Jake Lever deleting social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Youre digressing, Dangerfield is a completely a different issue.

Lever to Melbourne has suited us perfectly and he is being shown as the true 3rd KPD that he is.
No I am not, I am making a valid point about him leaving for family as did Dangerfield and as Sloane will. We know he is a third defender. A player isn’t shown up after 5 games mate.

Get real.

This is clearly crows fault.

Poor young jakey. Just isn't fair is it.
No it’s not fair that you’re abused on your twitter feed by a bunch of football fans with nothing else to do than have lives that revolve around AFL players. Melbourne & Crows fans included.

I don't believe many Melbourne fans would have given him a hard time.

And good to see him towel up Townsend on Tuesday night. He'll be a star for the Dees for a decade.

Crows fans are a different story. They even took an award off Gunston once they knew he was leaving. Horrible cheeseburger club.

I wonder which Melbourne club Sloane will choose.
Taylor Walker has got to be one of the biggest hypocrites to play the game. Openly paying out on Lever and prior to that Dangerfield, whilst openly accepting Jacobs, Gibbs and Betts.

No it’s not fair that you’re abused on your twitter feed by a bunch of football fans with nothing else to do than have lives that revolve around AFL players. Melbourne & Crows fans included.
He was strutting around with his member lodged firmly in hand when he accepted a large cheque to play next door to his dad.

Hilariously he hasn't backed it up :) undesirable feedback from mindless Twitter trolls is about as inevitable as the sun coming up.

Every player and his dog cops it. Wonder why jakey thinks he's any different.

I don't believe many Melbourne fans would have given him a hard time.

And good to see him towel up Townsend on Tuesday night. He'll be a star for the Dees for a decade.

Crows fans are a different story. They even took an award off Gunston once they knew he was leaving. Horrible cheeseburger club.

I wonder which Melbourne club Sloane will choose.
Lol, Crows fans didn't take an award of Gunston...

Pretty disappointing to hear young Jake has had so much abuse directed his way that he has had to shut down his Twitter account. It really is a poor reflection on the bitter Crows fans and angry Melbourne fans who have attacked for nothing other than doing his job. A lot from these two supporter groups need to take a good look at their atrocious behaviour, in truth they probably shouldn't be supporting a competitive sporting team as they clearly are too immature to be involved.

There's no question Jake has had a difficult start to his year, however he isn't alone among Melbourne players and is still very young.

All the best tomorrow Jake, stick it up all those weaklings potting you from the stands
Good luck for tomorrow Jake.

There is no good reason to abuse someone, but unfortunately in today's society, if you are a public person on twitter, it comes with the territory.

If he can't take the good with the bad, then best to get off as he has.

You only need to take a look at the basic standard of threads and discourse on BigFooty to imagine the utter bilge that must come players' way on social media. Discussing footy and players and their output is one thing but if you're @ing a player to send him direct abuse then you're a weak bully as far as I'm concerned. Anonymity and safety-at-distance has led to normalised sociopathy for a LOT of people online and people in this thread going "Aw poor Jakey" may want to consider how they'd feel if they had a bad week at work and suddenly had a bunch of outsiders sending them a barrage of messages with insults and threats.

He was strutting around with his member lodged firmly in hand when he accepted a large cheque to play next door to his dad.

Hilariously he hasn't backed it up :) undesirable feedback from mindless Twitter trolls is about as inevitable as the sun coming up.

Every player and his dog cops it. Wonder why jakey thinks he's any different.
Probably doesn’t help his mental health, nor I say would it help any footballer. He isn’t different, he just doesn’t want to be ******* abused because it obviously impacts him in a negative way.

Think before opening your mouth because you’ve got an agenda about a player leaving your club and grow up.

How would it go down at your end if you copped abuse online or in your letterbox about your job? Constant abuse knocking you as a person.

It’s people like you that shouldn’t have social media access due to your mindset.

Your franchise club did. Same thing.
No it's not.

The club & supporters are 2 different things.

Get your facts right next time as your assertion was stupid & clearly incorrect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably doesn’t help his mental health, nor I say would it help any footballer. He isn’t different, he just doesn’t want to be ******* abused because it obviously impacts.

Think before opening your mouth because you’ve got an agenda about a player leaving your club and grow up.
Haha how about you bringing up our captain in this thread? Want to talk about agenda do you.

Haha how about you bringing up our captain in this thread? Want to talk about agenda do you.
You quoted the wrong post.

Agenda? What agenda would I have? You and your fans are consistently negative towards him and happy to pay out when he isn’t in form.

Your captain is a flat out child because he is happy to lambast Lever leaving yet accepts players coming into the club from other clubs. Ever heard of a double standard?

If he can’t take any criticism that he’s not performing like an 850k player and he’s taken money over potential team success.. says all you need to know about Jake.

The s**t that players cop online isn't criticism, it's flat out abuse.

Agenda? What agenda would I have? You and your fans are consistently negative towards him and happy to pay out when he isn’t in form.

Your captain is a flat out child because he is happy to lambast Lever leaving yet accepts players coming into the club from other clubs. Ever heard of a double standard?
You really shouldn't abuse Tex in this thread of all places. Double standard indeed.

Well it’s just one of those things that come with fortune and fame, the masses will judge you from afar, based on their own biases and perspective. He hasn’t started his career at melbourne as good as he would have liked, so it’s no surprise this kind of stuff has happened.

Want a high paying career in a sport with massive media exposure ? This is the price to pay. I’d happily swap my job for 850K and a mean and nasty twitter feed.

Vickery had to do similar, all because he chose to play football for a living.

There's some real mouth breathers out there that feel the need to tag players into tweets to make themselves feel better about the their shitty lives.

The same sorts of people who get front row seats at the footy so that they can stand, point and scream expletives at players.

Last edited:
Not bitter at all about Jake leaving. We have replaced (read: upgraded) him nicely.

I am enjoying his underwhelming start to the season. Who wouldn't enjoy seeing their wantaway players fail? He is a big boy who made his own decisions.

Abuse on social media? Unwarranted. Does it mean everyone who hasn't abused him on social media need to sit around and say "poor Jake"? Hell no, in any other profession the advice would be to find a new career out of the limelight.

He doesnt have thick enough skin so he has deleted his account. He has done what needed to be done. End of story.

I’ve never used Twitter but guess you just put it in the social media basket!
I certainly don’t feel sorry for him as he is on 750K and if your on that type of money and not performing I think you should expect criticism!
Think he will end up great for the dees, he is quality.
In any job if your not performing then you come under pressure and the reason he is on so much coin is because we talk about these things, watch the footy shows, go to the footy etc etc if you don’t like the heat find another job

Thats not a double standard. Thats wanting what is best for your club. Its competition. Go back to your safe space. Itd be like telling someone who didnt like poverty that they have double standards because they accept a paycheque and not hand it to charity.

Pretty disappointing to hear young Jake has had so much abuse directed his way that he has had to shut down his Twitter account. It really is a poor reflection on the bitter Crows fans and angry Melbourne fans who have attacked for nothing other than doing his job. A lot from these two supporter groups need to take a good look at their atrocious behaviour, in truth they probably shouldn't be supporting a competitive sporting team as they clearly are too immature to be involved.

There's no question Jake has had a difficult start to his year, however he isn't alone among Melbourne players and is still very young.

All the best tomorrow Jake, stick it up all those weaklings potting you from the stands

Is there a link or source to this claim you make?

Thats not a double standard. Thats wanting what is best for your club. Its competition. Go back to your safe space. Itd be like telling someone who didnt like poverty that they have double standards because they accept a paycheque and not hand it to charity.
That is an absolutely stupid and irrelevant comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back