List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather we go to the draft...looking forward to McLarty playing seniors.

Agreed. Thomlinson has great size and mobility, but he's ordinary in the air and his disposal and decision making is suspect. He'd be a good get if he was cheap, but he won't be cheap.

Wright and McCarthy are the ones who have stood out recently that we overlooked when we had access to them.
Cam McCarthy might be one. Not very tall (192cm) and not a strong marking player though. Wouldn't be a great partner to Moore.

Wright wasn't good enough to take at 5. Much prefer De Goey and we did need a developing potential star mid. Wright's the exact example I'd use to warn against not taking best available this year. You don't give up the chance to take a potentially elite player by purposely taking a worse one due to need. You do that later in the draft not in the top 10. An elite player always fits.

Trade summary 5 October 2017.

Today, precisely nothing of interest or importance happened.

I couldn't find my belly button today. Gripped with a deep sense of existential dread and nothingness due to this, I briefly contemplated watching Fox News. Managed to pull myself back from the brink with the aid of pure alcohol. Spoke to a pot plant...he was a witty conversationalist and made better sense than Terry Wallace. He told me we are into Balic.

Tomorrow, I may buy a panda.

Found my belly button after all. It was in the sock drawer all along. Blue lint again. Reassuring.

Good times.

Pies setting up for a big draft/ trade next year.
Interesting to hear on SEN that Tomlinson name come up again and that Pies into him. Means he’ll go to Dons, Dees or Blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately Buckley doesnt have the right to be patient and risk another poor year in 2018, to focus on the trade and draft periods next year.
Another poor year and Bucks wont even be there, despite a 2 yr deal.

But we don't need Sloane. He's a great player, but he's a midfielder of the type we have plenty of - to super fast, can get the ball, decent but not brilliant disposal.

Lynch would be awesome, but everyone will make a play for him.

Steele + whatever to GC for Lynch.

Sloane in to replace Sidebottom.

Sounds alright #spitballing

Unfortunately Buckley doesnt have the right to be patient and risk another poor year in 2018, to focus on the trade and draft periods next year.
Another poor year and Bucks wont even be there, despite a 2 yr deal.

Might be true for Bucks, but he isn't the Collingwood Football Club.

If Saad is off to the Dons we should make a play for Baguley (RFA). He's one of the best shut down back pockets going around. Continue to develop Crisp as an offensive half back. Plus Varcoe for extra dash. That's a good mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who makes stupid and unfounded statements, whose absurdity are exposed by facts, of course would believe this.
Next time think before you make outlandish statements that can easily be disproved.
Explain to me how you have disproved it? Both of those players a) win more contested footy b) Treloar has the lowest kick to handball ratio, only kicking 43% of the time compared to Danger 45% and Martin 64%. But keep telling me how looking at his disposal efficiency proves he is a good kick.

Are we keeping a low profile or doesn't anyone want to come to our club???

Well its a concern considering we chased Smith hard, and despite his own manager getting a role with the club, and having a best mate in Adams there, along with Treloar and WHE, he still bypassed us.

Saad we also chased, and he bypassed us.

There has to be something in it, you cant have a interest in players, like Lever, Smith and Saad and not gain a interest from any of them, yet Essendon can get 2 and will be 3 tomorrow, players asking to go there.

And Smith is not salary cap or position played issue, as we were after him for quite awhile and very keen to get him to the club.

Cam McCarthy might be one. Not very tall (192cm) and not a strong marking player though. Wouldn't be a great partner to Moore.

Wright wasn't good enough to take at 5. Much prefer De Goey and we did need a developing potential star mid. Wright's the exact example I'd use to warn against not taking best available this year. You don't give up the chance to take a potentially elite player by purposely taking a worse one due to need. You do that later in the draft not in the top 10. An elite player always fits.
Wright was absolutely good enough to take at 5. He was talked about as a top 3 prospect his entire draft year. I love JDG and think he’s a jet, but you’re kidding yourself if you think Wright wasn’t worthy of being selected earlier than he was. He’s out-performed all of McCartin, Pickett, Brayshaw and Marchbank who were taken before him, and is roughly on par with Moore (who was bid on with pick 5 iirc).

I think we should make a play for Cale Hooker. AA Fullback. Play him in the backline. He prefers playing there. Him and James Stewart will be fighting all year for that KP spot with the recruitment of Stringer. He's turning 29 next week. So at least 3-4 years left him. He would allow Mclarty to develop. That would allow Reid to be a fulltime forward too.

Might be true for Bucks, but he isn't the Collingwood Football Club.

He isnt, but like other members who are paying their hard earned to be part of a successful club, l want to see success next year and that is making finals no less. Four years of being mediocre is enough, and guaranteed we go in with practically the same list next year, and blatant issues on the list are not rectified in this trade period, we wont be playing finals.
I wont be expecting a early draft pick/s to be the solution to our problems.

I think we should make a play for Cale Hooker. AA Fullback. Play him in the backline. He prefers playing there. Him and James Stewart will be fighting all year for that KP spot with the recruitment of Stringer. He's turning 29 next week. So at least 3-4 years left him. He would allow Mclarty to develop. That would allow Reid to be a fulltime forward too.
Lol you’re taking the piss yeah? Hooker has Stewart well and truly covered. He’s not fighting with Stewart for anything.

Just like GWS knew Treloar was going to Collingwood. We had a pre made welcome to Collingwood video for him. GWS knew we would pay overs if they held out for more so we did. The RFA has no bearing on the outcome, Adelaide accepted they wouldn't get more out of Geelong so they did the deal while we got bent over
Completely wrong. Sorry. Dangerfield being an RFA has everything to do with Geelong getting him for below market price. If Adelaide had have pushed for more the Cats would have just signed him and they'd have to accept the compensation instead.

We paid what we needed to for Treloar. Probably hoped we'd finish higher the next year, but what can you do? Bringing in an elite player with other teams for competition comes at a cost. Still worth it given he was young at the time and that there is always uncertainty about draft picks. Treloar is easily worth one top 5 pick. It's where he was, would have been, taken himself. Then the fact that he has already actualised as a very good player, he's also worth more. Another first rounder? Slightly stretching it, but get back a 2nd rounder as well and it's fair enough.

Also remember that we'd gone heavily to the draft the previous two years taking 5 first round picks in two years, it was the right time for such a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back