Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I pointed it out, I'm not 100% sure of how that works. It possible that all of Griff's salary had to be counted in the cap, even if he didn't take a payout. That would be a pretty harsh blow though, he clearly retired for another opportunity and it wasn't a way for us to avoid paying the TPP. Its possible if he walked away from all his remaining salary that it didn't have to be counted.

Under normal circumstances Griffiths' salary could be excluded from the cap due to his retirement and us not paying him. The issue is this sort of thing happens prior to lists being lodged, Griff was on our books for a portion of the last year of his contract, so it's possible the cap space won't be made available.

But then surely that opens up real rorting of the system.
A club could offer a player a long term deal (Buddy), and then other teams cant bid because of salary cap pressure, but the player and club after a few years both walk away. Doesnt seem right. Whats going with Tippett and the swans cap I wonder.

Restricted FA salaries are counted in the cap regardless of whether they retire (confirmed by the AFL after the Buddy deal), I believe the only room a club has on that count would be whether they suffer the cap hit year by year or dump it all in one go (impossible in the Buddy situation).

OK. But I'm not talking about what he got, but what the Swans have to keep on the books for the cap and for how many years.

Google told me now The Dawks have to put all of Vickerys $500,000 on their 2018 TTP.

Vickery was a restricted FA, his money has to be included in the cap so as to avoid aforementioned rorting.

Yeah, may not be a popular opinion, but I think that the Dees have a very strong list, and a midfield that should be able to give tall forwards good service.
Having Hogan and Lynch as key targets would release McDonald for back duties.
They would be a real option if Lynch was looking for a flag shot IMO.

From memory McDonald went forward because he was strughling down back.

It'll be interesting to see how Lynch goes this year. He has really big shoes to fill in JR. I really can see how we'd get him via FA. Unless GC play well and are going places.

On other clubs. Assuming Lynch wants a GF, and so shot at premiership.

Collingwood. He'd be a huge addition to their structure. They'd probably make finals. But their team is still so unbalanced that I'd doubt they would be contenders, without a major change off field. therefore, unlikely to go there.

Hawks. It's all on reputation of being Hawthorn and thus contenders. They bought in some genuine talent last year. If fit can help a lot. But so much of the class on their list of around 30, or over. They are more on the way down than up. The glamour of Clarkson and his history may well be enough. But it's more hope than solid performance and likely future. Can the Hawks do a great sell job.

Geelong. Can they afford him? If GAJ stays fit they w=are in for a couple of years contending. Lynch would help a lot. But I don't see another KPF as their key need. If GFC can pay up $ then they are a red hot show for lynch. Short term window, but who cares.

Other Vic clubs, not in the conversation I'd guess.

If other clubs really want Lynch and can afford him then it's a genuine competition. Geelong can offer him a real shot - unless GAJ just dies this season. The Hawks have a persuasive case, if you listen thinking of their history rather than current performance. We may be able to offer a gold plated shot at the title + reasonable $.

Before I thought through this I thought that we were the front runner. But actually it's a fairly limited, but open, field here. All bets off if GC win 8+ games.

Norf. LOL.

From memory McDonald went forward because he was strughling down back.

My recollection is that Tom McDonald went forward because Hogan was missing and their forward line was lacking structure.
I recall Oscar McDonald struggling at times in their back line, but not his older brother Tom.
But hey, memory is a tricky thing I guess.

He will sign 8 year contract with us being paid a mere 250k a season until Jack retires then his contract will be back ended.

The-Sickening-Its-Happening.gif

If we have another really good year and are a serious threat to the flag, Lynch would be an even money bet to come to Richmond if he decides to leave GC

I see Pies as the only genuine threat along with Richmond

Will come down to this year’s performance I suspect. He’d want to feel there’s a group challenging for a few years yet

If we have another really good year and are a serious threat to the flag, Lynch would be an even money bet to come to Richmond if he decides to leave GC

As I said before not sure that the Pies are threat, unless they have a great 2018. they won't be able to match $, and if they miss finals again why go there?

As I said before not sure that the Pies are threat, unless they have a great 2018. they won't be able to match $, and if they miss finals again why go there?
Because they have a better list than us (according to Treloar).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honestly think it comes down to how rfc go this year ,,, seriously dude , we’re the *en premiers , played finals 4/5 years , we re the goods . It will come down to can he handle another stint in Disneyland or is he serious about realising his footy ambition , playing at G ea week in front of bumper crowds and finals

actually heard from a (semi) reliable person (7.5/10 reliable) that we are balls deep in the race to get him

hes waiting to see if the suns show any signs as hes a very loyal bloke, but if it turns to s**t again and he decides to leave we are well infront of the race from the vic sides

Pies have the coin. Yes, they are paying Mayne and Wells too much, but they have the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back