Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but being a champion of the people means you can get people to believe
That's part of it
We haven't had anybody that can rally everybody together including media, corporates, supporters etc since
That's a big part of what you're looking for

A president or a board member should be seen and not heard...coaches/CEOs/Players are what makes football supporters believe.

I’ve had my fair share of loud mouth presidents of the club, there’s two in the AFL currently and both their clubs are doing s**t with one of the reincarnating as the most despicable president we’ve ever had.

I’m a bit shattered to be honest about Trigg, best CEO we’ve had for 20 years but it’s not a FIFO job it’s all encompassing for 8 months of the year 7 days a week and at least 5 days a week in the off-season.

The article posted earlier suggests we were entitled to think he’d make his way over on a permanent basis to fulfill the role fully.

If the club sees an opportunity I fully expect a good board to explore it.

Then again maybe I'm just jaded. We've seen it time and time again and the same thing happens. People get aggro, say all sorts of negative things about the people running the club, decisions get made and then we all move on to the next thing having achieved nothing but yelling at each other.

I appreciate the response.
So in all that, I gather you accept the official line and that MLG is being upfront in all he has said.

Do you think MLG can remain though?
Do you think he should remain or is it possible that we may have already positioned ourselves for a change in the presidency?

As much as it may seem that I have an agenda against MLG, I'll now seperate the past and simply discuss the present.
I think MLG has managed to do a lot right, and honestly, letting Lethlean know that they will be in the market is not a bad move.

He might want him, he might be his favourite, but he has submitted himself to a process where the whole board gets a say. They won't be able to ignore facts.

I just don't want populist rants and talkback to tell us how to pick an executive board.

He's not going to pot the club it's not how it works in the professional field when you're looking for employment

Wouldn’t pot the club but you’d resign on the spot if you felt you were backstabbed/kept in the dark/lied to etc etc if you had any credibility or pride in yourself.

Would you agree with that or not?

I don't think it really matters, because for all that we may kill each other on in one topic, we pat each others' backs on another.
Had plenty of arguments with Red Bull, Jab, Terry Wallet, Jimmae on this topic, but I still want to hear what they have to say.
Sometimes a little push and shove leads to a good debate and even better, some new and fresh opinions. :)

I just feel that MLG is now in his non-comfort zone of having to represent the club and if left to his devices may yet put a noose around his own neck.
I wouldn't be surprised should that noose is already in place and just needs to chair to be kicked from under him.
to me the fundamental underlying problem with Carlton is the perception that rich benefactors like the Pratts, Matthiesons control the club and will bail it out when needed. This leads to supporters being disengaged financially because, well, what's the point...it's run by factions. Maybe most footy clubs are the same, but the perception at Carlton is very strong. But those rich benefactors, whilst contributing, never seem to let us be independent of them. We still seem to be in heavy debt. I'd rather grass roots tin rattling and be free of them. We can learn a lot from Richmond, even when they were failing they had a galvanised and engaged supporter base.

He's not going to pot the club it's not how it works in the professional field when you're looking for employment

So what are you basing this assumption that this was done poorly on?

We all know that you have agitated against almost everybody in charge for years now. Buggered if we want the TC divisiveness dragging down the tone here as well.

You either know what you know and can prove it or you ponder possibilities along with everyone else. I've never seen a supporter so keen on unseating people.

I have never been a fan of MLG personality wise but he isn't in a personality driven position. I judge people in the fullness of time when the evidence is irrefutable.

Carlton have had a period of relative stability. I do wonder why supporters want to drag our name through the mud publicly. In some cases it is the unrest that forces change rather than the reality.

Wouldn’t pot the club but you’d resign on the spot if you felt you were backstabbed/kept in the dark/lied to etc etc if you had any credibility or pride in yourself.

Actually no!
You'd say you came to a mutual decision
Which is what I think they're saying?

Correct?
I'm convinced about your thought process..

Actually no!
You'd say you came to a mutual decision
Which is what I think they're saying?

Correct?
I'm convinced about your thought process..

A mutual decision to part when a replacement is found aka not leaving now and will fulfill the role to the best of ability.

Both parties have come out and said the same thing.

Are you being argumentative for the sake of it because you’re making zero sense and highlighting your own agendas that are baseless and scurrilous innuendo

I just feel that MLG is now in his non-comfort zone of having to represent the club and if left to his devices may yet put a noose around his own neck.
I wouldn't be surprised should that noose already be in place and just needs to chair to be kicked from under him.

Andrew McKay: "Harker will be out for 1-2 weeks with bruised toes. We hope to get him back on the track in due time."

to me the fundamental underlying problem with Carlton is the perception that rich benefactors like the Pratts, Matthiesons control the club and will bail it out when needed. This leads to supporters being disengaged financially because, well, what's the point...it's run by factions. Maybe most footy clubs are the same, but the perception at Carlton is very strong. But those rich benefactors, whilst contributing, never seem to let us be independent of them. We still seem to be in heavy debt. I'd rather grass roots tin rattling and be free of them. We can learn a lot from Richmond, even when they were failing they had a galvanised and engaged supporter base.

This move seems to contradict this, MLOG has specially said the next appointment will be someone with a strong commercial back ground. The Pratts & Mathiesons have most likely decided that the club is in good hands, the footy department is on track so now its time for the club to stand on its own 2 feet and start generating income so it can remove its reliance on its benefactors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg contributed towards breaking AFL rules and hiding it.

Lethlean made bad personal choices.

had a consenting affair.. 50% of corporate Australia would be in trouble if this was the case. It was only that Gillon wanted to be seen as inclusive and appease Caro that it even became an issue. Hopefully the AFLs loss is our gain.

Should the Lethlean in Trigg out situation come to fruition I would be really disappointed for Trigg.

He’s been pretty good for us in the last couple of years (from what I can see.)

However having a CEO that lives in Adelaide seems a bit unusual.
Dont know the ins and outs but also disappointed fro Trigg. Got talking to him at a Bullants game last year and he was really honest and down to earth. Didn't know me and took 20 minutes to discuss various questions i had about the club. Gave me more confidence about where Carlton were heading having him be so open with a supporter.

had a consenting affair.. 50% of corporate Australia would be in trouble if this was the case. It was only that Gillon wanted to be seen as inclusive and appease Caro that it even became an issue. Hopefully the AFLs loss is our gain.

Exactly. Morally he made a bad choice/mistake. But he hasnt broken any laws or AFL rules.

Two consenting adults. From my understanding she was from a different department and didnt report to him.

It was an affair. He is not some sort of sexual monster that some are making it sound like.

Dont know the ins and outs but also disappointed fro Trigg. Got talking to him at a Bullants game last year and he was really honest and down to earth. Didn't know me and took 20 minutes to discuss various questions i had about the club. Gave me more confidence about where Carlton were heading having him be so open with a supporter.
Agree, considering what communication there was prior to Trigg it was a quantum leap. I replied with some questions post one of his mailout to members not expecting anything back but respond he did.

I have no idea about how he's reached other key KPI's but in this area he's A+. I'll be the first to email the Gooch if that sort of communication doesn't continue with the new CEO whoever that is.

I wish him well and thank him for his efforts over the last 4 years and hope he gets a meaningful sporting gig in his home town.

You wouldn't!
Trigg has a record of accumulating many millions of dollars of losses over the last six to seven years
He's staying on for a "mutually conciliatory decision" which saves face for both parties
This is a face saver! You don't agree? Or you truly believe they both decided it at the same time..

Agree, considering what communication there was prior to Trigg it was a quantum leap. I replied with some questions post one of his mailout to members not expecting anything back but respond he did.

I have no idea about how he's reached other key KPI's but in this area he's A+. I'll be the first to email the Gooch if that sort of communication doesn't continue with the new CEO whoever that is.

I wish him well and thank him for his efforts over the last 4 years and hope he gets a meaningful sporting gig in his home town.
His main plus was his public communicating presence..
It's going to be something we need going forward also

Exa

Exactly your spot, in most countries they would not blink an eyelid over infidelity in a relationship. So much consternation over a petty issue really.
I'm interested in the club doing due diligence through the process of appointment and if Lehtlean is selected and endorsed by our board of directors he has my support.

You wouldn't!
Trigg has a record of accumulating many millions of dollars of losses over the last six to seven years
He's staying on for a "mutually conciliatory decision" which saves face for both parties
This is a face saver! You don't agree? Or you truly believe they both decided it at the same time..
I'm confused with your thought process....so now you're effectively saying the board is doing their job and are right to go out and find another CEO?

What are you actually arguing about?

A president or a board member should be seen and not heard...coaches/CEOs/Players are what makes football supporters believe.

I’ve had my fair share of loud mouth presidents of the club, there’s two in the AFL currently and both their clubs are doing s**t with one of the reincarnating as the most despicable president we’ve ever had.

I’m a bit shattered to be honest about Trigg, best CEO we’ve had for 20 years but it’s not a FIFO job it’s all encompassing for 8 months of the year 7 days a week and at least 5 days a week in the off-season.

The article posted earlier suggests we were entitled to think he’d make his way over on a permanent basis to fulfill the role fully.

If the club sees an opportunity I fully expect a good board to explore it.

Maybe Trigg couldn't afford our realestate prices

Skimmed through a bit of this but haven't noticed anyone mention this. Read somewhere else that Trigg is taking the fall for someone higher up. No idea how credible the info is. The guy has claimed to work at the club, but not sure in what capacity, or if I even believe that. He does try pretty hard to sound like he's the know-all with some of the things he says.
Just thought I'd add that into the mix with people questioning MLoG's ability and tenure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back