List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too much from the academy this year after Brander & Spargo were removed. Nick Shipley (tall midfielder) & Jack Powell (180cm mid/fwd) probably the only likely main draft options, and those are probably third & fourth round picks. Well covered by our current 2 x second round & 2 x fourth round ricks. Two possible rookie selections in Brendan Myers (running mid/half back) & Nathan Richards (ruck). I would think our interest is in replacing those who are being poached by other clubs, and a little reshuffle of picks to ensure we can get those replacements as early in the draft as possible while holding enough points to match selections for Shipley & Powell. And it's possible that we don't even match Powell - although I hope we do, nice player with good potential, also gives us another Canberra lad. Shipley will be the first graduate from western Sydney itself - an auspicious pickup (and stolen across from soccer). So, I think our aim will be to get as early a draft pick as possible out of the Smith, Kennedy & Wilson trades (possibly one of those going for a future trade). There may be a nibble for us to trade with Saints for your pick 8, but that would be dependent on getting other trades close enough to interest Saints, so probably a long shot. Definitely don't think we'll be looking to trade anyone else out, to Saints or anyone else.

Thanks for replying. It was something I hadn’t heard much about. Academy talent is unpredictable and can vary from year to year. It’s probably not bad timing for a lull in academy talent with the penalty applied to GWS 1st RDP this year.

I can’t see any trade involving Saints & GWS for pick 8 unless something comes out of left field. You never know, but my sense is Saints are happy to take picks 7 & 8 to the draft unless there is A-grade talent we can trade-in. Unlikely IMO although we will dangle the carrot out there.

It’s been 16 years since we’ve had 2 x top 10 DPs & this is a huge opportunity for the club to inject elite young talent in what could be the youngest list in 2018.

It’s also a good time for GWS to consolidate and reflect. I don’t see how they benefit trading players like Wilson or Tomlinson unless those players are definitely leaving or the salary cap is bursting, especially with the club still in the window for success. Steady as she goes with a focus on development and filling the odd gap.

I reckon it wouldn't hurt for you boys to see what it would take to get Big boy McEvoy from hawks if big mummy is hanging them up

I reckon it wouldn't hurt for you boys to see what it would take to get Big boy McEvoy from hawks if big mummy is hanging them up
Lobb wants the job and is looking ready, Simpson had a great year and Flynn is developing. I'm not sure rucks are a priority for us. Generally like the idea of players from the Hawks system, but retention is our priority right now I think.

Lobb to main ruck in the SF and PF was one of the moves that really worked for us tbh, possibly even sparked the current speculation

Lobb with his mobility was a big positive for me in our midfield. Also allowed us to not be too top heavy I50. However the loss of his marking up front highlighted the need for a defensive minded small to complement our aggressive forwards

I honestly don't care if he stays or goes just wanted to know what you get his worth is since I have no idea haha I'd say a late 1st which is something I wouldn't be prepared to trade anyway
It's close if he was out of contract and had nominated a club. There would a premium for a contracted player who features in our plan going forward. A significant one.

I honestly don't care if he stays or goes just wanted to know what you get his worth is since I have no idea haha I'd say a late 1st which is something I wouldn't be prepared to trade anyway
Well, 2 years ago we were offered pick 12 by Carlton, and he's become more entrenched in the team since then. Plus in contract. You might not agree that's his value, but if he were to be the 4th departure this year I'm sure the club wouldn't be letting him go cheap - especially when the others are having their value talked down.

Well, 2 years ago we were offered pick 12 by Carlton, and he's become more entrenched in the team since then. Plus in contract. You might not agree that's his value, but if he were to be the 4th departure this year I'm sure the club wouldn't be letting him go cheap - especially when the others are having their value talked down.
In other words bombers shouldn't even bother Haha

He should stay you guys have enough players leaving and it looks like we want Smith aswell. Must be nice having all your players in high demand :p

In other words bombers shouldn't even bother Haha

He should stay you guys have enough players leaving and it looks like we want Smith aswell. Must be nice having all your players in high demand :p
We're pretty much over it actually. :)No doubt there'll come a time when we'll look back on this period fondly though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey ya li'l orange QT's,
quick q....
Always been a fan of Smith but his development seems to have stagnated in the last few years.
How much of that would you put that down to his mysterious knee issue (which worryingly seems to have hung around for a few years)?

Hey ya li'l orange QT's,
quick q....
Always been a fan of Smith but his development seems to have stagnated in the last few years.
How much of that would you put that down to his mysterious knee issue (which worryingly seems to have hung around for a few years)?
100% but I'm sure Dr Reid has the cure

Hey ya li'l orange QT's,
quick q....

Probably all of it, not sure it's that mysterious.

To be frank though he is prospectively one of the great small fwds of all time, but wants to be a midfielder, easier to fix his knee than that head *

We wont trade 11 for him straight up but I feel your club will be keen to have that pick be apart of the deal with one of your picks in the 20s coming to us.
That's how I see it playing out as well. Fair I'd think.

We'll surely have a few more picks in the 20s to play around with after our other trades

So apparently (sauce was Barrett so I stress apparently) we've tabled a five-year deal for Tomlinson.

To be fair I don't know a lot about him, much less what he would be worth at trade. Picks? Players? Is this a good or bad move from your end?

So apparently (sauce was Barrett so I stress apparently) we've tabled a five-year deal for Tomlinson.

To be fair I don't know a lot about him, much less what he would be worth at trade. Picks? Players? Is this a good or bad move from your end?

7 would be at least.
Talented wanted and contracted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is it with targeting players who signed multi-year deals less than 6 months ago?

St Kilda can piss off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back