Jenkins v Dixon...who really cares? Some people clearly do

Remove this Banner Ad

Just stop already. It was obvious from your first ever post you’re a Port troll. Go away Janus.
Take a step back and meditate. Out coach h encourages it . Has a program for the players.

Think about the energy you just wasted attacking someone who is not simple minded like you. Not only is it against forum rules but it builds kharma for your children

If you think the singular measure of a forward is the number of goals they kick, then you are that guy.
Of course not, but to place less value on a goal because it’s kicked by a certain player or in a certain manner or under a certain system is what I’m against. Worse, is to deny the value of any player, not just Jenkins, who can average 50 goals per year, and to incessantly ridicule that player.

Not to recognize that value is the dumbest of dumb belligerent stances, no matter how much humble pie you have to eat.

Just because I don’t elaborate in every post, doesn’t mean I think the singular measure of a forward is the number of goals they kick, but I sure as hell appreciate those goals whether they’re shat out of someone’s arse, joe the goosed, or whatever. I don’t give a flying rat’s arse if they weren’t the result of a big he-man contested mark or if they were a handball receive. How many useless footballers kick 50 goals a season in the AFL? And how many teams wouldn’t want a useless 50 goals per season forward?

Jenkins only has to be the second/third key forward. He does that better than anyone else in the AFL. The results don’t lie even though ridicule and rhetoric try hard to deny those results.

I’ve asked the question a few times what neutral supporters would think, Dixon or Jenkins.

Well I’ve started a poll on the polls board, not surprisingly unless you are a diehard Crows supporter who can’t see the value in opposition players, or you make up imaginary roles, Dixon is ahead 18 to 1.

I’ve asked the question a few times what neutral supporters would think, Dixon or Jenkins.

Well I’ve started a poll on the polls board, not surprisingly unless you are a diehard Crows supporter who can’t see the value in opposition players, or you make up imaginary roles, Dixon is ahead 18 to 1.
Jenkins’ role is imaginary? Yeah ok. I’m gonna start a poll. ‘What would neutral supporters think - Fyfe or Greenwood.’ Same premise, and would get the same result.

Of course not, but to place less value on a goal because it’s kicked by a certain player or in a certain manner or under a certain system is what I’m against. Worse, is to deny the value of any player, not just Jenkins, who can average 50 goals per year, and to incessantly ridicule that player.

Not to recognize that value is the dumbest of dumb belligerent stances, no matter how much humble pie you have to eat.

Just because I don’t elaborate in every post, doesn’t mean I think the singular measure of a forward is the number of goals they kick, but I sure as hell appreciate those goals whether they’re shat out of someone’s arse, joe the goosed, or whatever. I don’t give a flying rat’s arse if they weren’t the result of a big he-man contested mark or if they were a handball receive. How many useless footballers kick 50 goals a season in the AFL? And how many teams wouldn’t want a useless 50 goals per season forward?

Jenkins only has to be the second/third key forward. He does that better than anyone else in the AFL. The results don’t lie even though ridicule and rhetoric try hard to deny those results.
What you fail to get is, we don’t need our KPF to get his goals that way, those running goals can be achieved by our flankers and crumbers. A key position forward should be because of his size someone we can rely on to take a contested mark, to smash packs creating spillages for the smalls and to apply physical pressure, all traits Dixon has and why he would be better in our forward line.

The only reason supporters state but that’s not his role is because he’s incapable of it. If he was and performing that way, this wouldn’t even be a discussion because you would all recognise what his role is.

Jenkins’ role is imaginary? Yeah ok. I’m gonna start a poll. ‘What would neutral supporters think - Fyfe or Greenwood.’ Same premise, and would get the same result.
Now you are getting desperate. That’s a stupid comparison.

Jenkins’ role is imaginary?

His goals are cheap and meaningless

We saw again at the B&F how little his goals count for in the eyes of the coaching panel

14th last year
13th this year

Joe Daniher won his best n fairest this year with 63 goals

Ben Brown was 3rd and nearly won his B&F with 62

Charlie Dixon was 2nd and nearly won his with 49

Jeremy Cameron was 2nd (votes per game) and he kicked 45

Heck Tex finished 4th this year on votes per game from 54 - so don’t tell me our coaches don’t rate goals, they just don’t rate JJ’s

Last year JJ finished 14th with his 62

That’s how little his junk time cheapies are worth, and if you can’t see it then that’s on you. Just you.

The coaches see it

We saw again at the B&F how little his goals count for in the eyes of the coaching panel

14th last year
13th this year

Heck Tex finished 4th this year on votes per game from 54 - so don’t tell me our coaches don’t rate goals, they just don’t rate JJ’s

That’s how little his junk time cheapies are worth, and if you can’t see it then that’s on you. Just you.

The coaches see it
Not just him, others share his view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coaches see it
Of course they rate his goals. He'd be playing "Left Right Out" if he wasn't kicking them.

With the way they do the B&F scoring, that means he's managing to kick 62 goals while not necessarily "winning his position" as much as the guys ranked ahead of him. That's the issue - intensity and controlling his area of the field with aggression.

He also missed what, 6 games? So it's an apples and oranges comparison.

14th last year
13th this year

The coaches see it
footy4ever not going to try and respond to this one?

14th last year
13th this year

The coaches see it

Now see, I don’t think anyone including myself thinks that JJ is some kind of wonder player contracted to win us a flag on his own. But that he isn’t that, really doesn’t warrant yours or EC’s incessant ridicule, especially with his undeniable scoreboard return.

Do you want his 50 goals a year or don’t you? Or do you think we could get another 50 goal forward for the same money, who does all the things you ridicule Jenkins for not doing?

Of course they rate his goals. He'd be playing "Left Right Out" if he wasn't kicking them.

With the way they do the B&F scoring, that means he's managing to kick 62 goals while not necessarily "winning his position" as much as the guys ranked ahead of him. That's the issue - intensity and controlling his area of the field with aggression.

He also missed what, 6 games? So it's an apples and oranges comparison.
He finished 13th this year on average votes per game.

Now see, I don’t think anyone including myself thinks that JJ is some kind of wonder player contracted to win us a flag on his own. But that he isn’t that, really doesn’t warrant yours or EC’s incessant ridicule, especially with his undeniable scoreboard return.

Do you want his 50 goals a year or don’t you? Or do you think we could get another 50 goal forward for the same money, who does all the things you ridicule Jenkins for not doing?
You haven’t addressed why the coaches don’t value his 50 goals as high as one would expect. Perhaps not all goals are the same ;)

footy4ever not going to try and respond to this one?
Gimme a break EC, there’s life to contend with. Sheesh I just had to turn off the sprinklers and chase the garbage truck halfway down the street, and now I have places to go and people see. I’m sure you and Sanders can have enough fun without me.

Gimme a break EC, there’s life to contend with. Sheesh I just had to turn off the sprinklers and chase the garbage truck halfway down the street, and now I have places to go and people see. I’m sure you and Sanders can have enough fun without me.
Yeah that’s why you cherry picked which posts you would respond to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back