Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atkins is bloke you get with our pick 39, cant say he makes the Gibbs deal any more palatable. Take the 10 and next years first. Throw 39 with Gibbs and give next years 2nd for Kennedy. Take 3 and 10 to draft. Grab Ranyer or Dow (LDU WONT BE THERE) and possibly Bonar with 10.

Not meaning this only at you, davis, just that yours was the most recent example. But barass etc. don't owe anyone anything - I find it a little frustrating how people seem (judging by their posts) to be expecting them to report back like we are entitled to info and they are expected to keep us constantly supplied with info.

I know that isn't the conscious attitude of most posters, but the posts read as a bit demanding and entitled. It's pretty rude, imo. Give them a break, they don't owe us squat.
Not to mention posting their info may be putting their jobs / relationships at risk.

No need to throw in 39. 3 for 7 & 8 is tempting

Once again, I ask the question...

Would you prefer pick 3 (87% chance of a 150 game player) or picks 7 (60%) chance and 8 (47% chance)?

These are the realities over 15 years of drafting. 7 and 8 may be appealing on paper, and it may be way in our favour in points, but the reality says to me I think I'd rather keep pick 3.

That changes if we are going to use pick 7 or 8 to trade for a known quantity, someone who has already shown that barring injury, he's going to be a very good player for a long time. But if it's purely about going to the draft, I'm sticking with pick 3 thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for

Car trade: Gibbs
Receive: schache + 16

Ade trade: Cameron + 16
Receive: Gibbs

Brits trade: Schache
Receive: Cameron

Then Carlton trades 16 for Kennedy + maybe get an upgrade of picks as well

Last edited:

Would you prefer pick 3 (87% chance of a 150 game player) or picks 7 (60%) chance and 8 (47% chance)?

These are the realities over 15 years of drafting. 7 and 8 may be appealing on paper, and it may be way in our favour in points, but the reality says to me I think I'd rather keep pick 3.

That changes if we are going to use pick 7 or 8 to trade for a known quantity, someone who has already shown that barring injury, he's going to be a very good player for a long time. But if it's purely about going to the draft, I'm sticking with pick 3 thanks.

So you're saying which ever way there is a chance?

It's purely up to SOS and what he believes is available at 7 & 8 vs Pick 3. Some years it's as good, some years not. My gut feel is Raynor Cerra or Dow is a better option than say Higgins/Coffield but it's a very fine line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is that we have this week spoken to Saints about trading 3 Pick. They approached us. They are very keen to move up draft for player - strongly believed to be Rayner. Source - U18 coach
Doesn't suprise me, I read somewhere earlier in the week they wanted to move up, GC was the club mentioned as they have plenty of 2nd rounders.

That changes if we are going to use pick 7 or 8 to trade for a known quantity, someone who has already shown that barring injury, he's going to be a very good player for a long time. But if it's purely about going to the draft, I'm sticking with pick 3 thanks.
[/QUOTE]
What's the probability with a low/mid 20's pick like our 2018 2nd?

So you're saying which ever way there is a chance?

It's purely up to SOS and what he believes is available at 7 & 8 vs Pick 3. Some years it's as good, some years not. My gut feel is Raynor Cerra or Dow is a better option than say Higgins/Coffield but it's a very fine line

Agree, that's a judgement Silvagni has to make. Just pointing out that once you get even past the top 5 picks, the percentages of getting a 150 game player fall away quickly (and pick 4 is a bit of a disaster too). It shows that while no guarantee, top 3 picks are generally worth their weight in gold.

Agree, that's a judgement Silvagni has to make. Just pointing out that once you get even past the top 5 picks, the percentages of getting a 150 game player fall away quickly (and pick 4 is a bit of a disaster too). It shows that while no guarantee, top 3 picks are generally worth their weight in gold.
I'm not a mathematician but we do have two bites of the cherry if we move to 7&8, which should be accounted for in determining whether we get 1 x 150+ game player?

The analysis changes again if we plan on trading either 7 or 8.... who knows!

[/QUOTE]
This draft I think 7 and 8. Good chance of drafting Brayshaw and Coffield or Constable, or perhaps a slider like Cerra. The melts in Adelaide if we took Fogarty.
Not sold on Rayner.

[/QUOTE]
With Rogers/Hughes head of recruiting yes keep 3 Silvagni at the helm 7+8 every time . All about how confident a club is in its recruiting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back