Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richmond by a little

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably already mentioned but 2016 & 2017 Premiers had a small mobile forwardline with one key forward - Tom Boyd 2016, Jack reiwolt 2017. Is this the way forward? if so we need to throw our Pick 5 & Balic to demons for Hogan and their pick 11. Build a mobile forward line around Hogan.
I'd love to know what planet Freo would be able to trade pick 5 for effectively hogan and pick 11....

I stopped watching at 3 quarter time, what sort of reception did James Hird get when giving the NS medal?
On TV he got a minor boo then the whole crowd weirdly got quiet and kinda muffled. Live apparently it was some pretty impressive booing

I stopped watching at 3 quarter time, what sort of reception did James Hird get when giving the NS medal?
Mixed booing. Pretty meh the whole thing to be honest. Just hate that we would have absolutely smashed them a couple of years ago. The fact that we beat the premiers at the G this year is kinda embarrassing for them tbh.

Richmond choke against Fremantle and GWS in H and away early in the season really set them up for this GF.

Good to see that I can go back to my never pick Adelaide, they are overrated and not worth it.
Proved to be right again. Bruise free footy today. Betts was worse then Leon Davis himself, Charlie Cameron did nothing for 3.5 quarters. Ran out of gas halfway through the first ha.
Having Walker and Jenkins plus Otten (wtf..) made them so so slow

Good to see that I can go back to my never pick Adelaide, they are overrated and not worth it.
Proved to be right again. Bruise free footy today. Betts was worse then Leon Davis himself, Charlie Cameron did nothing for 3.5 quarters. Ran out of gas halfway through the first ha.
I think you underrated Richmond luck and medical team . Last week they had 17 AfL listed players play VFL GF and this week a different set of 22 players playing in GF . That is a very healthy playing list of 39 players.

So in short, all their forwards were bad? Nothing at all to do with the midfield right?

It's ridiculous how often people blame forwards with no service for games that were lost by large margins because of midfield dominance. It barely went in Adelaide's half of the ground for most of the 2nd half of the game, you can't just blame their forwards for that.

Eddie Betts is the best small forward in the comp and it's ridiculous to say he doesn't perform on the big stage - but you can't do a lot as a small forward when the ball is up the other end of the ground all day.

Their forward line looks and functions great when they are clunking marks. But the kicks into the 50 today were easily being picked off by the Tigers. If you watch what they do, a defender like Grimes will just position his body in front of someone like Jenkins. He runs with Jenkins but is in front, impeding him, legally, whilst the ball is in the air and ensuring that he can't get to the contest. In comes hero Rance to take the uncontested mark and all the plaudits.

Tigers will be found out next year though. Once their defence starts leaking this will stop the supply to the midfield and forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was barracking for Adelaide but omce the game was over I found myself happy for the Tiges and cheering for them.

Can't help but feel really bummed about the lack of winning feeling we've experienced. Looking forward to climbing back up that ladder again and hopefully finally tasting success.

Full credit to Richmond for seizing the opportunity when it presented but geez... when I look at that line up they would have to be pound for pound the weakest team I've seen win the premiership in my 23 years of watching footy.

I would not be surprised if they fall straight back out of the 8 next year.

Full credit to Richmond for seizing the opportunity when it presented but geez... when I look at that line up they would have to be pound for pound the weakest team I've seen win the premiership in my 23 years of watching footy.

I would not be surprised if they fall straight back out of the 8 next year.
I'd go further and say it is easily the weakest two teams to make up a grand final I have seen in my time watching footy. (Which I am afraid to say is more around the 30 year mark than a fresh faced 23. )

Underselling Richmond a bit there; two Brownlow medallists, a two time Coleman medallist the current All Australian captain and centre half back just to name a few.

just to name them all. Martin/Cotchin/Riewoldt/Rance and then a whooooole lot of vanilla. really it was the same team on paper that everyone (incl me) has been potting for 5 years for being too reliant on a few stars. BUT Hardwick got them playing committed, disciplined and desperate footy and they pinched a flag against the more fancied, offensively dynamic team. and almost through defensive pressure alone. I think today hurts more because I can't help but draw parallels between them and Freo of 2013 and again face off with the ugly 'What if?' we've been dealing with for 4 years.

Richmond won their first GF in donkeys mainly through incredible effort and it will forever be a thorn in my side that we couldn't do it too, even though great effort was our hallmark. very bitter & drunk atm but mostly i'm envious :(

and im aware that ive grossly oversimplified their achievement but what can you do.

I'd go further and say it is easily the weakest two teams to make up a grand final I have seen in my time watching footy. (Which I am afraid to say is more around the 30 year mark than a fresh faced 23. )

As much as I was barracking for Adelaide today I have to admit that Sloane/Crouch/Crouch....Atkins/Mackay doesn't really scream premiership quality midfield to me. i think they've done well to be as good as they have been with such a glaring weakness. Jacobs deserves a lot of credit, dare I say it he's been Naitanui like in his ability make an average midfield perform respectably

Unfortunately our inability to take our chances cost us the flag in 2013. The game was there to be won we just didn't convert as simple as that.

Kick straight in 2013 we win.

We dominated the stats everywhere but the scoreboard.

We are also the only team since 2010 to lose the grand final as the lowest ranked team.

It hurts that much in that watching grand finals haven't been the same since 2013

Knowing pav never became a premiership player unlike some spuds have in the last few years.

I quite enjoyed the game & I'm not that sure Tigers are any worse than what we put out there in 13. They know how to kick a score & their defense is outstanding. What impressed me most about them in the finals was their resolve & belief. No matter what was thrown at them they just steadied & played harder till momentum went back their way. Freo 13 was like a huge effort unleashed at the first bounce that's sustained till the game was won but we could be caught as they would get wobbly if the other mob got a run on. Tigers never looked like losing every final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I right, or am I right?! Been saying for years Taylor Walker is incredibly overrated and useless in big games.

Adelaide losing by so much was a massive shock, but losing wasn't too much of a surprise. Forward line choking in a big game was expected. Don't think Adelaide are as close to a flag as everyone thinks they are, massive reality check.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I quite enjoyed the game & I'm not that sure Tigers are any worse than what we put out there in 13. They know how to kick a score & their defense is outstanding. What impressed me most about them in the finals was their resolve & belief. No matter what was thrown at them they just steadied & played harder till momentum went back their way. Freo 13 was like a huge effort unleashed at the first bounce that's sustained till the game was won but we could be caught as they would get wobbly if the other mob got a run on. Tigers never looked like losing every final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree.
The tigers defence is outstanding lead by Rance.Richmond just played the the modern game perfectly.

Great defence,above average midfield and a fast,pressuring front front six.

Back