet your last dollar on it! We can sit here and debate about it until we're blue in the face but you just never know who they're gonna pick. One thing that is guaranteed...not everyone will will agree on it!

The second thing that is clear is that whoever is picked will perform their assigned role to the best of their ability.

Hope your mail is right re Melican's fitness. Geelong will go taller and more hard bodied up forward than Essendon.

Get over your Foote hate.
People on here are terrible at giving blokes a chance to improve in our system. Foote was one of our top 3 players mate.
We scored 22 behinds. One of his kicks from 50 in the third Q was supposedly touched on the line, but that kick went close to being a goal.

I thought Foote was terrific actually & Dawson was too with his finishing efforts. Foote is there as an in & under midfielder that does the heavy stuff & is learning his craft.
Give our players a break folks. It's the reserves & it's where they play to work on their deficiencies. What the hell are people expecting from them?

Foote may very well not make the cut but he has some ticker & that is the one ingredient our coaches look for.

The second thing that is clear is that whoever is picked will perform their assigned role to the best of their ability.

Hope your mail is right re Melican's fitness. Geelong will go taller and more hard bodied up forward than Essendon.
You'd think they'd bring in Menzel and Buzza at least. They're a fairly tall side at the best of times so I don't know who else they'd bring in aside from Stanley but he seems to be out of favour.

Really? I thought he missed only one shot from 20 out (it was further than that)! If you're drinking like that over one player, you need psychological or medical help. And if that's the case, how can you suggest anything you write has any reasoning?

I do mow sure I don't post after the game if I've had more than a few, usually turn my phone off lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back