2018 Fantasy/Supercoach/Dreamteam - Opposition supporters post your questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested in Sam Mayes. 60 to 70 to 80 in his last 3 seasons. Good size and skillset. But is he going to be freed up enough to be a SC relevant player? Think there's a chance he will be one of those guys who is very good as a player but not a SC player - thoughts?? Midfield time??

Tommy Bell? Is he going to be getting a lot of mid time/ what's his ceiling average?
Asking for Draft format, not the regular stuff. Cheers!

Just wondering how Berry has been tracking over the preseason and whether folks see him taking a big step forward this year and with more midfield minutes?

How has Marco Paparone gone in pre-season.
Is he likely to be best 22. Looking at him as a top-up in a keeper league.
Cheers.

No preseason. Still recovering from back surgery.

Hi fellas,

What's the situation with Archie Smith / Stef Martin? I don't see Smith in any of your best 22s. If he's injured I apologise, I've been away from footy for a while.

If Smith doesn't play, will you be playing the dreaded 2nd ruck this season?

In his first couple games Archie was really strong contributor in contested possessions & clearances, noted weaknesses for us. Those will be areas of focus for us year. Didn't quite manage to recreate the magic last year though. At ruckwork his timing is not perfect but definitely improving. The other thing is Oscar McInerney is closing rapidly on the ruck aspect of things and a much better forward (albeit without really showing the clearance stuff). I think our preference right now is going to be for a solo ruck - but either of them could make a genuine case.

If Stef is out for whatever reason, Archie is right now the logical replacement, though it's possible that Oscar could overtake him for that as the year goes on.

Jacob Allison? Is he likely to play often, be in the mix or struggle for games this season?

I don't think he's a lock quite yet, but would expect to have a good run at it this year. Last year's games will hurt his fantasy value though.

Lewis Taylor as a POD in SC... what do you think peeps?

Interesting. Last year he did certainly take a step up, and I can see him continuing that trajectory, especially in SC. Don't quite expect him in top 10 forwards though, and that sort of puts him in an awkward position. He could get there, and I'd love for that to happen! Would be a gamble.

Fill your boots in draft formats though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his first couple games Archie was really strong contributor in contested possessions & clearances, noted weaknesses for us. Those will be areas of focus for us year. Didn't quite manage to recreate the magic last year though. At ruckwork his timing is not perfect but definitely improving. The other thing is Oscar McInerney is closing rapidly on the ruck aspect of things and a much better forward (albeit without really showing the clearance stuff). I think our preference right now is going to be for a solo ruck - but either of them could make a genuine case.

If Stef is out for whatever reason, Archie is right now the logical replacement, though it's possible that Oscar could overtake him for that as the year goes on.

I don't think he's a lock quite yet, but would expect to have a good run at it this year. Last year's games will hurt his fantasy value though.

Interesting. Last year he did certainly take a step up, and I can see him continuing that trajectory, especially in SC. Don't quite expect him in top 10 forwards though, and that sort of puts him in an awkward position. He could get there, and I'd love for that to happen! Would be a gamble.

Fill your boots in draft formats though.
Thanks mate, really tempted by Taylor just not sure I have the balls! Lol

does anyone think beams will struggle at the start of the year since he hasnt had much of a hitout before the season has started

Any updates on Mathieson at all?
Is he injured atm? Haven’t seen him at all in the JLT, and was a bit of a smoky for my draft leagues.

Is he playing round 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back