Scandal A league endorsed rort

Remove this Banner Ad

Sides that finished Top 6 should have 4 double up games against other sides in the top 6 and maybe 1 'marquee' game (Adelaide v Port Adelaide for example where Adelaide are in the Top 6 group and Port in the middle 6)

Same for sides in the middle 6 and the the bottom 6

Eagles rorted again. New stadium and mostly sunday afternoon fixtures and they give us a shitty Thursday night game. We have the best lighting stadium in the Southern Hemisphere and the AFL doesn't make use of it
At least getting to the Burswood complex on a thursday afternoon isnt as much of a cluster* as trying to get into Subiaco.

Melbourne literally has one Victorian night game after finishing 9th. 3 total. What the ****.

Melbourne had a whole stack of Friday night games a couple of years ago.

They were such horrendously shite games, viewers were begging for Better Homes and Gardens to be shown on TV instead.

Absolute bullshit. I see Geelong only one team which finished above them! Bloody AFL manufacturing a Geelong top finish again!

Nothing new, Remember that horrific year when Carlton got 6 Friday night games, The opening game, 5 saturday night games and only in one of those games they got within 30 points.

Nothing new. At least Carlton have been sort of competitive this year.

They were such horrendously shite games, viewers were begging for Better Homes and Gardens to be shown on TV instead.
Melbourne haven't had multiple Friday nights since the mid-2000s, get your fake news out of here.

We've lost Good Friday when it was supposedly our turn to host it. I wonder who took our spot in that game...?

I was given some good mail by someone involved in the NMFC marketing team that the Bulldogs fate on keeping the Good Friday fixture was decided last year when they refused to make players and staff available to the RCH/Good Friday Appeal lead up events.

Apparently the message coming out of the Dogs was "It's not our home game, we will do it next year", obviously this wasn't taken too well and the AFL was made aware of it before the Good Friday game.

Yeah our games were complete s**t i'll give you that but lol noooooo we did not have a stack of Friday night games

Only Melbourne gets the QB game ... the Pies are just the visitors every single year. Also, Melbourne's elderly fan base much prefer day games.
Uh, this is a weird guess and generalisation but sure mate. Carlton fans prefer night games because they are mostly vampires

Eagles rorted again. New stadium and mostly sunday afternoon fixtures and they give us a shitty Thursday night game. We have the best lighting stadium in the Southern Hemisphere and the AFL doesn't make use of it

Apparently its about the dumb bridge

We do get 5 'drawcard' games (4x Friday, 1x Thursday) but only 1 as the home team. I was pretty sure our 'away' Friday nights were well-down on ratings a few years back but maybe we've made a comeback for those, or have crowd-pulling capacity for other clubs even if our home crowds aren't massive?

Collingwood have 3 Friday nights and only 1 of those is a home game (+ AD + QB = 5 'drawcard' games).

If someone had the stats for ratings and crowds when Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon are the away team on drawcard games I'd like to see them. Most probable explanation.

Absolute bullshit. I see Geelong only one team which finished above them! Bloody AFL manufacturing a Geelong top finish again!

Nothing new, Remember that horrific year when Carlton got 6 Friday night games, The opening game, 5 saturday night games and only in one of those games they got within 30 points.

Nothing new. At least Carlton have been sort of competitive this year.
dude you play your away game against geelong at your home ground. its a rort to help hawthorn. And only 2 teams finished above us and we play one of them twice and the other team is adelade which we play in adelaide with no return in geelong where we always beat them.

I was given some good mail by someone involved in the NMFC marketing team that the Bulldogs fate on keeping the Good Friday fixture was decided last year when they refused to make players and staff available to the RCH/Good Friday Appeal lead up events.

Apparently the message coming out of the Dogs was "It's not our home game, we will do it next year", obviously this wasn't taken too well and the AFL was made aware of it before the Good Friday game.

Ive bagged north for its piss weak marketing of event games over the years, but this is beyond stupid by the dogs if true.

I assumed it would be a no brainer that gf teams would both provide as many players/coaches for lead up activites as possible, and even have non playing players man the phones on the friday.

Of the teams that played finals in 2017 Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon ALL got 3 double ups against non finals sides.

We’re hardly alone there.

Does any fan actually want or like this week off?
Just another instance where the fans views come last I think.
Aren't the Adelaide double ups Carlton, Port, Melbourne, GWS and Richmond? Only 2 non finals sides (and 1 was out on % only).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh, this is a weird guess and generalisation but sure mate. Carlton fans prefer night games because they are mostly vampires
There would be some consideration by clubs on the preferences of their fans. The Eagles have said many times that our members prefer Sunday arvo games. With an average age of like 65 I guess that makes sense.

Scheduling a True Perth night game would mean starting in the Eastern states at 10pm. With 5 games on a Saturday, no reason why they can't, but the AFL obviously don't think their is enough money in it.

Carlton finished third from the bottom in the season that's just finished. I've no wish to kick a club when it's down, and indications are that this may be another tough season for the Blues, but how on Earth do they deserve four Friday night fixtures? Collingwood and the Bulldogs have similarly been awarded extra Friday games, my club finished ninth, missing out on finals by less than one goal, and we have a single Friday night game for the year. The scenario makes absolutely no sense to this rational observer.
simple, they have more supporters and the coverage of their matches sells more advertising

answer, get more doggies supporters.

Collingwood has the ANZAC Day and QB games, and received 8 night games despite finishing 13th.

Complete crap. "Perform and you get rewarded" clearly unless you are Melbourne, best season in ten ******* years and we are back to a 2013 fixture.
Collingwood has 3 Friday night games...only one a 'home' game, our traditional 'home' game against the Dogs at Etihad!

We play eight night games, Melbourne are scheduled for six night games.

Since when was a night game a better slot than a day game? What is wrong with afternoon footy at the G?

And LOL at Melbourne fans wanting to be Rewarded for finishing 9th......yeah, great achievement that.

A league endorsed rort. No one has had a look at the Tassie games this year.

Let's go through the list of the most unpopular teams down here for next season.

GCS (Playing in Launny)
GWS (Hobart again. 3rd or 4th time)

Ripping start

Brisbane (Launny again 9TH TIME SINCE 2008!!!!!!!)
Freo.....NO!!!!!!!!! Wow. I am shocked
Port (Launny)
WCE(Hobart. 3rd time as well)
Crows No, but they made the grand final so.....

The ONLY Victorian teams down here are the Saints(who seem to travel here every year) and Carlton(who are terrible but they are at least new). so of the 7 games we could have got, we got 5 out of the worst 6 teams. And we have NEVER had Collingwood or Essendon play down here (H&A) in 20 years.

How much do we pay for the privilege of watching the Lions every year? Its time we stop that and give the AFL the finger until they respect us. It's a damn joke.

Collingwood has the ANZAC Day and QB games, and received 8 night games despite finishing 13th.

Complete crap. "Perform and you get rewarded" clearly unless you are Melbourne, best season in ten ******* years and we are back to a 2013 fixture.
Anyone would think you've been relegated in importance to that of a non Victorian team.

A league endorsed rort. No one has had a look at the Tassie games this year.

Let's go through the list of the most unpopular teams down here for next season.

GCS (Playing in Launny)
GWS (Hobart again. 3rd or 4th time)

Ripping start

Brisbane (Launny again 9TH TIME SINCE 2008!!!!!!!)
Freo.....NO!!!!!!!!! Wow. I am shocked
Port (Launny)
WCE(Hobart. 3rd time as well)
Crows No, but they made the grand final so.....

The ONLY Victorian teams down here are the Saints(who seem to travel here every year) and Carlton(who are terrible but they are at least new). so of the 7 games we could have got, we got 5 out of the worst 6 teams. And we have NEVER had Collingwood or Essendon play down here (H&A) in 20 years.

How much do we pay for the privilege of watching the Lions every year? Its time we stop that and give the AFL the finger until they respect us. It's a damn joke.
No different to Geelong and we're an hour down the highway, which funnily enough isn't that far away when it's about geelong playing up in Melbourne. If geelong cant get anyone bigger than Carlton neither will tassie

Of the teams that played finals in 2017 Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon ALL got 3 double ups against non finals sides.

We’re hardly alone there.

Does any fan actually want or like this week off?
Just another instance where the fans views come last I think.
Yeah i am pretty sure the top 6 double up against 2 of the top six each then 2 from middle and 1 from bottom. To be fair the top 2 teams should double up against 7th and 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back