2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

Still 10-12 years left in him if he can crack it.

I always am bamboozled by the longevity of a ruckmen. (If they are good of course).

Yeah, just saying as a rookie lister yet to debut at a premiership window Port Adelaide, his options are limited in any case.

Yeah, just saying as a rookie lister yet to debut at a premiership window Port Adelaide his options are limited in any case.
So hard to judge.

Ryder's foot is a worry, yet he was an AA at 30.

Westhoff is a total fuggin enigma he is a guy who would jag a brownlow at 40.

We still have to keep 1 eye on the future though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win away from home builds a bit of belief.

With the list profile we had I think Chad was a good choice as coach last year but with the turnover I think a teaching focused coach suits this group.

They are going to have ups and downs and bad quarters (and games) but I think we have a bit to work with. The test will come against Sturt and Central under pressure cos you still can't put old heads (or hardened bodies) on young shoulders.

Can you Magpies

Remember when the club used to give us a weekly wrap on the sanfl players?

Love to read their thoughts on Hayes. He has really jumped out of the blocks. I can't think of such a young Port ruckman making an impression like this in his first season of league footy.

Love to read their thoughts on Hayes. He has really jumped out of the blocks. I can't think of such a young Port ruckman making an impression like this in his first season of league footy.

I had seen previews/profiles of him before the draft but as that's never really been my focus, I didn't put the name to the face, etc.

When I realised we'd got him at pick #50-odd I couldn't believe it.

And a true blue Port Adelaide name to boot!

There is a reason why myself and Portia got increasingly excited when it became obvious he was going to fall to our pick....and then when we picked him.

I have no doubt this will be one of those 'how did that happen' moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back