Autopsy Saints Vs Collingwood: Degoin' to Graceland

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony seems lost on you.

Irony? The irony is that when we have a world beating win some of us blow the lid off prematurely and then when the form drops off like right now that seems to be accepted and when some of us state the current form those same who accept the poor form jump in and defend it!

That Jack is the irony

Compelling arguement. The positive of the Crows game was that we played 4 quarters but it was hardly a perfect game by us and I can't recall the Crows putting up too many worse performances. That people draw ridiculous conclusions isn't the clubs fault.

I never stated that was the perfect game but the form - if we continued to carry it - would warrant us in the conversation. I never stated it was the clubs fault that people over react on the back of one good win.

That's not the point, the point is when some of us over react after a good win seem to accept the poor form when it comes and defend it when I mention it.

Heat will be on Bulldogs this week, they’ll come out hard. With us off a short break I think it’s another danger game. I think we have a lot of tired players.

We have had a run of dud teams recently, Lions, Essendon, Saints, Dogs and Freo at MCG to come. All would normally be % boosters but after our run of 3 games in 2wks we just need to get wins and make it to the bye.

Got a Feeling the Dogs will beat us

I never stated that was the perfect game but the form - if we continued to carry it - would warrant us in the conversation. I never stated it was the clubs fault that people over react on the back of one good win.

That's not the point, the point is when some of us over react after a good win seem to accept the poor form when it comes and defend it when I mention it.
Mention it??

Do the worlds Horse , dead , and flog have any meaning for you??

I actually agree our form hasn't been astonishing despite the Adelaide game but FMD I don't feel the need to monitor everyone's joy levels to ratify my own misgivings either.

Irony? The irony is that when we have a world beating win some of us blow the lid off prematurely and then when the form drops off like right now that seems to be accepted and when some of us state the current form those same who accept the poor form jump in and defend it!

That Jack is the irony

Yeah off course, a few people jump to ridiculous and premature conclusions, you use that as a basis to assume we could/should be contending, then monotonously bang on that we aren't. Pretty boring really. I'll leave it there.

Making pretty much the same errors and turnovers as we did yesterday I'd say our form has been pretty consistent post the Hawks game. You do realize there is another team out there and that they can and do influence games. As I say, I'll leave it there.

This post, this is exactly why opposition teams won't and rightly shouldn't take us seriously because there's no evidence to suggest we have killer instinct and really put teams away.

We've had enough chances to put up a percentage win and make the comp take notice - but we haven't. Blunt reality is we come close to our potential in 1 game and couple of quarter here or there - not good enough.

Some on here are happy with the win saying "we would've lost that game last year", good for you but that's not the Collingwood standard. Continue this form and we'll lose next week.
Why do you care so much about what the opposition thinks of us?

Mention it??

Do the worlds Horse , dead , and flog have any meaning for you??

I actually agree our form hasn't been astonishing despite the Adelaide game but FMD I don't feel the need to monitor everyone's joy levels to ratify my own misgivings either.

This is a forum isn't it? Y'know where posters post their views, FMD I mention that the form is poor and I have the likes of you defending it by accusing me of monitoring every ones feelings.......... seriously what the?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making pretty much the same errors and turnovers as we did yesterday I'd say our form has been pretty consistent post the Hawks game. You do realize there is another team out there and that they can and do influence games. As I say, I'll leave it there.

Disagree, since the last qtr against richmond our game is different. No longer do we see that manic pressure move the ball forward by handpass in the phone box til we find a link up player outside the contest.

That was a winning formula of footy and it's the way Nathan wants us to play............................... worlds different to the style of last night, geelong and bris.

It most certainly is a forum and like you I have the perfect right to my opinion. In this case that your constant complaint of discontent with others opinions is boring.

Your discontent is VERY well documented, thus it's constant regurgitation is overkill - ergo flogging a dead horse.

It most certainly is a forum and like you I have the perfect right to my opinion. In this case that your constant complaint of discontent with others opinions is boring.

Your discontent is VERY well documented, thus it's constant regurgitation is overkill - ergo flogging a dead horse.

Complaint? Discontent? You obviously have a problem with my mentioning of our poor form which is a blunt reality. Sounds like my view on our team somehow equals me being pissed at everyone that defends the poor form, not the case. Just purely pointing out the reality, if you have a problem with it I guess I'll just have to keep mentioning it!

Glad you're not in any official capacity at the club with that attitude, the comp is ruthless. We played a team that externally looks like it's bottomed out, Collingwood round 4 would've won this game by 80+ points.

The team that won last night, do you seriously think that team is a threat to the comp? From where I sit it isn't and while the opposition wouldn't state that publicly I'm more than confident they'd agree just quietly.

Sure the opp may be "wary" and wouldn't take any opp lightly but we'd hardly be in the "serious threat" conversation.
Think it might be the reverse of that

Complaint? Discontent? You obviously have a problem with my mentioning of our poor form which is a blunt reality. Sounds like my view on our team somehow equals me being pissed at everyone that defends the poor form, not the case. Just purely pointing out the reality, if you have a problem with it I guess I'll just have to keep mentioning it!
I have no complaint with your cognizance of our poor form, which I concur with - nor do I have a problem with your constant need to bleat about it.

It's more of an amused tolerance really, because free speech ensures that all must be heard - even if it's the endless repetition of well understood facts known to all.

Like your original post which I responded to - I find it ironic that you actually believe you are adding anything to the conversation.

Anyway discussing anything with such a single tracked mind is mind numbingly boring so I'll be ignoring you - how you respond is your own business.

If you're opposition rates and reveres you then that more than likely means your contending and in the conversation for a flag. That word flag for memory that's the end game isn't it?
If you're in the top 8 at the end of round 23, then you're contending for the flag. Being revered counts for nothing.

Read the posts relating to my post. It isn't a bag Phillips post. The kid is becoming a gun. The reference is to us not having a killer instinct. As you say Voss would have done anything to win. Laughing and joking about DeGoeys 6 goals is the opposite in my mind. So is smiling and laughing with your brother before the game.
I'm going to go with 3 time premiership players not ones that are happy in their own skin at 3/4 time. Said to my mate watch how poor we play this last quarter. These blokes are too easily pleased.
As to other posts saying Voss is a crap bloke, who cares. I'm not interested in being mates with these guys, just want the club to win flags.
I made no comment re what type of bloke Voss is, agree irrelevant. I just disagree with your assessment of a players intensity based on out of play antics. Different strokes for different players. I think Phillips talking to his brother doesn't at all diminish his potential intensity. Yes a Voss may get himself up by the methods you describe. Doubt that works for Phillips. Swanny would have needed such methods to get himself up. Dusty Martin doesn't either. Etc etc

I noticed the thread has GRACELAND in the title.
As in we are going to Graceland.

Is this Elvis Presley Graceland?

Is it something to do with Paul Simon and his album, Graceland.?

Is it the hotel accomodation in Patong, Phuket, Thailand? (Very nice by the way.) called Graceland?

So back to the game at hand. I watched this match on replay last night after getting home from the Melbourne Storm match at AAMI Park. For all those complaining and debating whether it was a good win or a bad win by the Pies rest assured that however bad you think we played last night, we did not play as bad as the Storm (now there is a sentence I did not think I would say, write, read, hear, see or think this year).

As far as the game itself there were positives and negatives for the pies. The negatives were obviously we are not in as good a form as we would like at the moment and as a result we didn’t get the percentage booster we would like.

However I felt there were a lot positives out of the match.

* This is a match in previous years we would of lost. It was a game we should have won and our form was down. In previous season this was exactly the sort of match we dropped.
* The game plan is still evident. One of the many criticisms of the Pies in recent years is that you couldn’t tell what if any game plan was in play. However this year since round 2 even when our form has been patchy we can still see what the boys are trying to do.
* The development of our younger players. How good have the likes of De Goey, Scharenberg and Stevenson been so far this season?
* We are developing the ability to win ugly. One thing that history tells us is that teams can’t go through a full season with out having a form slump or two during the season. What made the Cats of 2007 to 2011 and Hawks of 2012 to 2015 so good was not that they played really good football (which was really good), but it was the ability to still rack up the wins when they ran into the inevitable slump during the season. Now before the Henny Penny’s jump on me for bringing those teams into the equation, no I am not saying we are at that level. What I am saying is that if we want to be a successful side then we need to be able to win when we are not playing well and that is what we did.
* In the past we were reliant on a few players to play well for the team to play well. Last night Treloar was quite and Adams was down on form and Grundy, Pendles and Sidebottom I thought whilst they did some nice things I wouldn’t have said they had their best performances last night and we still won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back