Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should get back on track. Maybe the best way to deal with Cartlon trolls is to compare current member numbers? That is what the thread is about. Membership numbers.
Richmond 100,000 > Carlton 55,244
oof

Interesting to look back on opinions when the club's 3-0-75 plan was revealed in 2010.

The goal of zero debt didn't prompt any protests while three finals series was seen as bit of a stretch, but the ambition that caused the most offence was 75,000 members.
The only way they'll achieve 75,000 members is if they merge. Same goes for pretty much all clubs. 75k is unrealistic.
But really....75k members?? why not 60? or even 50? I think they will fall short on this one
75,000 members and laying off a $4 million debt would be staggering
As Dr Turf stated this morning on SEN, there's a fine line between ambition and delusion. The Tigers may have just tripped over it.
Best laugh I've had all week... I would cringe if Eugene Arocca proposed such ridiculously unrealistic goals.
It's great to have these big audacious goals, but come on, 75,000 members, that's going to take some doing.
Even for a club with a strong passionate supporter base like the Tigers, 75,000 members seems extremely optimistic.
If you tear your membership in half, does that count as two ?? If so 75K is very doable.
75k members - Clubs will be doing well to maintain their membership levels over the next five years as discretionary spending in Australia is likely to decrease. I'll eat my hat if Richmond has 75,000 season ticket holders.
75k members??? why make stupid unattianable goals like that for?
3 finals 0 debt and 75k members they are just setting themselves up for failure.

Brendon Gale and the club have done marvellous things. Eat a big bag of tiger dicks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast are worth more than Pies as far as I know, Swans also have the biggest reach according to the surveys

Big four is something that is only really brought up by the big four
They're interstaters. Hardly fair when you're essentially the only team in town for ages. Freo and GWS obviously there now, but they started too far back to ever have legitimacy as being "the Team".

Did not take me long at all!! But
at the end of the game there will be a lot more black and white.

Oh and yes I’m sure their will be more Richmond supporters at the game it a home game for Christ sake. If it was Collingwood’s home game this week Collingwood would outnumber Richmond 2:1. Not hard to work out

Ah no. When we played you earlier in the year for YOUR home game, you were sitting 5th on the ladder and went into the game winning 3 in a row and the pathetic turnout by your army (lol) was embarrassing. We outnumbered you, for YOUR home game. The only reason that game didn't get 80k plus was the lack of pies supporters at the game. Had it been the Bombers home game for example, i have no doubt it would of got 80k minimum, they are a bigger club than the Pies i have no doubt. How's the 100k Richmond members? Now that's the REAL ARMY.

They're interstaters. Hardly fair when you're essentially the only team in town for ages. Freo and GWS obviously there now, but they started too far back to ever have legitimacy as being "the Team".
Who cares about fair, its the truth

I can taste some of that GF salt coming back - Yummy
Amazing effort - Now Ill just sit back and chuckle at the opposition

For not wanting to read mindless drivel, are all 100,000 paid up in some way? Or are there email subscriptions like Adelaide...

Why did the other thread get moved?

In light of those who berated the OP’s thread with light hearted banter along the lines that it would never happen, the move back to the MB warrants the opportunity for those in the thread who disagreed to eat humble pie.

So if Richmond get 30-40,000 Tigers fans along to every game, what are the other 60-70,000 "members" doing every weekend ?

Serious question.

A similar question could be asked of every other club, but nobody else craps on about their "membership" like Richmond fans.
The Tigers seem to have a larger number of absent members than every other club, so I'm genuinely curious.

Who are these people? Where are they all? What do they do on the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back