Competitions Port board tipping 2018 - New venue! Same Prizes!

Remove this Banner Ad

57% of tipsters expected North to win. Geelong are not doing the right thing by me as a Buddy-less Sydney takes the lead in the last at the Cattery. I had Port by 22 so with a 37 point lead at 3/4 time I have a win point and a margin point there.
I’m stuffed today. It was nice whilst it lasted.

Back on top in the Port BF forum tipping. No-one tipped higher than 22 so I got the full bonus point for Port/North. With the 1.5 for Carlton/Bulldogs I have 4 points for this round so far. Still 4th in the BF overall and 4th in Port Adelaide fans tipping. No bonus point but 2 win points and 2 margin points.
I am 96th in portadelaidefc tipping. The leader has 39 tips, although portadelaidefc counts the GWS/St Kilda draw as a win while SuperBru does not.

The current two games are looking better for me now. When the cows were 45 up at half time it looked like they could win by more than 74 and as I tipped 58 that would mean no margin point. A 39 lead at 3/4 time means if they win the last quarter by 4-34 points I get a margin point. And I tipped Hawthorn by 47 and during the third quarter they were just 1 point up but now at 25 minutes in the last quarter they lead by 29. 3 points required to get a margin point for that game.

Points for all of GWS, Adelaide and Hawks, with Margin points for the latter two, has me back in 1st for Port board, Port fans and Bigfooty. Got to wait until Global is updated to see what damage the Sydney and Port wins have done there.
I'm 2 for Port BF, 4 for Port fans and 4 for BF. 23 Global and 34 National. Still within just a couple of tips of going top.

I'm 2 for Port BF, 4 for Port fans and 4 for BF. 23 Global and 34 National. Still within just a couple of tips of going top.
3rd in global and national, 51.00 to 51.50 for 1st and 2nd second. Close enough with that many in it to go anywhere from first or thirty depending on today’s games.

Looks like it was just as well I listened to Matthew Lloyd on "The Footy Show" and changed my Essendon tip to Melbourne. Although you would have thought when Geelong was 22 points up at 3/4 time they were safe.

Got Melbourne and Richmond but I'm still more than a point off top. Missed the margin point against Melbourne by 39 seconds and was in the running for a margin point in the Richmond game till the last 4 minutes.

I got 7/9, damn cats and pear.
8/9 but only moved up 2 places in Port Adelaide fans and BF.com tipping. Made up a bit of ground on the lead except in Port BF forum tipping, I got 11.5 and so did the leader. 50th in the Port website, no margin points etc. there.
Too bad the cats decided to lay down this week or I'd be top. Both me and the leader would have got the point for their win but I'd have got a grand slam 3-pointer. Cats cost me a 3-pointer in the first round so I've got extra reason to hate them as well as Chris Scott, 2007 and Joel Selwood.

There was a question on a quiz show recently about WA back in the dim darks wanting to secede from the commonwealth and become another country.
What a f****** shame that it didn't happen! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was nearly no bonus point awarded for the Port Adelaide board tipsters. The closest to the correct margin was 24 and you have to be within 40 points to get a bonus point. And of the Port Adelaide board, Port Adelaide fans and BF overall tipping there was only 1 margin point awarded, everyone else was more than 15 points off. Although I don't think anyone could have really foreseen GWS' shocking game and would have expected them to kick at least 8-10 goals.

Last edited:
I originally had the Bulldogs by 22, if I'd left it like that I'd be in margin point territory now with them ahead by 8 points, but I changed it to 29 and still need them to get another goal to win by at least 14 points.
Looks like I'll probably get a win from Hawthorn v Essendon but I only had 8 points, Essendon are 39 points down and I need them to get 3 goals closer. Still time for that.

I originally had the Bulldogs by 22, if I'd left it like that I'd be in margin point territory now with them ahead by 8 points, but I changed it to 29 and still need them to get another goal to win by at least 14 points.
Looks like I'll probably get a win from Hawthorn v Essendon but I only had 8 points, Essendon are 39 points down and I need them to get 3 goals closer. Still time for that.
Bloody Essendon not putting up more of a fight. Got the margin for the Bulldogs, as picked by 11, but had Hawks by 19.

Big one is I’ve got Port on the basis of Ryder back. Will go backwards fast or get a break based on our game IMO.

I tipped bulldogs by 9. :thumbsu:

Bloody Essendon not putting up more of a fight. Got the margin for the Bulldogs, as picked by 11, but had Hawks by 19.

Big one is I’ve got Port on the basis of Ryder back. Will go backwards fast or get a break based on our game IMO.
Well * you Ken. No more tipping Port with the heart. Listen to those doubts, we’re still bog average at best.

At least Hawks eased off, giving margin point for that game to help compensate for Port.

Looks like the rest of the games will go as expected and I'll get 8/9 but there will be a few tipsters who will get 9/9 and go further ahead of me by getting another GSP. I will actually be hoping for an upset so that no-one has a perfect week as it costs me 1 point for the win but it's likely to cost other tipsters 4 points for the win+GSP.

Looks like the rest of the games will go as expected and I'll get 8/9 but there will be a few tipsters who will get 9/9 and go further ahead of me by getting another GSP. I will actually be hoping for an upset so that no-one has a perfect week as it costs me 1 point for the win but it's likely to cost other tipsters 4 points for the win+GSP.
Screwed by Port for the big footy overall and global and national. Just hoping to hold on for the Port board one now.

As ridiculous as it sounds, maybe Carlton will provide that upset. After Adelaide got to a 6 goal lead early in the second quarter they have got back to 16 points down with about 8 minutes left in the first half.

Well, at least it looks like I won't drop well away from tipsters who get 9/9 and an additional three points. North Melbourne have beaten Sydney at the SCG, a result that only 4% of tipsters predicted.

Well, at least it looks like I won't drop well away from tipsters who get 9/9 and an additional three points. North Melbourne have beaten Sydney at the SCG, a result that only 4% of tipsters predicted.
Thank god for North. Or is it Sydney? There's a side that's inconsistent as hell. Beat up decent sides away like Geelong, lose to s**t sides that we beat like North. The annoying Watson who took first in Bigfooty tipping at least picked Sydney, so not another GSP 3 point extra for him, although he got West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back