Free Agency Steven Motlop [signed with Port]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it that difficult to swallow that the Crows and their double agent Kane Cornes worked in tandem to ensure that Port overpaid for Motlop, thereby destabilising their list management options to keep their really good players like Wines or Gray for the longer term?
Yeah, and I'm the one with a tin foil hat o_O

the jump in cap though from 4 years ago would mean youd need a bit more than 600k to be like the frawley deal
yeah and motlop didnt get the frawley deal. motlop was band 2. frawley was band 1. the jump in cap will also likely have a lagged effect on compo because compo is based on salaries and not all salaries immediately jump when the cap does.

motlops wage is not public. the 500 is made up. crows reportedly offered 600 and reports suggest in the end port likely got close to that. 600 thousand was enough to get frawley band 1 compo 4 years ago. So band 2 compo today seems right. Band 3 compo would of been a joke given Vickery got it last year with a contract half the length.

Frawley was on 525 K per season. The AFL bent the rules then because Melbourne needed help. Now they are bending them again, presumably to help Gold Coast in an indirect way. It happens, we all get that. MRP rules have been "bent" in GF week plenty of times.

Many Geelong fans were delighted to get rid of Motlop. Now you get pick 19 and you should be happier than a dog with two tails. You don't need to pretend the decision is justified, just enjoy the fact that you got lucky this time.

Look at the compo pick...use your brain...and work out that you've just overpaid for a 2nd recruit.
Next to give Watts a big fat contract to complete the trifecta.
Ha ha keep drinking the tears. No need for the bitterness. You blokes went hard at him and lost. It’s okay though, the big Jerka Jenkins contract is well worth it. What was it, $37,000 a touch in the GF?

Why would Geelong supporters be the least bit salty?
You tell me. I keep seeing them crowing (no pun intended) about how Port are idiots and Cornes knows absolutely nothing despite nobody having a confirmed dollar figure on the contract at the moment (although the part about Cornes is probably true).

what rubbish. motlop is easily best five when fit. i suppose you think his inability to run, linebreak and kick the ball more than 40 metres for most of the season was just due to lack of effort? and then most of it just magically appeared after a rest late in the season. it was magic. Go look at the motlop that played at football park just before the break and compare it to the motlop that played in the prelim.
You mean in form right…

You tell me. I keep seeing them crowing (no pun intended) about how Port are idiots and Cornes knows absolutely nothing despite nobody having a confirmed dollar figure on the contract at the moment (although the part about Cornes is probably true).
That's the Adelaide fans. Most Geelong fans are absolutely rapt we somehow got Pick 19 rather than the proposed Pick 35

Mots being interviewed on trade radio very soon. Will hopefully put to bed some of the bullsh*t being sprouted here. ..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tongue in cheek about Corne's being a double agent my friend. He's just an idiot that drove up Motlop's price because of his big mouth. It will impact your list management and ability to retain your A grade players in years to come though.
Depends on what is going out the door. You would be surprised at what we will save with Monfries, Krakouer retiring, Impey and Trengove leaving, more than offsets Rockliff Motlop Watts plus 2 draft picks. If we offload half Lobbe salary as well, even more.

Mots interview summary:
- motivation to join was about premiership chances, being closer to family, indigenous program
- impressed with crows and suns but went with family connections
- going house hunting soon
- hinkley very passionate and good at selling the idea to him. Looking fwd to working with him
- excited at pafc premiership window and fresh start playing with Ryder, Gray, Wingard, earning respect, etc
- hard to leave Geelong, good relationships, will always have friends there
- the players respect Kenny, playing at a big club, same as his brother, etc

Overall a bit of a meh interview.

Last edited:
Mots interview summary:
- motivation to join was about premiership chances, being closer to family, indigenous program
- impressed with crows and suns but went with family connections
- going house hunting soon
- hinkley very passionate and good at selling the idea to him. Looking fwd to working with him
- excited at pafc premiership window and fresh start playing with Ryder, Gray, Wingard, earning respect, etc
- hard to leave Geelong, good relationships, will always have friends there
- the players respect Kenny, playing at a big club, same as his brother, etc

Overall a but if a meh interview.

So he reckons he is leaving for premiership success what does that say of Geelong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So he reckons he is leaving for premiership success what does that say if Geelong

Wouldn't worry about Geelong who offered him a 1 year deal mate, be more concerned he chose Port despite Crows putting a 4 year 600k+ deal on the table.

Wouldn't worry about Geelong who offered him a 1 year deal mate, be more concerned he chose Port despite Crows putting a 4 year 600k+ deal on the table.

He clearly said he was going for premiership success

So yeah he believes Port are closer than both Geelong and Adelaide

Could come back to bite him in the arse now couldn't it considering both of those teams are top 4 and Port struggle to beat teams on the eight

He clearly said he was going for premiership success

So yeah he believes Port are closer than both Geelong and Adelaide

Could come back to bite him in the arse now couldn't it considering both of those teams are top 4 and Port struggle to beat teams on the eight

It can't be any worse than some of the trash Jenkins was spouting all year long. He preferred Port over Adelaide, time to move on.

Yeah just listening to him reckons he chose Port to win a premiership what's going on aren't Geelong a chance at the flag

We aren't.

An overrated overweight full forward
A captain who actually looks a shadow of his former self
Our next best forward is lazy as hell and adds no defensive pressure whatsoever
Our leadership is shit according to Jake Stringer of all people

The only thing we have going for us is Danger and Duncan who we are wasting letting them wallow away at a disgracefully ran club internally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back