F1 2018 Championship - Round 6 - Monaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Christian Horner was genuinely delighted, I think he always has a soft spot for Daniel. Backed him 100% all the way from the beginning.

If Red Bull are pushing him out it will be because of Helmut Marko, not Horner.

So, did Dan end up jumping into the Harbour?

EDIT: I'll answer my own question, apparently no, he did not :( haha

Last edited:

Christian Horner:

Makes ya proud to be an Aussie!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

OdtKPLj.jpg
Did gerri horner jump in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christian Horner:

Makes ya proud to be an Aussie!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

OdtKPLj.jpg
Apparently the most boring race ever! According to HAM that is...

Believe me the whole World is melting over Danny’s win,with comments that the race was boring,no overtakes and races will be better on the faster tracks lol,let em cry.

I thought slower tracks brings out the better drivers and that’s what happened,Danny ruled supreme all weekend,Maxy had a great race also with alot of overtakes,now for Red Bull to get a faster engine for the fast car tracks.

Russia last year was the worst. Wasn't a single overtake all race if I remember correctly.
Yeah, but Vettel was close behind Bottas the whole race. There was the anticipation of Bottas getting his first win, the pressure was always on and you never knew for certain what was going to happen.
Monaco frustrates me. I have such a love/hate relationship with that place.

It's really not good enough to warrant holding an F1 race anymore.
It's only one race. Personally, I think it's legitimate and adds value to the WC. Tight and twisty lined with walls all the way means a certain type driving is needed, as opposed to the generic circuits with huge runoffs areas we normally see. Look at Verstappen for instance? He's just as careless at other tracks, but he gets away with it when he doesn't at Monaco.

There will always be a race in Monaco, and there always should be.

The issue now is the enormous width of these cars makes it impossible to pass without a huge risk and/or massive pace advantage around Monaco.

It's only one race. Personally, I think it's legitimate and adds value to the WC. Tight and twisty lined with walls all the way means a certain type driving is needed, as opposed to the generic circuits with huge runoffs areas we normally see. Look at Verstappen for instance? He's just as careless at other tracks, but he gets away with it when he doesn't at Monaco.
What i dont understand is why is their a chicane immediately after exiting the tunnel. Whereby there appears to be enough road space to continue straight.

If they got rid of that chicane, it will probably open up that area of the track to overtake.

Idk what the supports are like. But I've wondered in the past what would a Formula Ford/Vee race look like around there?
Formula E is pretty fun, except they don't go up the hill

Yeah, but Vettel was close behind Bottas the whole race. There was the anticipation of Bottas getting his first win, the pressure was always on and you never knew for certain what was going to happen.

Using that point, they may as well just do a time trial and see who can complete 20 laps in the quickest time. I get your point but if there's no room for overtaking, why bother actually racing.

What i dont understand is why is their a chicane immediately after exiting the tunnel. Whereby there appears to be enough road space to continue straight.

If they got rid of that chicane, it will probably open up that area of the track to overtake.
I'd say it might be a safety thing, to slow them down quickly.

There didn't used to be a chicane, and iirc it used to be a lot less abrupt. It's a safety thing.

The next corner has literally no run off. The corner is already quite dangerous and it’s only about a 300 metre straight before the corner. If they didn’t have the chicane, they’d be running down to the corner at about 300 kmh, which would be a disaster if there was an accident. The up hill run off where the chicane is, that road meets with the first corner so that wouldn’t work.

Monaco is the grandest Grand Prix there is. If they got rid of it, it would take a fair chunk of soul out of a series that has already lost most of the soul it had to begin with. It’s pretty much the only track where the track itself is a genuine challenge to drive around at speed. Watching Dan’s qualy lap shows how incredible the track is, it’s like nothing else and if they did replace it, it would no doubt be replaced with a formulaic Tilke track.

I see a million comments on Facebook with people shitting on the track, but 95% of the time, it’s the same people that complain about all the Tilke tracks being the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back