Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Rock reflects on his show in Perth back in June

The stand-up comic joined actors Kate Winslett and Idris Elba as guests on popular The Graham Norton Show in the UK last week and was asked by Winslett how much of his show is scripted and how much is improvised on the night.

“It depends on the night,” Rock explained.

“Some places, the audience gives you back so much that you just run with it and then some places it’s like, ‘OK, now we’re almost doing a play’.”

“And do you have audiences where sometimes you just go, “Oh s..., I’ve got to really pull something out,” Winslett asked.

“Yeah, I had a really weird one in Perth, in Australia, and I was like, ‘Ooh, OK, I gotta use all of my Spidey senses tonight’,” Rock replied.

https://thewest.com.au/entertainmen...his-really-weird-perth-audience-ng-b88631506z

I was at the show. The beginning and ending were hilarious, but a fair few portions of it clearly didn't resonate with the audience, but it was overall a pretty good show. Funny hearing about it from the comedian's perspective.

Tonight will be spent on the verandah at my local Bowling Club drinking $7 pints and playing chase the ace toasting the return of old man gaz to Geelong. Nice weather for it. Will probably end up drinking too much and ending up at the Basso watching the Kill Devil Hills.

Tonight will be spent on the verandah at my local Bowling Club drinking $7 pints and playing chase the ace toasting the return of old man gaz to Geelong. Nice weather for it. Will probably end up drinking too much and ending up at the Basso watching the Kill Devil Hills.

Bowling Clubs are a great place to get on the turps where the beer is still at 1970s prices, well not quite but still a lot cheaper than other pubs and bars.

Not really the place to go if you're looking to pick up though unless you're into elderly ladies wearing bowling outfits.

Visited Armadale City/Central this morning

Now at Mirrabooka Square.

I prefer Armadale.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back