Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such ploys aren't unexpected at all, but what I can find plausible, especially in Rockliff's case, is that SOS got an inkling that Rockliff was in fact doing such a thing and said this is what we are offering take it or leave it, we aren't getting into a bidding war. What I don't find in any way plausible is SOS and the football department sitting down and talking about " how can we get Essendon to pay more for Adam Saad ". The notion is just ridiculous. TBH, if this is what they are doing, Id want them all fired.

I can't imagine we've cooled completely on Saad. He's left things open by saying that he'll still consider other offers and options if it turns out Essendon can't get a trade done, which suggests to me that he knows Essendon will prioritise Stringer and Smith. They may have tabled a better offer than us, which for someone like Saad, who isn't exactly a star of the comp, is something he needs to give serious consideration to for his financial future.

I genuinely feel there will be a reduced offer left on the table by us in the event that Essendon can't deliver.

Saad's manager on Trade Radio... Doesn't sound like he's nominated Essendon fully but they've shown the most interest, it seems that he is fine to go anywhere in Melbourne as long as Gold Coast are compensated

RE: Saad

I'm not sure if i understand this statement though...

Loves the club, but is living by himself. Ramadan is hard. Can’t eat or drink from sunrise to sunset. Has to wait till the night before he can lift some weights.

What difference would not living alone make?

He still wouldn't be able to eat or drink from sunrise to sunset, but at least he wouldn't be able to do it with someone else, if in Victoria?
Cripes. How would these people function north of the Arctic Circle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those reasons could just be that he sees an opportunity in one of the weakest midfields in the comp.
I wouldn't have thought so. Would have been sought out for a reason/s, and will get more game time with us. Can probably see that the club is building and wants to be part of it. Doesn't come across as mercenary at all. Coming from an insanely strong midfield where opportunities, were to a degree, limited.

He still wouldn't be able to eat or drink from sunrise to sunset, but at least he wouldn't be able to do it with someone else, if in Victoria?

Not sure the two statements are as closely linked as that (ie. living alone isn't an issue only in relation to Ramadan).

He's a VIC boy with very close ties to his extended family down here.
He's moved to GC to play footy and is struggling with being away from his family.
On top of that, he hasn't formed any close friendships at the club and lives by himself.
His faith means that there are times where family/friend support is important to a young man.

Ergo - he's not disenchanted with the club per se, but the circumstances dictate that a move back to VIC is the best thing for him mentally and professionally.

McDaid, according to Twomey; though Okunbar is apparently a freak athlete.

He done much at the Draft Combine?

Only in the Yo-Yo test it seems.

Yo-Yo test:
Andrew Brayshaw (Vic Metro) 22.4 level
Dylan Moore (Vic Metro) 22.3
Matthew Ling (Vic Country) 21.8
Alex Martini (South Australia) 21.8
Aaron Naughton (Western Australia) 21.8
Jaidyn Stephenson (Vic Metro) 21.8
Callan England (Western Australia) 21.6
Nick Shipley (Allies) 21.6
Brent Daniels (Vic Country) 21.5