Opinion Moons: How the Tigers can create a flag dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it a moot point by now but all my moot points since the big win are now Moet points ! Perhaps I'm just still in celebratory mode and I'm still a little bubbly haha. Is it bad that I have the actual bubbly on ice already for the back to back ? Too soon ? Oh, I thought this thread was about creating a dynasty - just being prepared !

Seriously though, Grimes and Broad could provide cover short term you'd think if R or A went down and with Garth being groomed and both Balta and particularly Big Ben Miller (who has been playing against men and appears to be a very well developed man-child type) now at the club, there is covering help on the way mopsy.

By the way, I know for a fact Trengove is now at another club so the long 'what if' discussions on him are a Moet point, if ever there was one. ;0)

It's one of the few americanisms i can handle without cringing..
pergoola for pergola...daytah for data(h)...rouff for roof...effing yanks f**k english pronuctiation...
It's one of the drawbacks of English that we don't have a plural for "you". Gaelic does have it and you can track the high concentration of Irish immigrants to particular parts of the world by the appearance of "youse" - it's spoken in Ireland itself, Liverpool, Boston, New York and Australia.

Not sure on which way you went on data, but after a couple of years in the UKbeing ridiculed by grammar nazi’s I confirm it is daytah not dartar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's...
images

At least im open to criticism of our players and actually look at both the good and bad in both our own and opposition players.
Sadly too many only see the good in ours and the bad in others.

It really seems with a lot of supporters all our players are better than every other teams players and we judge our players differently to others for no other reason than we support the club and cant be seen to criticise.

I genuinely think other posters do see critical aspects of our players, just that in their judgement those failings are graded differently. I also think this is unfair in some instances to suggest posters defend our players to the death and dont recognise their shortcomings, i think they dont harp on about them. They state them then move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one of the drawbacks of English that we don't have a plural for "you". Gaelic does have it and you can track the high concentration of Irish immigrants to particular parts of the world by the appearance of "youse" - it's spoken in Ireland itself, Liverpool, Boston, New York and Australia.
Youse is considered the queens English up here (Mildura). Must be all the Irish backpackers.

At least im open to criticism of our players and actually look at both the good and bad in both our own and opposition players.
Sadly too many only see the good in ours and the bad in others.

It really seems with a lot of supporters all our players are better than every other teams players and we judge our players differently to others for no other reason than we support the club and cant be seen to criticise.

Lol its this sort of post that pisses me off. Where have i criticised Astbury's yr!!!! i think ive said several times he had a very good yr.

All ive said is when you look at the overall body of work of both, Trengove has been better. Im sorry you cant see that.Im also sorry you think that is a criticism of Astbury. It really sounds to me that one should never dare to rate an oppo player more highly than one of ours.

You want to hope both Astbury and Rance stay healthy because thats when obtaining a player like Trengove would really come to the fore.

Our talls dont have to play against our fwd line so its rather a mute point dont you think. But they will be playing against tall fwd lines.
I disagree a backline with those 4 in it would be neither needlessly tall fmd Grimes plays almost exclusively small and would be our best defender against oppo smalls. Rance is no slouch either. Besides we play 4 talls ourselves are we needlessly tall !!!!! the only slow player we have is Astbury and trust me Trengove has more pace than him..

sorry mate but i think your wrong so we will just have to disagree. Besides they are entirely different types.
My suggestion is Trengove for Rance and Rance into the Broad role.

To get a mature back up like Trengove you need to play them or they dont come. To me we have no mature cover for our two kpds i suggested Trengove would be a good fit for us so you need to find a way to fit him in hence the Trengove for Rance Suggestion and Rance for Broad.

At the end of the day its all mute we dont have Trengove i dont even know if we were interested but do think he would have been great cover if one of Astbury or Rance copped injuries i also think he would have offered us an option to play fwd and give Big Nankervis a chop out.

Ive not seen one other person throw up a suggestion to cover and add depth to our Genuine Kpps except lets throw the kids in who have a collective 5 or so games between them.

Fom this i can only conclude people dont think we have cover problems or they think the Lkids will just step straight in and perform to a high standard.

I'm with ya Mopsy. Good on you for being a devils advocate.
BUT
1) Trengove was wanted by bulldogs to fill a need. ie small backline. As opposed to a backup (Tigers).
2) Griffiths (KPD/KPF) was still on our list and the need for a Trengove wasn't a high priority as the bullies had.
3) The biggest concern I have is in the forward half. If Jack goes down (season ending) we are stuffed.
I would say 85%+ would have have been thru Jack in our forward entries. There is ATM no one I can see doing Jacks job.
Not Dusty, Caddy, Townsend(very underrated),Moore etc
So in conclusion I can see where everyone is at, but I think were looking at the wrong end of the ground.
Jack is one of the smartest footballers going around. Highly irreplaceable, more so than Rance, Dusty.
Cheers everyone

Prestia - I wanted this bloke dropped last year. I was wrong. He will be considered a champ if injuries dont strike too often.
Jesus he was butchering it off his boot all year, surely he was a bee's D away from getting dropped before he found his feet. Every week I was thinking "at least he came with Caddy".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back