Certified Legendary Thread 2017 The Summer of George Trade Period Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys sorry for the intrusion, just wanted to ask if any of you had heard any more on Aaron Young? Word was he was heading our way but nothing else has come out since, Anyone have any info on it? Cheers

Nope. Nothing.

Watts is contracted to Melbourne for another two years. He had no reason whatsoever to think he was on the way out. Vastly different to Trengove who wasn't getting games and didn't have a contract.
I've mentioned here before about the guy I know who is best mates with Jack Trengove, well he tells me Watts was very much taken by surprise by the club's decision.

Contracted or not, he is not wanted there any longer. He pleaded his case with them and he still got a stone cold response. Now, if he decides to stay at Melbourne then fair enough but the Demons couldn't have been more blunt and cold with him which makes me think you'd have to have rocks in your head to still stay there. If you're going to use the Hartlett superlative from last year then don't because no one from Port went out to publicly vilify him on a number of occasions.

Justin Reid has clearly been taking elocution lessons from Rob Chapman.

Ha! I came here to post the exact same thing. I deadset thought it was Chapman at first.

I don't really see how this rumour of Lobbe to Brisbane has come about, They have one of the best in the business, Stefan Martin with Archie Smith as backup. Their recent problem has always been midfield players to take the ball away. And with us getting Rockliff their need just became greater.

Last edited:
What's Watts' personal situation in Melbourne? Does he have a partner/kids/business?

I don't know too much about him.

Jack Watts (Jack Watts) - a new recruit with a huge reputation lured to the club with big money in an attempt to haul the team up the ladder. Watts resents that the club sees him as a commodity to be bought and sold.

That's all I could find bomber.

I’d love it, but I doubt they’d be that silly.

True, but don't underestimate their need for a win right now. Getting Gibbs would be seen as a big win by them and the customers.

I don't really see how this rumour of Lobbe to Brisbane has come about, They have one of the best in the business, Stefan Martin with Archie Smith as backup. Their recent problem has always been midfield players to take the ball away. And with us getting Rockliff there need just became greater.

It came about because he reportedly toured there yesterday and if this is true they must have an interest. And he is reportedly touring Gold Coast today.

The Crows have tabled a big offer for Motlop. I doubt they can land Gibbs too - wouldn't have enough room in their salary cap plus they need space for Sloane and Laird next year. I reckon they'll only chase Gibbs if Motlop chooses Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows have tabled a big offer for Motlop. I doubt they can land Gibbs too - wouldn't have enough room in their salary cap plus they need space for Sloane and Laird next year. I reckon they'll only chase Gibbs if Motlop chooses Port.
Motlop will choose Port. Word is they have matched the dollars now.

The Shouter just tweeted that Port have matched Crows' offer for Motlop.
So, the question is, is the Trade Shouter actually Zakk Wylde? ;)

Heaps of money in their cap.

Everyone is on award rates with no loading for weekends at camryland.

That's why no one ever leavers because everyone is treated fairly.

It came about because he reportedly toured there yesterday and if this is true they must have an interest. And he is reportedly touring Gold Coast today.
Gold Coast could be looking for someone in case of injuries. When they took Jarrod Witts from Collingwood for picks 44 and 62 he proved a bargain and a big success. I'm finding it very difficult to work out where Lobbe may be able to go to be first ruck.

600k? Jeez I hope not
The 600k was made up by Rucci (and since admitted). Whatever the Crows did offer, Port have now matched apparently. Good luck to you. Very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back