Status
Not open for further replies.
If we walked out of the trade/draft period with:
Lloyd
Brodie
Dahlhous
Wallis
Walsh/Lukosius/Rankine

And the inclusions of our injured, plus another preason into the kids, i would go as far as saying there will be no blow outs next year. We would become very competitive all across the park.

Add Shiel the following year and another gun or 2 with our 2019 and 2020 1st and we will be looking hard to beat.

Club had little choice. If we had publicly advocated for a PP, every decision and outcome for the rest of this year would be viewed and judged through a prism of doubt and tanking would be raised by every troll in every forum that is football related.

We have released that pressure valve, nothing says we cannot revisit the decision post season

Not really. Now the media are coming out and talking about us getting a priority pick even more.

We should've just kept quiet imo. We don't have to feed those trolls a damn thing.

In today's Herald Sun it says the AFL is powerless to grant Carlton a PP unless it receives a formal submission from the club.
So, end of story.
We cannot be given a PP unless we request one.
The AFL convenently forgetting that they are able to hand out PP's at their own discretion.

If we walked out of the trade/draft period with:
Lloyd
Brodie
Dahlhous
Wallis
Walsh/Lukosius/Rankine

And the inclusions of our injured, plus another preason into the kids, i would go as far as saying there will be no blow outs next year. We would become very competitive all across the park.

Add Shiel the following year and another gun or 2 with our 2019 and 2020 1st and we will be looking hard to beat.

Wallis is a goer. But he's not fast and he's not a reliable kick. If we can get him cheap I'm not opposed though.

I doubt we'll be taking 2 fa's from the Dogs.

Brodie will cost us a second rounder. I'd prefer to take that pick to the draft. I also don't like the idea of #1 for #3 + Brodie. I'd rather we get to take who we want of the top 3 of the draft than to take whatever GC leave behind just to bring in another young big body mid who isn't a reliable kick.

J.Lloyd would be a good get. I reckon #26 should get the job done, others think we'd need to give up #19 (if we get the pp) or #23.

Wallis is a goer. But he's not fast and he's not a reliable kick. If we can get him cheap I'm not opposed though.

I doubt we'll be taking 2 fa's from the Dogs.

Brodie will cost us a second rounder. I'd prefer to take that pick to the draft. I also don't like the idea of #1 for #3 + Brodie. I'd rather we get to take who we want of the top 3 of the draft than to take whatever GC leave behind just to bring in another young big body mid who isn't a reliable kick.

J.Lloyd would be a good get. I reckon #26 should get the job done, others think we'd need to give up #19 (if we get the pp) or #23.

Both Wallis and Dahlhous would dramatically improve our list. Major major upgrades of O'shea, Mullet, Graham etc. I don't see both as long term prospects. 4 years maybe.

Adding brodie is a good idea. Boy is talented and loves the contest. Adding brodie to Cripps, kennedy and Wallis would skyrocket our inside game. People are calling out for Cripps to be saved, here's a way.

Dahlhous and Lloyd are creative types. Happily pay pick 19 (if we get a pp) for Lloyd.

We would be lacking in midfield speed but our contested ball in the middle and our backline would become a weapon. As SOS said, a rebuild takes time.

You then take either Walsh/Lukosius/Rankine with pick 1 then put them in the forward line for 2019 and ease them in.

The speed will come but think it wont be there until 2020.

On another thread I suggested that if somebody here on Carlton BF knows how to start a petition to urge the club to reconsider their stance regarding a PP, we would probably get hundreds if not thousands of signatures. I believe we as supporters and members may feel we are being let down by the club if they don't at least attempt to make an application. There is talk that they have already applied and been knocked back, but I am skeptical of this, and if so the club should have divulged this already to their members. Surprisingly, a lot of media are behind us in this requesting a PP. We really are in the pits, and IMO need special assistance from the AFL. If GCS get one and we don't all hell will break loose. That's my 2 cents worth.

Yep, just what we need: a member's petition to second guess the administration. :rolleyes:

The media will respond maturely to that one.

Stick fat, you heard the man.

You obviously missed what Gerard Whateley said.

Something along the lines of 'there will be mutiny if Carlton get a PP'
Yeah but Whateley did not say anything when Geelong (his team ) got pick 19 compo pick for Motlop!!! A cooked up deal by the afl to compensate G.C.17 for the loss of Ablett. No way Motlop would have been worth that without Ablett/GC involved........I bet Whateley did not bring pressure on the AFL for doing that......sanctimonious bastard!!!:mad:

Any PP we may or may not receive after applying or not applying for one, only has real value to us if it is directly after our first pick, meaning a PP number 2. An end of first round PP pick, becomes, after other club compensation picks and bidding on academy players is done, mid 20's I would reckon anyway. An end of first round PP loses any real value in this scenario.
Not so, because the club could use it to help with a deal for Wallis or Dalhaus.........it does have a purpose when used for trading something in..........

Yep, just what we need: a member's petition to second guess the administration. :rolleyes:

The media will respond maturely to that one.

Stick fat, you heard the man.

Who cares what the media say, the board are acting irresponsibly if they don't apply for a pick out of pride... I'd sign that thing in a second. If it's a pick 2, then it's a complete game changer, if it's a pick 19 (much more likely) then it's still a really valuable chess piece for SOS to use.

I don't give a Hairy Nosed Wombat's Toss Bag what Gerard Whateley thinks.

If we don't apply for a priority pick I will mutiny!

FFS!
Why would there be mutiny? Brisbane got one in 2016 because they won only 34 games in the 2012-2016 period. We are tracking to win only 25 games in the 2015-2018 period.
Go figure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry it was never publicly stated. The club asked the AFL quietly about it, told categorically we wouldn't receive one this year due to the two things I mentioned. Club then used this information as a sort of rallying cry for members/players. If anything it's actually improved our odds of getting a PP as media pundits are bringing it up at every opportunity.

I won't touch the Damien Barrett stuff because if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all. I can see why the AFL could/would make a decision regarding a PP half way through the season given the reasons for the denial are not subject to change (e.g we still have future picks this year and we still traded B Gibbs last year).

Lloyd is a target
Not sure how the AFL can use future picks as a reason to not give a PP as Gibbs was not willingly traded out of the club .
We clearly made the best of a situation we didnt want to be in .
He asked 2 years running and he's clearly left a hole in our midfield .
If a club willingly trades players out for future picks then thats different .
Id suggest if we were just about any other club then the stance from the numpty's at AFL house would be somewhat different .

Not sure how the AFL can use future picks as a reason to not give a PP as Gibbs was not willingly traded out of the club .
Id suggest if we were just about any other club then the stance from the numpty's at AFL house would be somewhat different .

AFL can decide to give a pp. Of course, we'd have been better off shutting up and waiting till the season ended before deciding whether to apply or not...

Not really. Now the media are coming out and talking about us getting a priority pick even more.

We should've just kept quiet imo. We don't have to feed those trolls a damn thing.

We did that in 2006/2007 and yet the media still had us playing the Gibbs/Kreuzer cups and relentless bullshit every single day about tanking yada yada yada

We clearly asked they AFL, they clearly said no at the time..we got on the front foot which gave the club an air of strength and resilience and saved the tanking bullshit debate for the AFL rearing it’s head again.

No one thought we’d be this shit with a pretty soft backend draw, we get to the end of the season evaluate everything and make an impartial decision in the cold light of day based on the facts.

Media talk will put pressure on the AFL, not us.

The AFL can offer a PP without a submission, despite what is being written in the paper. It is purely an attempt to try and get our club to make more comment on the situation, which is thankfully not happening.

For once the club all seem to be working together on the same target with the same level of commitment.

If the Lloyd we are targeting that tencentpiece was referring to is the list manager of Freo, the little discussion between SOS and dickhead-Lloyd on Footy Classified about personal conflicts may have something to do with it...

This really intrigued me, one of the Lloyds got quite far in our last coaching process so the club must like him, if it’s the same one, Caro mentioned he was linked and SOS gave Mathew a barb in relation to his brother.

I wonder if he knows something.

I don't mind the idea of getting brodie/scrimshaw from GC but only for the right price.

My prime worry with Brodie is do he have enough speed in view of having kennedy/crippa/sps and his disposal.

If you get Brodie then can you also get Wallis who if being judged as a pure midfielder I view as a slightly better skilled Ed.

Dahlhaus I don't have a problem with because he kicks goals and is quick.

Think we should look at some of those uncontracted Tiger shrimps.

The AFL does what it wants, when it wants and is influenced by those with the largest voice. Having said that you can never argue with city hall so letting our performance and the media do our bidding is a good strategy.

If we agree the AFL want to provide GCS with a PP then we must must finish below them.

You won’t be worried if Cripps hasn’t re-signed by this time next year?
As much as i love him. If we are to become a great football team, we cannot be so reliant on 1 or 2 of our players. If he decides to leave it will be sad but id wish him well.

We would be compensated handsomely if he did decide to walk. Clearly he is worth 2 top 10 picks. Id suggest 1 of them would need to be top 5. Yes, picks automatically wont fill the void. He is a champion.

Sad yes. But you wish him well and focus on the future ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back