Socceroos Arnold to manage Australia post World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s all well and good but what I don’t understand is, why are well blowing all this money on bringing in a foreign coach just for the World Cup. He wasn’t involved in the qualifying and probably doesn’t have enough time to change the way we play nor would he have the motivation to do so, given he is not staying. We are not contenders and even if we get out of our World Cup group, I don’t think that it changes anything regarding the state of football in our country. So the appointment of van marwijk seems utterly pointless to me.

Just give Arnold the job straight away.

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fd6e2c9de8b1f3c1f6a8a0211a7302d5f%2F204958795%2FWSW%2BBanner.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly uninspiring appointment even if it was expected. I don't have anything against him personally but just doesn't inspire any real confidence he can take the team and build it into something better. Already had a crack at the job (and granted he's got more experience this time around) but I can't see a radical improvement given he'll be working with a weaker squad than the one he inherited from Hiddink (not to mention Hiddink's teachings and systems would still have been fairly fresh in the minds of those players). Hasn't exactly inspired in the ACL either so I'm not holding my breath when we take on some of our regional rivals let alone nations in other confederations.

Don't know what to think about this. If we wanted an Aussie coach which is what the FFA want, then Arnold is the standout by the length of the Flemington straight. On the other hand he's been there before and failed miserably and in my opinion his game style and tactics isn't that enjoyable to watch despite his Achievements in the A-League. Probably deserves another chance but meh.. whatever as long as the Socceroos are wining and making World Cups I'm happy.

What I'm really looking forward to through is what criticism he'll get from his Fox Sports mates if any. When it all goes wrong (and it will) will Robbie and co sink the boots in like they did with Ange?

Also the timing of the Announcement by the FFA..how bloody strange? why now? why not wait till after the A-League season? or after the World Cup?
It could destabilize SydneyFC which is only a good thing through.

Well anyone with any small amount of decency should be boycotting Qatar 2022 as a fan anyway so after the Asian Cup we can just disregard it all anyway.

Then again we should also boycotting Russia and probably should have boycotted Brazil.

it's disheartening to go from someone like ange who, for how much he was criticised, tried to have the team play in an attacking way and to set up similar to modern football techniques. people will probably be pining for that soon.

Guess the Socceroo's be going Backwards after the World Cup and I highly doubt we will Qualify for the 2022 World Cup Now.

Why Bring Back someone who has Already Failed?

it's disheartening to go from someone like ange who, for how much he was criticised, tried to have the team play in an attacking way and to set up similar to modern football techniques. people will probably be pining for that soon.

Not Robbie Slater.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back