POULTERBEAR

Senior List
Apr 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Braybrook Sporting Club
Hey guys, sorry for my absence in 2017, as I took on a role with a VFL club, my time to update my BF thread became nearly impossible. But I am back for 2018 and promise to be a lot more active on here, as i have my thread for a 4th year in a row!

Please ask me any questions here, or on twitter at @JoshPoulter04

Post #1 - Big Board
Post #2 - Top 25 Player Profiles
Post #3 - Mock Draft
Post #4 - Player Graphics with 2018 Stats

2018 Top 50 - Big Board - Updated 11/7/18

wKLKuLN.png

2019 Top 50 - Big Board - Updated 11/7/18
4E6ZhAg.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated today, made sure i showed that Quaynor is Collingwood NGA, and Jason Carter has officially moved over to Peel Thunder as apart of him being apart of Fremantle's NGA.

Top 50 - Big Board - Updated 29/3/18

aPSIOhQ.png
Where do you see Lachlan Scholl featuring? I think top 25 to 30.
Interesting to see that Mason Fletcher is not being talked about. I think he is too slow, he needs to do some sprint training.

Where do you see Lachlan Scholl featuring? I think top 25 to 30.
Interesting to see that Mason Fletcher is not being talked about. I think he is too slow, he needs to do some sprint training.

I saw both Sholl and Fletcher yesterday. Neither showed enough to suggest they warrant a F/S bid at this stage.

Interesting you rate Matt Walker so highly, especially since most others have him 30+.
What's your reasoning for having him so high?
He's impressed when i've seen him for both Bushrangers & GWS in the NEAFL. And i fully expect him to push more into the midfield this year, got that scope and potential to add that to his game.

I saw both Sholl and Fletcher yesterday. Neither showed enough to suggest they warrant a F/S bid at this stage.
Scholl isnt eligible for Carlton F/S his father Brett only played 35 games for the Blues. Both he and Fletcher i do like but are both 50-65 for me at this stage. I really like Fletcher he has the attributes but i think he just needs to have that breakout game, which easily could come in this AGSV season for PEGS.

Scholl isnt eligible for Carlton F/S his father Brett only played 35 games for the Blues. Both he and Fletcher i do like but are both 50-65 for me at this stage. I really like Fletcher he has the attributes but i think he just needs to have that breakout game, which easily could come in this AGSV season for PEGS.

What particular attributes do you see in Fletcher?

Yesterday, I saw a reasonably run-of-the-mill tall skinny defender who didn't get much of the footy (and unfortunately) had several goals kicked against him.

I didn't notice Sholl do anything at all special TBH. Given both teams were missing top end talent, you'd expect these guys to stand out if they're supposed to be draftable at years' end wouldn't you?

To get drafted even around 50-65, they should be standing out at this level with the cream of the two teams playing Academy on Saturday.

Yesterday, I saw a reasonably run-of-the-mill tall skinny defender who didn't get much of the footy (and unfortunately) had several goals kicked against him.

I didn't notice Sholl do anything at all special TBH. Given both teams were missing top end talent, you'd expect these guys to stand out if they're supposed to be draftable at years' end wouldn't you?

To get drafted even around 50-65, they should be standing out at this level with the cream of the two teams playing Academy on Saturday.
He's athletic but not overly quick, reads the ball well and disposes the ball well by foot. I just think he needs some games where he can use that all that together, because yes i do concede the fact that he's not a strong 1 on 1 defender. But i did like him at CHB when they played Ranges in Round 2.

If you have only watched them once this season, I guess that's your opinion based on that game.

Not everything goes to plan for kids in matches.

Rhylee West had 11 disposals in Rd 1 playing mid/forward , based on that he wouldn't figure anywhere.

I don't follow Calder, but from memory both those boys have had good starts to the season.

If you have only watched them once this season, I guess that's your opinion based on that game.

Not everything goes to plan for kids in matches.

Rhylee West had 11 disposals in Rd 1 playing mid/forward , based on that he wouldn't figure anywhere.

I don't follow Calder, but from memory both those boys have had good starts to the season.

First time I’ve seen them both this year. Sholl was named second best for Calder in rd 1, Fletcher not named in the best yet. Doesn’t mean they haven’t started well, but doesn’t confirm your assertion re: Fletcher.

I agree that based on one game, it’s not realistic, but for mine there was nothing about Sholl’s football which stood out, and frankly Fletcher had an ordinary day.

With West, Bytel and Taylor clearly their best (and most draftable) 3 players, Calder will need to have a better season than 2017 in order for anyone else to get picked up IMO. I doubt they will be winning more than they lose this year.

Frankly, I feel Mitch Podhajski would be the clear candidate (even as a 19 year old) to get picked up after those three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back