Scandal A league endorsed rort

Remove this Banner Ad

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Carlton finished third from the bottom in the season that's just finished. I've no wish to kick a club when it's down, and indications are that this may be another tough season for the Blues, but how on Earth do they deserve four Friday night fixtures? Collingwood and the Bulldogs have similarly been awarded extra Friday games, my club finished ninth, missing out on finals by less than one goal, and we have a single Friday night game for the year. The scenario makes absolutely no sense to this rational observer.

Carlton finished third from the bottom in the season that's just finished. I've no wish to kick a club when it's down, and indications are that this may be another tough season for the Blues, but how on Earth do they deserve four Friday night fixtures? Collingwood and the Bulldogs have similarly been awarded extra Friday games, my club finished ninth, missing out on finals by less than one goal, and we have a single Friday night game for the year. The scenario makes absolutely no sense to this rational observer.
The Dogs had 8 Friday night games this year due to being the premiers - only one was a home game so great exposure but we didn't benefit financially at all.
Not sure where you are getting the 'extra' Friday night games when we've had them taken away and we've lost Good Friday when it was supposedly our turn to host it. I wonder who took our spot in that game...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees still have the Anzac eve and Queens birthday games.
Collingwood has the ANZAC Day and QB games, and received 8 night games despite finishing 13th.

Complete crap. "Perform and you get rewarded" clearly unless you are Melbourne, best season in ten ******* years and we are back to a 2013 fixture.

Geelong finishes top 4 and gets double up matches against 3 sides that missed the 8
Hawks didnt finish anywhere near the 8 and get double up matches against 3 sides that made the 8

Seems a touch unfair
Of the teams that played finals in 2017 Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon ALL got 3 double ups against non finals sides.

We’re hardly alone there.
Does any fan actually want or like this week off?
Just another instance where the fans views come last I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back