Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big four is something that is only really brought up by the big four

Crowds above 60K this year

Crowd|Hm|Aw
\ 91,440 | Co | Es
\ 90,151 | Ri | Ca
\83,518|Me| Co
\ 81,046 | Es | Ri
\77,071|Me| Ri
\73,189|Ge|Ha
\ 72,157 | Co | Ri
\70,701| Ri |Ha
\ 69,868 | Es | Co
\ 68,548 | Ca | Co
The Big Four... keeping the lights on so the minnows can play.

Wanna have another go or?

btblv1a.jpg

2014 was your record year, for those playing at home 79347 < 80000

Not like my club to lie :)

http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-08-16/magpies-hit-80k

Lol more members than every other club pit together. We may as well run the AFL from here on out. First task fold all interstate clubs and spread the players between Vic clubs

As much as I hate the Tigers, 100,000 members is a great milestone even if they have fudged it up a little with cats, dogs and bunnies.

Relax minnow. No pet memberships or the like are allowed in the membership tally. Where is there any fact that we are counting pet memberships? Is this your jealousy in hoping this can't be true that the Mighty Tiges have now hit 100k?

Interesting to look back on opinions when the club's 3-0-75 plan was revealed in 2010.

The goal of zero debt didn't prompt any protests while three finals series was seen as bit of a stretch, but the ambition that caused the most offence was 75,000 members.
"The motto stands for playing finals three times, having zero debt and signing 75,000 members within the next five years."
0 debt easily done.
3 finals (took 1 extra year)
Hit 70k in that 6th year too, 75k didnt get hit until the 8th year.

"With a vision for 2020 that they return not just to being one of the top four Victorian clubs, but the top Victorian club."
With 2 years to spare. Ez.

"3 flags by 2020"
This will be very hard. But a chance.

Not bad for some very ambitious goals considering where we were in 2010. Had only 37k members when that plan came out and that was after Cousins joined us which boosted us up from only 30k the previous year.
Im sure pretty much the entire AFL community had a bit of a giggle when they saw another 5 year plan being announced, especially one with such lofty goals.

I am not sure how it works but I am under the impression that West Coasts membership numbers are capped due to available seating in their stadium but they have a huge waiting list. If this is true then seems strange that any Vic club should be able to go as high as we have. That said 100k is a fantastic effort.

If we can manage to go back to back then get ready for even higher numbers

So if Richmond get 30-40,000 Tigers fans along to every game, what are the other 60-70,000 "members" doing every weekend ?

Serious question.

A similar question could be asked of every other club, but nobody else craps on about their "membership" like Richmond fans.
The Tigers seem to have a larger number of absent members than every other club, so I'm genuinely curious.

Who are these people? Where are they all? What do they do on the weekend?

Well, some of us work, some of us live in the country, some members live out of the country, some live interstate, others have family commitments and others sometimes are just happy to sit down and relax at home.
What a very immature, Melbourne centric, nieve view to life and football you have.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relax minnow. No pet memberships or the like are allowed in the membership tally. Where is there any fact that we are counting pet memberships? Is this your jealousy in hoping this can't be true that the Mighty Tiges have now hit 100k?
Lol learn to take a joke champ. It was a congratulatory post with tongue-in-cheek humour.

You are a classless clown.

So if Richmond get 30-40,000 Tigers fans along to every game, what are the other 60-70,000 "members" doing every weekend ?

Serious question.

A similar question could be asked of every other club, but nobody else craps on about their "membership" like Richmond fans.
The Tigers seem to have a larger number of absent members than every other club, so I'm genuinely curious.

My mum is 80 she watches on tv and my sister and her husband do kids sport and work. There's 3 members not attending for eg.

now now, no need to feel inferior and lie, it was audited by the AFL and was less than 80k

Hardly a lie, I didn’t realise it had been revised down.

Did not take me long at all!! But
at the end of the game there will be a lot more black and white.

Oh and yes I’m sure their will be more Richmond supporters at the game it a home game for Christ sake. If it was Collingwood’s home game this week Collingwood would outnumber Richmond 2:1. Not hard to work out
Like Round 6 ? Poor turn out for a blockbuster, what was it like in Fitzroy's day? Surely you would know?

Serious question.

Well me personally, I lived four-hours away from Melbourne, currently going to Uni and would rather watch the game with my family.

Serious question.

I can only answer for myself and my kids that have memberships I work every weekend and live a couple of hundred k's from Melbourne so I don't get to games but am a member so I assume there are probably a lot of people who want to support the club but can't go to games. If I can't get to games my kids can't either.

For not wanting to read mindless drivel, are all 100,000 paid up in some way? Or are there email subscriptions like Adelaide...
All ticketed members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back