Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Given time I think he has potential to be serious goal kicking mid.
In his highlights of under 18 there was a goal similar to the one friday night running through a clearance then he takes a few high marks across half forward with his huge leap. Bit of Jamie Elliot about him

Given time I think he has potential to be serious goal kicking mid.
In his highlights of under 18 there was a goal similar to the one friday night running through a clearance then he takes a few high marks across half forward with his huge leap. Bit of Jamie Elliot about him

I happen to agree, and whilst I don't think he has the game to make it as the best (or a superstar) midfielder in a rotation, but could find a spot as a very damaging 3rd-5th midfielder with his tools. There are a lot of tools that makes me very interested to see how he develops as a midfielder with forward stints.

Very Douglas like actually, and I am rather confident Gooch will end up bettering (output wise, I doubt he'll end up with the BnFs seeing ideally we end up being in contention or close to throughout his career) in the long term. That is no knock to Douglas at all, but has had a level of inconsistency to his career outside a couple of seasons, either through role changes, freak injuries and taking a few years to really break out.

Last edited:
I think the judges fell asleep during our game anyway. Understandably
Still better than the NRL, where one of the judges in the Daley M (the NRL equivalent of the Brownlow medal) didn't even show up to watch the game!

Rather than the refs handing out the votes, the Daley M is voted on by separate judges. However, one of the judges got found out as she was playing in the NRL equivalent of an AFLW game at the time the NRL game she was supposed to be judging was being played!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like an upgrade on Cameron as well, Gooch can kick on the run,

Except when he's kicking for goal....

Seems to be able to snap perfectly fine which is great, but put him on the run kicking for goal, and the ball is likely to trickle out of bounds next to the point post as he so often does :(

Every other aspect of his kicking seems great though which is really frustrating.

Except when he's kicking for goal....

Seems to be able to snap perfectly fine which is great, but put him on the run kicking for goal, and the ball is likely to trickle out of bounds next to the point post as he so often does :(

Every other aspect of his kicking seems great though which is really frustrating.
His set shot kicking every time I saw him play in the TAC was very,very hit and miss. To me it always looked like it was more between the ears than anything else.

Looking like an upgrade on Cameron as well, Gooch can kick on the run,
Settle down

Glad he's coming on because we desperately need him . We are still trying to get that zip forward of centre because our forward structure of talls leaves us very susceptible. Galluci is crucial to this and a key part to our chances this year

If he doesn't come on we will struggle to bridge the gap that Cameron and a slowly declining Betts leave

Settle down

Glad he's coming on because we desperately need him . We are still trying to get that zip forward of centre because our forward structure of talls leaves us very susceptible. Galluci is crucial to this and a key part to our chances this year

If he doesn't come on we will struggle to bridge the gap that Cameron and a slowly declining Betts leave

Have watched Gooch since he first came over and I also watch CC from SANFL to AFL, when the Crows first rookie listed him.
Took a while for CC to get up to speed,

He has something weird about his kicking style on the run.. Its very quick. He seems to be able to kick short accurately on the run without slowing down ..

Yep, very compact, neat kicking style which is perfect for short stab passes, even at pace or under extreme pressure. It lets him down though if trying to kick >40m, its too hunched over, you need to able to lean back a little on you're longer kicks, open up at the hips, to get the full power of both quad and hip flexors. If he can learn to maximise this ability and play to his strengths, he could be a very damaging player.

Tyson Edwards is probably an example of a player with an elite short game, which Gooch should probably aspire to, able to turn on a dime, find space where there is none and get a quick, short, accurate kick out whilst in heavy traffic. He shouldn't try to be Paul Seedsman or Brodie Smith and try and lace out 60m passes whilst at full pace.

Unless kicking long to a contest, he shouldn't be trying to kick >40m. Play to your strengths.

Have watched Gooch since he first came over and I also watch CC from SANFL to AFL, when the Crows first rookie listed him.
Took a while for CC to get up to speed,
CC was a rookie and played some very good games in his first season including his debut

Gooch in his second year and a 1st round draft pick

I like Gooch chances as a small pressure forward but predicting an upgrade on CC is highly premature

CC was a rookie and played some very good games in his first season including his debut

Gooch in his second year and a 1st round draft pick

I like Gooch chances as a small pressure forward but predicting an upgrade on CC is highly premature

CC was not that good in first year, Played 7 game in 2014 his best was game 1,
Have a closer look at the Stats from both I would even look at CC 2015 year to do a comparison, Yes I know its a small sample from Gooch, but it telling.
Add the stats with the eye test Gooch has more upside.

Still better than the NRL, where one of the judges in the Daley M (the NRL equivalent of the Brownlow medal) didn't even show up to watch the game!

Rather than the refs handing out the votes, the Daley M is voted on by separate judges. However, one of the judges got found out as she was playing in the NRL equivalent of an AFLW game at the time the NRL game she was supposed to be judging was being played!

I thought women are supposed to be good at multitasking.
You’ve ruined my delusion.

CC was not that good in first year, Played 7 game in 2014 his best was game 1,
Have a closer look at the Stats from both I would even look at CC 2015 year to do a comparison, Yes I know its a small sample from Gooch, but it telling.
Add the stats with the eye test Gooch has more upside.
My eye test disagrees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back