Autopsy vs Sydney - Rd17

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it in the GDT

It's all well and good for Jmac to kick long running goals from 50 but he disrespected Ronke by giving him acres of space the whole night

5 goals. From a waste farmer. For crying out loud

Unacceptable. Can't wait until they make a joke about it on the podcast
Either JMac is crap at taking instruction or the coaching staff are oblivious or disrespected Ronke

This

Some of the s**t Morgan did today pissed me off to no e
We got four from Maj and five from Ziebell And they had no Kennedy.
And had half a team.
And we still lost.
Poor decision making and sub afl skills.
Roll on 2019. We won't play finals now.
And Brad Scott was proud of the effort....this honourable loss crap and no grand final appearance in what will be a 12 year coaching stint beggars belief

Five and half hours later and I'm still seething over that last four minutes after Jacks goal.

*******. Seething.
Really was amateur hour once we got 7 points up, and apparently we have trained such situations over and over lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What saying the umpires carried you? If you don’t think you had the rub of the green you’re deluded? Or the fact I enjoyed seeing that a select few of the North fans that I was seated near got a bit of karma for the less. They were arrogant, rude and down right s**t football fans.

Pull your head out of ur ass
On ya bike tom,DICK,harry..whatever your name is.

Good game of football. Could have gone either way.

Disappointing but it is not the end of the season.

If Goldy played as well as it seemed on TV, then his trade value just went up like a rocket.

Zak Jones is the type of player who normally destroys us, but he seemed vanilla tonight. Good coaching? I don't know but somebody deserves to take credit for that.

Higgins is the best footballer I have seen in blue and white since the halcyon days. Whatever that means. He was supreme yet again.

Don't know who the new kid is but he will learn a very valuable lesson from that woeful kick into F50 in the late stages of the game. Or he will be on the scrapheap quicksmart. I hope it is the former.

Brayshaw, I love you mate, but we need to have a talk...

That is all.

Well, we had a crack, however, we got sucked into dumb football way too often. Some of the defensive efforts were horrific, a number of players s**t themselves defensively and just go to ground way too easily.

I am sure it was entertaining for neutrals, but we aren't here to entertain neutrals and lose. Even when we got back in front playing this suicidal footy late in the game, something like 2 or 3 minutes left, we couldn't conjure some defensive efforts or slow the pace down or switch the ball and run out the clock. Similar to the rubbish against Essendon.

We need more injection of class; having Hrovat, Morgan, Dumont, McDonald and Clarke running around is just killing us atm. These guys either are good with the ball and get * all of it, or are shithouse with the ball so it's pointless how much they get it. Dumont 0 tackles. Clarke 1 tackle. McDonald 0 tackles. Atley, the fastest man alive, can't catch anyone. ZERO tackles.

Macmillan can't defend, we might as well kept Boomer and had him line up at full back because being able to kill a contest or be within a mile of your opponent doesn't seem to be a requirement for some of our defenders.

On the plus side; Brown, Ziebell and Daw looked good up forward. Goldy had a really good game but disappointed the way he rucked in the last few minutes. Ahern has been really pleasing since coming into the side.

We still need a lot of work over the pre-season, we should start considering giving some potentials a crack for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really ***** off with our last quarter today. 2 goals up at 3/4 time, we let them kick the first 4 goals. Then we fight back to get a 7 point lead with less than 3 minutes to go, but somehow let them get the momentum back and win.

This is the type of game we lose 4-5 years ago, we should be much better than that now and should have easily iced it.

After we got 7 points up, JZ, our captain, marks 52m from goal with 3 minutes left. Instead of going back and taking his 30 seconds before either having a shot or putting it long to the point post (to force a throw in and a chance to lock it in our f50), he plays on and centres it to Higgins.

Higgins, our vc, then also decides to play on and give it to a kid in his first game. He could have spotted up Brown or Daw as they had space in front of them.

Morgan then also plays on from his mark, runs to 50 (could have run another 5-6 metres) and just kicks it to the top of the square to a 4-2 outnumber.

We then let Sydney clear it out unopposed and kick 2 goals 1 behind almost without us touching the ball.

Horrible loss and really deflating. As I said, really ****** annoyed with this one.
Share your pain. This is the stuff that I thought Brad Soctt once said about four or five years ago that we would fix. Would love to know the amount of games we've lost by a goal or less during his tenure.

Really was amateur hour once we got 7 points up, and apparently we have trained such situations over and over lol

Whats baffling is that we did manage that really well in the bulldogs game, you can tell the gameplan changed dramatically for that situation and it worked. In this game we didn't. We just played as if there was 30 seconds left when really the game was in our hands to burn time and ice the game with controlled footy.

Just finished watching the replay, and having thought Tarrant has not looked 100% for 2-3 weeks, i noticed in the pre-game footage of the boys warming up in the rooms, he has haematoma behind his left knee about the size of my fist, kind of explains his latest form a bit i reckon.
Now explain Simpkin.....this kid has struggled IMHO.

Last edited:
Good game of football. Could have gone either way.

Disappointing but it is not the end of the season.

If Goldy played as well as it seemed on TV, then his trade value just went up like a rocket.

Zak Jones is the type of player who normally destroys us, but he seemed vanilla tonight. Good coaching? I don't know but somebody deserves to take credit for that.

Higgins is the best footballer I have seen in blue and white since the halcyon days. Whatever that means. He was supreme yet again.

Don't know who the new kid is but he will learn a very valuable lesson from that woeful kick into F50 in the late stages of the game. Or he will be on the scrapheap quicksmart. I hope it is the former.

Brayshaw, I love you mate, but we need to have a talk...

That is all.
Brayshaw can gagf

You had to be in Etihad to capture the sheer excitement that was the Majak, Jack and BBB show. I’m devastated that we lost but it was a great game. Unfortunately, LMac and Ryan Clarke are momentum killers for us. I had no issue with Morgan or Hrovat. They did their bit. This thread bears no resemblance to the general reaction of the North supporter base. Loads of toddlers on here unable to stomach their medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I acknowledge the excitement of Maj, JZ and BBB today and the spectacle of the match however but it's the many winnable games like today that we have lost is a medicine I'm sick of taking.

Why go all out to scrap into 8th spot (which is only marginally better than finishing mid-table 9th or 10th) when we are no where near a chance to even get close in a Elimination final? Will be irresponsible and short sided from the club because I garentee that strategy would mean not getting any games into Mkay, Walker, Nelison, Xerri etc.

We still have a ton of work to do to shape this list into anything remotely a challenger. Don't let the competitiveness of this season fool you. We are still years off. Need to think long term.

Because winners win. I'm not advocating risking the health of our players (except perhaps final year players like Waite if they want to risk it that's fine) but finals experience is good experience.

Think of hawthorn in 08. We humiliated them in 07 and I think they just learnt from it. No reason we can't be pushing for a flag within 3 years so let's get some experience.

Besides, if we make it we push likely Melbourne to 9th. And that's just funny.

And..... we're 12 premiership points plus percentage from top spot. To read the negativity at times is hard to swallow.
And a pretty steep hill to climb - we need at least 4 wins out of the next 6 to even get a look in to possibly even tap the team in top spot on the shoulder - yeah this is hard to swallow especially when an opportunity like today slips away. Frustration builds this negativity because it appears that most at the helm just accept mediocrity. Our coach has not taken us higher than 6th at the end of a home and away season in his tenure. And even by some type of miracle we scrape in, we'll say what a fine job Brad's done - have another two years to work with this group and the cycle begins again....

Have a look at Lachie Whitfield at GWS to see a natural wingman sacrificing his game for the team to go back to a HBF and dominating.

If you have the talent and application it's not a problem.

Whitfield and McDonald are two very different players so I don’t see your point. Whitfield is a Pure outside player with elite skill. The guy suits and always would suit the hbf role he currently is playing. Im more saying I think Lmac needs to be a crash and bash player as that’s imo using his best strengths and we saw a glimpse of it last year.

And Brad Scott was proud of the effort....this honourable loss crap and no grand final appearance in what will be a 12 year coaching stint beggars belief
What Scott says in a mandatory post-match presser and behind a closed doors conference might be two different things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back