2018 Fantasy/Supercoach/Dreamteam - Opposition supporters post your questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Its that time of year again (congrats we lasted 15 days later than last year!, which was 10 days later than the year before!). Opposition supporters (and lions fans) post all your questions here.

Mojohand

Debutant
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Lions

I have Cutler in a keeper league and have high hopes for continued improvement in his scoring. I am a bit worried however that he may not be in your best 22 after the addition of Hodge and with Witherden coming on so quickly last year.

Would love some opinions on Cutlers prospects this year. Is there a spot in the best 22 for him?

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Hi Lions
I have Cutler in a keeper league and have high hopes for continued improvement in his scoring. I am a bit worried however that he may not be in your best 22 after the addition of Hodge and with Witherden coming on so quickly last year.
Would love some opinions on Cutlers prospects this year. Is there a spot in the best 22 for him?
Certainly not best 22 based on last years form. Hodge/Witherden keep him out of HBF, also Robinson/Bundy back, Cameron's arrival and Berry/McLuggage improving keep him out of a wing spot.
IMO

Hi Lions

Had a bit of an off year last year. I wouldn't have him in the best 22 right at the moment, though he's certainly got the potential to work his way back into it.

Mojohand

Debutant
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the replies.

You certainly have some nice additions this year which is only going to make competition for spots all the stronger.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is Mathison gonna be in your centre square set up? Seems to be him or Berry going off your best 22 thread.

I think he’s value as a forward if he is gonna be one of your main three dudes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would avoid. Very much in that 18-25th player range

Seems to have really taken a step forward this off-season though. Personally I'm going to be targeting him, but in draft competitions rather than salary cap.

Decimation

Team Captain
May 27, 2015
Bunbury W.A.
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I have Barrett in a keeper league, does it look like he will move to the mids at all?

Also, who is most likely to move in to Rocky's spot?

I have Barrett in a keeper league, does it look like he will move to the mids at all?

Also, who is most likely to move in to Rocky's spot?
Barrett is more likely to move into the seconds IMO - we're getting guys like Robinson and Christensen back, plus recruited Cameron and Rayner.

I don't think there's a like for like replacement for Rocky.

Jason H

Debutant
Jul 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, how many games do you guys think Archie Smith will get this year? I'm considering picking Stef Martin, but his fantasy scores decrease dramatically when Smith plays. Thoughts?

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Hey guys, how many games do you guys think Archie Smith will get this year? I'm considering picking Stef Martin, but his fantasy scores decrease dramatically when Smith plays. Thoughts?
Not sure Archie will play many, for 2 reasons : 1) Walker cemented his place in the team towards the end of last season as CHF/fill in in the ruck 2) Oscar McInerny(sp?) could well go past Archie for the #2 ruck spot.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Wondering whether Matt Eagles is a likely round 1 starter?

I read through some of your best 22 thread and he is in the team of some but not the majority. Given his propensity as a marking defender he could be a useful scorer so considering for my bench spot in SC & fantasy.

Wondering whether Matt Eagles is a likely round 1 starter?

I read through some of your best 22 thread and he is in the team of some but not the majority. Given his propensity as a marking defender he could be a useful scorer so considering for my bench spot in SC & fantasy.

I can only imagine it's a very small minority. He's coming along well but won't make the seniors yet (not unless luthor has doomed us all, anyway). He's not usually a big scorer either - he scored quite nicely in the GF but his average over the season was in the 50s or so. If you're looking for a cheap Lions defender, Hinge is a better scorer and more likely to get a game, but unlikely for round 1 either. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ballanden and/or Payne getting a run at some point this year as well, but don't expect prolific scoring from either of them.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
I can only imagine it's a very small minority. He's coming along well but won't make the seniors yet (not unless luthor has doomed us all, anyway). He's not usually a big scorer either - he scored quite nicely in the GF but his average over the season was in the 50s or so. If you're looking for a cheap Lions defender, Hinge is a better scorer and more likely to get a game, but unlikely for round 1 either. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ballanden and/or Payne getting a run at some point this year as well, but don't expect prolific scoring from either of them.
Thank you! That settles that option then.

How has Starcevich’s preseason gone? I see he will play some AFLX - but is he someone that may get a sneaky early game?

(Interested for two reasons- I was also a massive fan of his last year. I was devastated when you picked him! I think he has a lot of Elliot Yeo about him.)

Thank you! That settles that option then.

How has Starcevich’s preseason gone? I see he will play some AFLX - but is he someone that may get a sneaky early game?

(Interested for two reasons- I was also a massive fan of his last year. I was devastated when you picked him! I think he has a lot of Elliot Yeo about him.)
Unless he is a late call up, he hasn't been named in the 14 man squad for AFLX.
From all reports he has been going well throughout the pre-season though.
Stopped into training very briefly the other night and noticed he was running laps on his own away from the main group. They run individualized programs these days so there may be nothing in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back