World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Third Place Play-Off-BELGIUM V ENGLAND

Remove this Banner Ad

it's not been a bad game by any means, but i would've thought everyone from both squads would welcome getting on the plane and going on their holiday before getting back to the club.
Yeah no doubt. Unfortunate this game has to be played but it’s been a decent enough match. Double sucks for me with the amount of spurs players out on the pitch - and I guess for City

Martin Tyler suggesting in an after match comment that if England equalised they most likely would have gone on to win it.

A bit of rose coloured glasses there.

Just cramp
Really? They couldn’t get him back out there for those last few minutes then? Even to stand in the box for that final free kick?

Martin Tyler suggesting in an after match comment that if England equalised they most likely would have gone on to win it.

A bit of rose coloured glasses there.

Possibly the most pointless hypothetical I've ever heard

My final assessment for England is that it’s been a good World Cup and we are probably around 8th if the FIFA rankings were ever on the money. Until we get a world class creative midfielder we will not seriously challenge for a Euro or World Cup though. You saw the difference a Modric or a Hazard or KDB makes to a team. There’s no one on the horizon who can take England to that level sadly

English punditry saying how well Stones was... but watching it he let Lukaku go twice and should have been scored on and another horrible attempted that De Bruyne got a shot on goal from. Jones on that last goal, nfi what he's going. He isn't even EPL standard let alone International.

My final assessment for England is that it’s been a good World Cup and we are probably around 8th if the FIFA rankings were ever on the money. Until we get a world class creative midfielder we will not seriously challenge for a Euro or World Cup though. You saw the difference a Modric or a Hazard or KDB makes to a team. There’s no one on the horizon who can take England to that level sadly
Foden?

Also you need a better back 3/4. Stones is not good enough, great ball player, but ordinary defender. He's like Patrick Dangerfield... goes in wins the ball etc and lets himself down with his kicking (Dangerfield this is) yet the commentators rant and rave because they ignore end product and look at numbers.

Oh and Vincent Kompany is finished, how many times in his few games did he get caught out flat footed and lunging and missing. The near penalty against Brazil, similar stuff against France and now Dier escapes him when he goes for a wild lunge.

Foden?

Also you need a better back 3/4. Stones is not good enough, great ball player, but ordinary defender. He's like Patrick Dangerfield... goes in wins the ball etc and lets himself down with his kicking (Dangerfield this is) yet the commentators rant and rave because they ignore end product and look at numbers.

Oh and Vincent Kompany is finished, how many times in his few games did he get caught out flat footed and lunging and missing. The near penalty against Brazil, similar stuff against France and now Dier escapes him when he goes for a wild lunge.
I rate Stones highly. The thing that always has let us down was not having central defenders who were confident or good enough to bring the ball out. You need that now in modern football and stones can do it. City need to play him more though but pep has done well developing him.

Don’t know much about Foden. Looking forward to Sessegnon being blooded into the team fir the Euros though

I rate Stones highly. The thing that always has let us down was not having central defenders who were confident or good enough to bring the ball out. You need that now in modern football and stones can do it. City need to play him more though but pep has done well developing him.

Don’t know much about Foden. Looking forward to Sessegnon being blooded into the team fir the Euros though
You don't need that so much. It's an overrated aspect of the game. You need defenders who can defend. He can't. Jones definitely can't. Not at elite levels either. Chiellini was right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmao. Football's coming home. England in this world cup beat the mighty Tunisia with a stoppage time goal, Panama who were playing their 2nd world cup game ever and Sweden. 3 wins. 3 wins out of 7 games, as well as 3 losses.

Panama played 3, lost 3, conceded 11. World Class England:D

As an aside.

England in the red shirts with WHITE shorts looked fantastic.

I dot like the FIFA directive that they prefer one colour full in a strip.

Eg Australia looks much much better with the green shorts.

Brazil needs the blue shorts with the canary shirt.

Holland (when they qualify again) in orange with white shorts works.

Final kits:

France in all blue kits and goal keeper in Gold / Yellow.

Croatia their traditional checker board red and white with white shorts. i think goal keeper will be in green.

Referees in Turquoise shirt.

English punditry saying how well Stones was... but watching it he let Lukaku go twice and should have been scored on and another horrible attempted that De Bruyne got a shot on goal from. Jones on that last goal, nfi what he's going. He isn't even EPL standard let alone International.
Stones is s**t, as is Sterling. It’s why one is a bench player at City already and the other one will be this season.

I thought Lukaku and Kane overall both had s**t tournaments. Lukaku’s much praised game against Brazil, all he did was go for a run, took too long to release the ball and got tackled (ball rolled perfectly to De Bruyne and then in the second half he was dribbling along the touchline with his head down, into blind alleys. It’s so obvious Hazard doesn’t like and/or rate him and I don’t blame him.

nothing wrong with it. breaks up the 3-day break between 2nd semi and final which is its intention
If "it's football to watch" is the main reason for having it, then I could easily go watch some clubs playing in pre-season friendlies. Liverpool played at the same time.

Stones is s**t, as is Sterling. It’s why one is a bench player at City already and the other one will be this season.
I'm not a Sterling fanboy for obvious reasons but at club level he's not s**t, especially since he scored 23 goals last season with a few of them being in really clutch situations. Mahrez will provide some good competition to Sane and Sterling but I'd have him 3rd in line in that pecking order in front of Bernardo Silva.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back