• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

harley bennell
charlie dixon
dion prestia
jaeger o'meara
josh caddy
zac smith

i believe those are the only players who have requested a trade away from the suns. players like mav weller were delisted and picked up in PSD/delisted free agency.

gws however have traded out probably nearly triple the amount that we have.
We do trade more. I think you'll find it mirrors the numbers of players delisted by both clubs.

Cripps
Docherty
Kreuzer
Murphy
Gibbs
Simpson
E.Curnow
C.Curnow
Marchbank
Plowman
L.Jones
Casboult
Pickett
Cunningham
Weitering
Williamson
Wright
H.McKay

Who would you trade for Grigg ??

Maybe Nick Graham at a stretch , much of a muchness !!
If Grigg can get a game in the best team in the league he would easily be a bottom four rabble like Carlton's best player

yep, can't argue that you guys have managed your list a lot better. gotten actual value out of your players as opposed to us.
Not actually sure why it happened. A lot if those trades like Stewart and Townsend were of very little value to us but were to the players obviously. Great to see them doing well.
I think you still carry talent and draft currency, that's got to be a positive for the new coach.

Not as per the OP, but Melbourne have had a lot of losing players for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett
Christensen
Caddy
Vardy
Podsiadly
Chapman
J. Hunt
Johnson

Last 4 we didn't really want but most fans would've preferred keeping Johnson & Chapman at the time.

Perhaps Menzel and Motlop could be added to the list in the next two weeks.
Regardless of what the fans wanted, the club didn't want Chapman, Johnson or Pods so is bizarre OP has included them on his list.

Saints have been pretty good at retaining players since 2010 with only Goddard leaving to FA (we decided not to match) and Jamie Cripps wanting out back to Perth, to my knowledge. Dal Santo, Lynch, McEvoy and Stanley were all traded out.

My heart still bleeds that we have lost players like Plugger Lockett, Spider Everett, Joel Smith and Matty Lappin over the years though.

What about poor Zac Dawson? Where is the love ?

Every year around trade time, we have a rush of fans from all teams ruing the fact that they've been hard done by in the club past with regards to losing players.

It seems every club has this claim of being the most unfairly affected when it comes to players leaving

In this thread, put up a list of the players your club has lost and we will take it to a poll to settle it once and for all.

Carlton:
Alex Jesaulenko (The captain and coach of the premiership team)

We win..
Settled already.

On paper, Brisbane have lost quite a few players, but it's really only Yeo, Docherty and Polec who you'd say are "the ones that got away".

Karnezis, Longer, Clark, Aish, etc turned out to be no great losses, and most others they either actively traded (Crisp) or virtually booted out the door (Rockliff).

They also managed to bring in Beams, Christensen, Robinson, Walker, Bastinac, etc....not all superstars but all Best 22 players when fit.

Their prime midfield from 2011 is nearly all gone - Leuenburger, Redden, Hanley, Adcock, Polkinghorne, Power and Rockliff. That is pretty significant.

7 of their top 8 possession getters from 2011.

Is it just for players who left against the clubs wishes? If not, add Vince, Lyons, Jon Griffin, Maric, Knights and Armstrong. Lever and Cameron soon to be on the list.

List of players is those who clubs wanted to keep but left because of a bigger offer, go home factor etc

If Grigg can get a game in the best team in the league he would easily be a bottom four rabble like Carlton's best player

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7365-1368639474-28.gif

You can make it out to be whatever that supports your inflated ego and short-sighted vision.

Best to keep your Bay 13 quality material where it truly belongs if you wish to share it.
I know you are angry because Carlton wasted 3 number one draft picks in a row and then traded away stars like Grigg but you are just gonna have to deal with it who knows maybe in a decade Carlton might actually make finals if they are lucky

Yeah like Mitchell, Lewis, and well now that other dude, Hodge and others are apparently dropped like hot potatoes
weren't going anyways.

Pilots don't just drive the boat, they orchestrate the musicians and make sure that everyone left will make their own new music.
Hmm sorry I just used two metaphors but they work beautifully. Don't they? :D

I know you are angry because Carlton wasted 3 number one draft picks in a row and then traded away stars like Grigg but you are just gonna have to deal with it who knows maybe in a decade Carlton might actually make finals if they are lucky

- It's funny how you behave as if you know exactly how I feel because supporters like you have apparently gained the power of reading minds.
- It's funny how you call Carlton a 'rabble' when they have a richer history and greater success.
- It's funny how you act as if you and your counterproductive opinions mean more than others because a footy team you support wins a premiership.
- It's funny how you make it out like you matter when in reality the tigers did all the heavy lifting and you contributed to bugger all (I guess I could wait for them to thank you specifically).

Continue your role as a fair-weather supporter and I wish you well for your other interests when Richmond drop off in the not-too-distant future.

Back