Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Main Event.jpg

Welcome one and all to the Main Event.

A lot to talk about, but before we banter and talk game, I ask you all to ponder just for a moment dear winged brothers and sisters, our similarities.

Picture of the café where our coaches will never meet Gill cause they are not whiny bitches.
cafe.jpg

I’ll confess, for a few years there I’d forgotten the Eagles existed. It was a bit of a shock to see them still around and back to playing footy again. Who knew?

I can pretend it’s good to see the Eagles up and about, not least because the rolled out clichés this week might have some meaning. Our rivalry really is epic.

Can’t wait to play a Grand Final against each other in our home towns one day. Oh wait..

Form:

The Swans beat St Kilda and settled once and for all who has the better McCartin. The Eagles also had a bye.

3rd versus 1st leads us into a Friday night top 4 clash, or not, it depends on who you ask on the Swans board. We’re probably the best ‘not playing that great footy’ third placed team you’ve ever seen.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have confounded us all by finally realising winning games away from home is beneficial to their ladder position. As a result they sit top of the table having only lost once this season. Gosh, I bet they don’t want to run into those guys who delivered that smack down on their home deck again.

But in case you’ve forgotten who and how

Injuries:

Sydney: Melican, Reid, Naismith , Mills.

Eagles: Darling is a big out for them, he’s been in scintillating form. Shuey is Test but is expected to make it back. The rest I don’t really care about and to be frank, the less time I spend researching the Eagles the better my mental health will be.

Key Players:
Sinkers has been an absolute ripper for us this year, however no one expects him to beat Nic Nat. What we do know is he’s gonna give it a red hot crack anyway because that’s how he plays. How he and Rohan go in the ruck will be important, but winning the clearances will be critical.

stats1.jpg

Changes:

K Jack is expected back into the team after being rested this week with Robinson make way for his return.

Prediction:
The SCG is 170 years old, a grand dame of perfection.

As per usual the Eagles fans will whine about its size, and no doubt about everything else in comparison to their shiny new toy Optus stadium.

Hear me now, Eagle fans. Our SCG will still be standing with its name and personality intact for another century, if you want to know your future I give you GMHBA stadium.

They call us boring. We call them…well nothing much actually, we just can’t be arsed.

We don’t live in the past, we are inspired by it.

Swans by 16

Last edited:

Ambivalent response from the 4 year old. I shouldn't ask questions when she's preoccupied. I reckon we will win this
Don't push her if she's not ready man. We need her prediction when she's at her best.

4 games this week of bye teams vs teams off a six day break. I know we've been on the right side of this in previous years so no excuses... but how does the AFL continually get this, seemingly simple task, wrong...I mean seriously how hard is it to organise for the teams fresh off the bye to play each other on return over these mid year split rounds. Amateur hour at AFL house just runs 24/7.

How do Sydney fans rate Franklin's Coleman chances? JK looks to be in the running again this year (as he usually is), plus we are ten times better than last year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do Sydney fans rate Franklin's Coleman chances? JK looks to be in the running again this year (as he usually is), plus we are ten times better than last year.

Who cares about the Coleman really just seems to be an obsession for eagles fans

Buddy is an all time great , JK is a good forward

It'll be very interesting to see what the coaches do with Hewett in this one. Last time against WCE he played on McGovern and did a really good job keeping him accountable and away from Franklin (allowing him to kick 8 and dominate). Hewett's been great in the middle though for the last 4 or 5 weeks winning contested ball and playing on the opposition's best midfielder though. I suspect he'll stay in the middle to keep the structure of the side going, but we've got to keep McGovern occupied.

This is the start of 3 really big weeks. WCE at home, Richmond at Etihad and Geelong at home. I genuinely think we have a great shot at winning all 3 (particularly as we're playing Richmond at Etihad). We'll get a really good indication of where we sit over the next month.

View attachment 509761

Welcome one and all to the Main Event.

A lot to talk about, but before we banter and talk game, I ask you all to ponder just for a moment dear winged brothers and sisters, our similarities.

Picture of the café where our coaches will never meet Gill cause they are not whiny bitches.
View attachment 509762

I’ll confess, for a few years there I’d forgotten the Eagles existed. It was a bit of a shock to see them still around and back to playing footy again. Who knew?

I can pretend it’s good to see the Eagles up and about, not least because the rolled out clichés this week might have some meaning. Our rivalry really is epic.

Can’t wait to play a Grand Final against each other in our home towns one day. Oh wait..

Form:

The Swans beat St Kilda and settled once and for all who has the better McCartin. The Eagles also had a bye.

3rd versus 1st leads us into a Friday night top 4 clash, or not, it depends on who you ask on the Swans board. We’re probably the best ‘not playing that great footy’ third placed team you’ve ever seen.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have confounded us all by finally realising winning games away from home is beneficial to their ladder position. As a result they sit top of the table having only lost once this season. Gosh, I bet they don’t want to run into those guys who delivered that smack down on their home deck again.

But in case you’ve forgotten who and how

Injuries:

Sydney: Melican, Reid, Naismith , Mills.

Eagles: Darling is a big out for them, he’s been in scintillating form. Shuey is Test but is expected to make it back. The rest I don’t really care about and to be frank, the less time I spend researching the Eagles the better my mental health will be.

Key Players:
Sinkers has been an absolute ripper for us this year, however no one expects him to beat Nic Nat. What we do know is he’s gonna give it a red hot crack anyway because that’s how he plays. How he and Rohan go in the ruck will be important, but winning the clearances will be critical.

View attachment 509763

Changes:

K Jack is expected back into the team after being rested this week with Robinson make way for his return.

Prediction:
The SCG is 170 years old, a grand dame of perfection.

As per usual the Eagles fans will whine about its size, and no doubt about everything else in comparison to their shiny new toy Optus stadium.

Hear me now, Eagle fans. Our SCG will still be standing with its name and personality intact for another century, if you want to know your future I give you GMHBA stadium.

They call us boring. We call them…well nothing much actually, we just can’t be arsed.

We don’t live in the past, we are inspired by it.

Swans by 16

Not really we are looking for ward to this game, this will be a massive test to play Sydney a team we have a lot of respect for that I have a lot of respect for.

We will win, the eagles are not that good, had a nice little run with a complimentary fixture

Played any tough games at home, can only beat who you play but they are not winning a flag
Fair enough who have you beaten in the last month Carlton, Fremantle, Brisbane and the Saints hardly any world beaters there.

Out Robbo

In Jack.

Team is winning. Why change too much?

Melican straight back for Marsh after a run in the ressies for fitness. Reid for Tom ditto.

That's about our best side given the season outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back