Strategy Trengove in Limbo

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Suns have approached Ken through his manager, even if he has a contract with us, then we should start contacting any competent person at the Suns to join Port.
We already did
DixonbeardSuns.jpg

It'll be sad to see Jacko go but he'll leave with the genuine best wishes of the club and the supporters. You can't say that for many players who have left Port in the past.

He'll go back to what he does best at his new club - play as a key position defender who might pinch hit in the ruck. Not be forced to play a role that doesn't suit him.

It would be sheer lunacy to move Trengove on.

We have three good ruckmen: Ryder is an All Australian, Trengove can play in the ruck, defence and in the forward lines and Lobbe is under-rated and undervalued by many.

What would happen if Ryder is unavailable? What would happen if Ryder is unavailable & so too Dixon or Jonas or Cluery?

Moving Trengove on would be a gigantic step backwards in building a premiership side. Tall, good men don't grow on trees nor do they develop in one or two years, unlike midfielders.

The rabid media pack that suggests that Trengove is on the way out are just a bunch of buffoons and I would be staggered if we got rid of Trengove.

We have three good ruckmen: Ryder is an All Australian, Trengove can play in the ruck, defence and in the forward lines and Lobbe is under-rated and undervalued by many.

What would happen if Ryder is unavailable? What would happen if Ryder is unavailable & so too Dixon or Jonas or Cluery?

Moving Trengove on would be a gigantic step backwards in building a premiership side. Tall, good men don't grow on trees nor do they develop in one or two years, unlike midfielders.

The rabid media pack that suggests that Trengove is on the way out are just a bunch of buffoons and I would be staggered if we got rid of Trengove.

He's gone mate.

How's about this? If Trengove stays at the PAFC next year, you add 'Robbie Gray is a champion' to your signature. If he doesn't, I'll add 'Robbie Gray isn't fit to tie Martin Leslie's boots' to mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's gone mate.

How's about this? If Trengove stays at the PAFC next year, you add 'Robbie Gray is a champion' to your signature. If he doesn't, I'll add 'Robbie Gray isn't fit to tie Martin Leslie's boots' to mine.
I hope you're wrong Schulzenfest.

I'll tell you what though, why don't you add to your signature "Robbie Gray is mesmerising" and I'll add "Martin Leslie is a final's footballer and Scott Hodges is a champion" to mine all the same, that way, people will be in no doubt that Robbie Gray has a mystical hold on any number of people that masks his limitations that would preclude anyone else from being labelled a champion and my signature would remind people Martin Leslie was superhuman and a champion in the big matches and Scott Hodges was a champion all of the time.

Its about dollars. He has been offered a contract at 50-60% its current value. He will pay for the * ups of the Lobbe and Hartlett being over paid for long term deals. We should keep him. We aren't going to have an injury free season like this year again.

>>> We aren't going to have an injury free season like this year again.

so we had an injury free year and still lost to WC at home? AAAnd WC got belted out of the stadium at Giants?:eek::eek::eek:

Its about dollars. He has been offered a contract at 50-60% its current value. He will pay for the **** ups of the Lobbe and Hartlett being over paid for long term deals. We should keep him. We aren't going to have an injury free season like this year again.

Hartlett has earned his keep this year. Sluggish start that everyone reminded him of weekly but really worked into it as the season wore on. Lobbe on the other hand... <shakes head> *that's* where the dollars for Trengove are locked up out of reach. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its about dollars. He has been offered a contract at 50-60% its current value. He will pay for the **** ups of the Lobbe and Hartlett being over paid for long term deals. We should keep him. We aren't going to have an injury free season like this year again.

Trengove was also 'very' well paid by all accounts.

Trengove was also 'very' well paid by all accounts.
Yes that's why he is a restricted free agent. But he never got a 4 and 5 year deal.

so we had an injury free year and still lost to WC at home? AAAnd WC got belted out of the stadium at Giants?:eek::eek::eek:
Not saying we are any good but Jonas being out hurt us a bit.

Is a 4 and 5 year the same as a 9 year deal, or is it more of a Chris Judd type situation?
What??? Did you follow the conversation? Lobbe 4 Hartlett 5 years. I dont know how you can confuse that.

In the game against West Coast, the following players were playing in their first ever finals game: Clurey 23years old & 40 games; Bonner 20yo 3 games (1st year player); Byrne-Jones 21, 40 games; Howard 21, 9 games; Sam Gray 25, 56 games; Marshall 18, 2 games (1st year player); Dixon 26, 105 games, Powel-Pepper 19, 21 games (1st year player); Amon 22, 35 games; Houston 20, 16 games (1st year player); Impey 22, 75 games.

The above players were looking to the finals experienced players for guidance and leadership and it was the "champions" that blew this game. I can forgive Ryder to some degree because this is his first year back after a year off without being at a club proper and he has had a very tough and heavy workload all year being bashed and crashed as basically, the lone ruckman but what about Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard? They were found wanting at crucial moments in the game. Are people advocating that we get rid of those two? Are people going to blame Hinkley because of those two player's failures?

West Coast played the game of their lives against Port and had to play what amounted to an extra quarter of brutal football to get through and then they came up against a top notch, physically big and strong Giants side who expended next to no energy against the cows the week before and had something to prove and people are surprised that West Coast got beaten so badly?

We are talking about human beings here, not machines, a fact that is borne out by looking at how exhausted Ryder looked in a game that was a step up again from even the most intense home and away game possible.

Also note that we blooded Atley and the real good Johnson this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back