Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Skimmed through a bit of this but haven't noticed anyone mention this. Read somewhere else that Trigg is taking the fall for someone higher up. No idea how credible the info is. The guy has claimed to work at the club, but not sure in what capacity, or if I even believe that. He does try pretty hard to sound like he's the know-all with some of the things he says.
Just thought I'd add that into the mix with people questioning MLoG's ability and tenure.

#EarlsPearls

Robbo stated that Lethlean wouldn't go to Dogs because of Gordon and wouldn't go to Pies because of Eddie. Not sure how this is opposite?

He also stated that Lethlean would go through an interview "process" if he went to Carlton.

No he said that is what he would wouldn't do if he was in their shoes

Mark LoGiudice was embarrassing on Trade Radio in the morning. I was really pissed off listening to it. The way he was speaking and reading between the lines it was everything we use to be and nothing like we thought we now were. Mitch Cleary got him plumb a couple of times about Simon Lethlean questioning which made it obvious he had spoken to him, then talked him up so much he looked pathetic.

I'm fine with the club making a decision best for the club but do it properly, by all means go for someone that you believe better commercial connections in Melbourne. But just like when Mlog tried to pinch the Hawks list manager he has gone about it the wrong way without good governence that reeks of old Carlton.

Last edited:
I'm confused with your thought process....so now you're effectively saying the board is doing their job and are right to go out and find another CEO?

What are you actually arguing about?
The board hired him to begin with
I think that's what I'm saying
Unless the board think his money losing over his last three years at the crows and then continued run at Carlton was a great idea.?
You know we smashed through the AFL credit ceiling a couple of years ago
When you do that it's supposed to not be good

My point is perfectly obvious... NOW whats YOUR point exactly?

Mark LoGiudice was embarrassing on Trade Radio in the morning. I was really pissed off listening to it. The way he was speaking and reading between the lines it was everything we use to be and nothing like we thought we now were. Mitch Cleary got him plumb a couple of times about michael Lethlean questioning which made it obvious he had spomen to him then talked him up so much he looked pathetic.

I'm fine with the club making a decision best for the club but do it properly, by all means go for soneine that you believe better commercial connections in Melbourne. But just like when Mlog tried to pinch the Hawks list manager he has gone about it the wrong way without good governence that reeks of old Carlton.
I don't mind the old Carlton but it's not really the old Carlton when it's a dog's breakfast!
This is just keystone cops

No he said that is what he would wouldn't do if he was in their shoes

Is it not the same thing that has been said? I found it quite amusing that I read it on this site and then Robbo said the exact same thing about an hour after I read it, whether it was what he would do or what Barass has said Lethlean would do.

SAME, SAME, BUT DIFFERENT?

Mark LoGiudice was embarrassing on Trade Radio in the morning. I was really pissed off listening to it. The way he was speaking and reading between the lines it was everything we use to be and nothing like we thought we now were. Mitch Cleary got him plumb a couple of times about Michael Lethlean questioning which made it obvious he had spoken to him, then talked him up so much he looked pathetic.

I'm fine with the club making a decision best for the club but do it properly, by all means go for someone that you believe better commercial connections in Melbourne. But just like when Mlog tried to pinch the Hawks list manager he has gone about it the wrong way without good governence that reeks of old Carlton.

Simon.

I don't mind the old Carlton but it's not really the old Carlton when it's a dog's breakfast!
This is just keystone cops
Times change mate you just can't smack money down and expect results anymore, very naive to think that way of business still works in a professional sporting organisation.

Hope the board actually go through a process without certain board members/previous puppet masters going about having their own conversations without board approval eg the Hawks list manager situation.

Haven’t got the full story so withholding judgement at the moment. I echo the sentiments of others in saying that Trigg has excellent qualities & I have been very happy with the direction of the club since he arrived (commercials aside). If we win a Premiership in the next 10 years then I will definitely be grateful to him for finally getting us out of the never ending 'old-Carlton' cycle.

Having said that, he holds an extremely important role & if he wasn't performing in key areas then I have no problem moving him on. He's staying on in the interim so I don't necessarily buy into Caro's angle that we have treated him poorly (although more information could come to light which backs up her claim).

IF it comes out that someone already has the job then I wont be happy. In this case, everything MLG has said will be nothing but a pathetic charade.

Skimmed through a bit of this but haven't noticed anyone mention this. Read somewhere else that Trigg is taking the fall for someone higher up. No idea how credible the info is. The guy has claimed to work at the club, but not sure in what capacity, or if I even believe that. He does try pretty hard to sound like he's the know-all with some of the things he says.
Just thought I'd add that into the mix with people questioning MLoG's ability and tenure.

Brett Anderson ? I believe it was (afl website and inside football)......... on SEN just before 1pm stated that he had heard Trigg and Silvagni were not seeing eye to eye and Trigg had lost the tug of war (or words to that effect)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Anderson ? I believe it was 9afl website and inside football)......... on SEN just before 1pm stated that he had heard Trigg and Silvagni were not seeing eye to eye and Trigg had lost the tug of war (or words to that effect)
that echoes what Ricky Nixon of all people tweeted yesterday, and was posted here.

MLG interview on Trade Radio was very meh, sometimes it's better to say nothing, would have preferred he avoided media scrutiny in the immediate aftermath.

I am sick of people pinning the financial results wholly on Trigg. If it is a club "reset" where patience is required that included the finances. Besides the president and board are responsible for the financial plan and health. Are they using their network to introduce sponsors and to develop new money generating ideas?

Do you not realise that maybe it was being done professionally until Caro wrote the article?

All she’s done is brought it forward and out in the open.

Chicken Little’s in here are frightening....
You are an arse clown if you spend 2 weeks sacking someone after letting the cat slip out of the bag. Executions should occur quickly and painlessly. I hope you arent calling Triggs dismissal as professionsl

Even Judd knew when it was time to go. Judd was still a great player when he retired but he knew he had lost something and the signs were there.
Trigg probably had lost some enthusiasm with the commuting and could see that there was a fair way to go to get our finances in order. He could have come to a decision to leave for any combination of reasons: Travel, Family, Mental Fatigue, Demands by club/afl increasing, Job requirements changing. Who knows. But if he was finding it harder and harder , then he made the right decision.

I am sick of people pinning the financial results wholly on Trigg. If it is a club "reset" where patience is required that included the finances. Besides the president and board are responsible for the financial plan and health. Are they using their network to introduce sponsors and to develop new money generating ideas?

Along similar lines, some have made mention of the sponsorship situation as a factor in Trigg's 'dismissal' - surely any deals signed during his tenure would've needed to be ratified by the board? If they weren't happy with the deals at the time, why ratify them, and further, why commit to sub-par five year deals that Trigg's successor will be unable to address anyway?

We appointed Swan who had an overpaid holiday whilst at CFC and did bugger all other than stick us with MM, Daisy and screwed up our list for three years.

We sacked Swan and replaced him with Trigg. This guy was let go from Adelaide because of the salary cap debacle. (Exactly what CFC wanted after all of the pain that Elliot put us through.) We may as well have appointed Brian Waldron. Trigg may have taken the fall for others, but he was at the helm and he was sacrificed.

Now we are told Trigg is not upto it. It took them three years to figure out that travelling back and forth from Adelaide was not an ideal scenario, oh and he wasn't meeting his KPI's. Now they are seeking to appoint a bloke who could not keep his pecker in his trousers and thought it was ok to have a relationship with a staff member and humiliating his wife. I wonder what the ladies team would be thinking about all of this?

Lethlean said in July....'My priority now is to do everything I can to repair the damage and hurt I have caused my wife and my family and I cannot do this while working in this public role. Regaining the trust and love of my wife and my family will be my total focus,"

My that was quick. Everything has been repaired and all is forgiven? This guy is living in the Star Trek universe.

Kate Jenkins has said no.... Jeanine Pratt knows first hand the pain and humiliation at the hands of a philanderer, but most of the boys on the Board just wink and nod and have a giggle about it, because that is what these guys do. His only mistake is that he got caught will probably be their view.

Jeff Kennett is the only one with a brain in his head. He said straight out, Lethlean was not getting their job. Well done Jeff, probably underscores why Hawthorn have won premierships whilst we have spent nearly 2 decades in the bottom 6.

I wonder how long before Bolton is given his marching orders because someone else like another MM becomes available?

Is this a fact?
Jenkins doesn't want Lethlean?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...looks-to-be-under-threat-20171005-gyuvny.html

The move to install Lethlean has been led by LoGiudice. His henchmen including Steve Silvagni, Bruce Mathieson's nephew Craig and another director Luke Sayers have been gunning for Trigg for some time. But others, including sex discrimination commissioner Kate Jenkins, had raised doubts about Lethlean's suitability for the role.

Ha! The henchmen. :)

Would like for someone to put the spotlight on Caro's statement here.
Seems to be very driven and intentionally divisive. The CFC shouldn't let it slide if not true.

There's a lot of cheap shots, references to previous boards and guess work in there.

The board hired him to begin with
I think that's what I'm saying
Unless the board think his money losing over his last three years at the crows and then continued run at Carlton was a great idea.?
You know we smashed through the AFL credit ceiling a couple of years ago
When you do that it's supposed to not be good

My point is perfectly obvious... NOW whats YOUR point exactly?

Ok, what CEOs have been brought into the AFL system at a club since Trigg and how did they go?

It’s clear Trigg was a great acquisition at the time and I for one am glad to have had him. His member engagement has been second to none, granted prior to Trigg I couldn’t even call it a schemozzle because it was about ground zero but I don’t have the hindsight of what happens at another AFL club.

So, what you are really saying is that you support the boards move to be rid of Trigg?

Caro is earning a buck and doing her job that’s OK, just digging up and fanning a juicy drama.
The CFC board has the executive power to terminate anyone position after excersing due diligence.
It’s their responsibility to ensure we have the best talent and ability in all positions.
If Simone Lethlean is unanimously selected for his business acumen and administrational abilities to bring us to the next level that’s fine by me, I'll stand by the boards unanimous decision.
The rest is just selling newspapers and inconsequential dribble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back