Ranking the "big six" strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

The invincibles didn't have a traditional CF and they did just fine in 03/04.

Chelsea won the title with 9 goals only from Drogba in 04/05.

Jamie Vardy is not an elite forward - Leicester won the title.

As long as a team scores plenty of
goals they generally win the league ( I believe more often than not the highest scoring team has won the league in the modern era) and don't concede too many it is irrelevant who scores them.
Thierry Henry was a once in a generation type forward though...

Vardy played like an elite forward in the season they won the league.

Chelsea's defence was ridiculous in 04/05 though. Bit of an outlier.

You guys concede shitloads so you need to fix that to really challenge for the title. Think Pool can take 3rd-4th every season with their attacking firepower but without a high class DM and GK you'll struggle to challenge. When you were at your most dangerous you had Mascherano and peak Reina. Never really replaced them.

Haha says you. You've cheekily listed him as the best striker in the league when you've been adamant for weeks that he's going to play on the right!
I was just winding up Burnt Chook DH:straining::straining::straining:

The invincibles didn't have a traditional CF and they did just fine in 03/04.

Chelsea won the title with 9 goals only from Drogba in 04/05.

Jamie Vardy is not an elite forward - Leicester won the title.

As long as a team scores plenty of
goals they generally win the league ( I believe more often than not the highest scoring team has won the league in the modern era) and don't concede too many it is irrelevant who scores them.
What was Henry? He was definitely more a forward than a striker.

What was Henry? He was definitely more a forward than a striker.

Bit of everything really. Started his career as a winger and stalled at Juve. His best work was as a forward who drifted out wide. Also racked up assists galore if he wasn't scoring. Not your traditional CF. Didn't score many on his head either despite being 188cm tall.

Bit of everything really. Started his career as a winger and stalled at Juve. His best work was as a forward who drifted out wide. Also racked up assists galore if he wasn't scoring. Not your traditional CF. Didn't score many on his head either despite being 188cm tall.

Never forget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not traditional, but you'd still call him a centre forward.

Scored 9 + assists, not quite the flop, like say, Balotelli.
lol he's so terrible that you have to put a positive spin on him by comparing him to Baloltelli to make him look good instead of the 5 strikers we were comparing him with in the first place.

For the amount of s**t Morata (12 goals), Firmino and Lukaku (19 each) get on here, Lacazette gets under the radar too much for mine.

I'm sure charcoalchicken would agree that he's a C or D grade striker since he has less than half the goals that B grade Firmino (A CAM filling in at CF) has.

lol he's so terrible that you have to put a positive spin on him by comparing him to Baloltelli to make him look good instead of the 5 strikers we were comparing him with in the first place.

For the amount of s**t Morata (12 goals), Firmino and Lukaku (19 each) get on here, Lacazette gets under the radar too much for mine.

I'm sure charcoalchicken would agree that he's a C or D grade striker since he has less than half the goals that B grade Firmino (A CAM filling in at CF) has.
You're calling him a flop, I was pointing out a true flop. 9 goals + assists is a reasonable return. ( although Balotelli did score his one and only Prem goal v the yids in 1-0 win)

You're calling him a flop, I was pointing out a true flop. 9 goals + assists is a reasonable return.
9 goals for a 50mil striker that's probably lost his spot in 6 months isn't good enough.

If he was starting with Auba as a pair or Auba was on the wing with him still up top and was heading towards 20 goals I probably wouldn't have said anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back