Nic Nats Report: Tribunal - Still pathetic/soft/inconsistent

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree with those saying that NicNat doesn't fall on top of Amon, because he clearly does from the vision on page 1 of this thread, however that is a free kick for in the back, and nothing more.

West Coast have to contest this, surely.

For it to be assessed 'Medium' impact, Port have had to complain of some sort of injury in their medical report. Amon played out the game and didn't undergo a concussion assessment.
Impact goes to the force of the incident not only the result. It's very hard to say this was low impact. Low impact in a tackle is a tackle without much force. This either had to be thrown out or would be medium impact.

Watch his head in the video and tell me it's low impact.
He didn't dump a guy on the head. What on earth are you looking at? He dumped him on his freaking chest.
Let me pick you up horizontal face down and dump you straight on the ground. You may land on your chest but you'll certainly land on your head as well.

It wasnt entirely non-dangerous.. I think this one has been the 'worst' of his tackles so far this year, he lined him up and then hit him with speed and didn't turn him.

But a week is a bit ******. I think a fine at the most.

It wouldn't have been a push in the back if Amon didn't turn 180° at the last moment (he was facing Naitanui)

Grundy got done for something similar. Deal.
The tackle on Ben Brown last year which involved both arms pinned, 2 motions, a huge effort given Brown's size, and a concussion/stretcher?

I'm struggling to see many similarities.

The thing is, no one is suggesting it wasn't a little dangerous. But where is NN meant to draw the line? He really can't help he is a massive dude tackling a smaller dude. A suspension for this is such a high price to pay for a hard tackle, and I really hope he doesn't lose his instinctive edge next time he lines someone up.

Is this a joke?
His arms weren't pinned, its a free kick for in the back, not a bloody suspension.

Impact goes to the force of the incident not only the result. It's very hard to say this was low impact. Low impact in a tackle is a tackle without much force. This either had to be thrown out or would be medium impact.

Let me pick you up horizontal face down and dump you straight on the ground. You may land on your chest but you'll certainly land on your head as well.

Stop being a w#$£€&*er!

Actually my bad just read your user name, carry on.:D

Disagree with those saying that NicNat doesn't fall on top of Amon, because he clearly does from the vision on page 1 of this thread, however that is a free kick for in the back, and nothing more.

He falls on top of him but he doesn't grab Amon and slam him into the turf nor drive his body weight into his back.

If he really wanted to bury Amon into the turf then Port teammates would've had to pull him out by his feet.

He tackled him when the guy was vertical, not when he was horizontal. It was a completely legal tackle at first impact. In the force of the tackle, he got him in the back, and slid up. That's it. it's a fine, nothing more (if that). If you think more, go watch netball fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't pin both arms, didn't lift him off his feet, body made contact with the ground first, no major whiplashing motion on the head, no direct contact with naitanui's body with his head, in the back. So how is that anything but a free kick? You're a fool.
Pinned his left arm and Amon is desperately trying to brace his fall with his right.
He does get lifted off the ground, pause the video it's clear to see
There's no whiplash because he's buried in to the ground

It's not a sling tackle. It's a driving tackle. Different but just as dangerous.

It wouldn't have been a push in the back if Amon didn't turn 180° at the last moment (he was facing Naitanui)
It doesn't matter what Amon does you still have to tackle fairly.

At least with the change to the MRP - we can challenge with no risk other than financial.

The MRP had become emboldened knowing that clubs were too pissweak to challenge. So they kept creeping further forward with penalising increasingly softer events.

This is a "for the good of the game" challenge.

Didn't pick him up and dump him, no second motion - what reasonable option did he have - not tackle? Not be 120kg? Not run fast?

He lands next to Amon but rolls over him with momentum.

Thats not landing on top of him.

Arms were not pinned.

First impact was Amons midrift - chest.

Momentum then rolls his body forward and the face hits the grass.

A Fine maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back