Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slobodan ImaBomberBitch: why can't he go to the dogs ?

Obama: Yes he can. There's no law against it.

Slobodan ImaBomberBitch: why can't he go to Essendon ?

Slobodan ImaBomberBitch: why can't he go to Carlton ?

Slobodan ImaBomberBitch: He's not. HE'S GOING TO THE BEST TEAM IN THE COMPETITION. THAT IS NOT FREE AGENCY IN THE AFL.

Obama: because he is FREE to make HIS own choice. He's not a dumbass like you thinking going to Carlton is a GOOD idea. He'll nominate where HE wants to go and not where YOU tell him to go.

Joel is well ensconced working with indigenous kids in central Aust , I’d doubt we ll see him return to the big smoke , interesting what path Jacko takes , doesn’t seem like a footy head to me

Joel won’t leave the NT. Not sure what DJ does but was interesting seeing him sitting with the Gales at the GF

There needs to be cap restrictions for teams that win fewer than 5 games. Make it harder on clubs that do what Carlton do, which is delist and trade away a whole starting lineup for magic beans at the draft.

What’s forgotten about in US draft sports is that it’s expected that you try to win and recruit and trade appropriately for the future but also the coming season. They’d laugh a team like Carton right out of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree, Philly made an art form of tanking. It’s a weird one in the NBA, most of the media think it’s in the best interest of a team to tank if they are awful. But it’s also easier to turn a team around when you’ve got 5 guys on the court, as one hit will make your team competitive and two (Simmons and Embiid) make you a threat to go deep in playoffs.

Disagree, Philly made an art form of tanking. It’s a weird one in the NBA, most of the media think it’s in the best interest of a team to tank if they are awful. But it’s also easier to turn a team around when you’ve got 5 guys on the court, as one hit will make your team competitive and two (Simmons and Embiid) make you a threat to go deep in playoffs.

Yeah, direct comparisons are very hard. Even with NFL. Get a great QB or running back and you're a much better side. You need to get a Judd to have something similar in the AFL. And you are getting kids here. Over there they are already mature and effectively professional athletes.

Slobbo seriously has no idea. There is no limit on NFL teams signing any free agents they have a system similar to the AFL with restricted and non restricted free agents with a shorter time frame to become free agents. Maybe he would be an advocate of the franchise tag for Tom to be forced to stay on the GC even though I'm sure he would have no idea what that even is. And I'm 100% certain the intricacies of the NBA soft salary cap would be way over Robbo's head such as the Bird Rule, Luxury Tax etc etc. How he has a job as the chief football writer and on television is incredulous. He should be seated alongside that nuffie in the Essendon cheer squad with the red black and damn proud banner and starting that We are Essendon rubbish chant
Hahaha I went to school with that bloke!

I cannot stand Whately, he is good at what he does but he has used his role on SEN & 360 to push his agenda re: zones etc.
I bet he’s getting paid handsomely for it too.
This is a television network driven agenda make no mistake.

I bet he’s getting paid handsomely for it too.
This is a television network driven agenda make no mistake.

I can’t see why fox sports would give a *. They are subscription and no adds in play. Works beautifully for them if seven can’t turn a profit off free to air games.

I can’t see why fox sports would give a ****. They are subscription and no adds in play. Works beautifully for them if seven can’t turn a profit off free to air games.

Newscorp invested a fair chunk into it and they do have the rights to sell one Saturday game weekly.
But mostly I was reading where Newscorp acknowledge that the majority of people who subscribe to foxtel do so to access unlimited AFL and it’s dropped right off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs that Knobbo's dumbness knows no bounds.

He tried to defend himself last night by referring to Dimmas statement about FA 4 or 5 years ago and saying he'd backflipped or wasn't being consistent now.

Um, defending a player's integrity whilst they explore a concept or rule that they are entitled to ie Free Agency is a lot different to saying you endorse FA.

Hardwick didn't say this week that FA was "great" etc etc. he just highlighted a fwit second rate journo had no right to question a bloke's integrity whilst exploring FA.

Huge difference that this moron clearly can't understand.

There needs to be cap restrictions for teams that win fewer than 5 games. Make it harder on clubs that do what Carlton do, which is delist and trade away a whole starting lineup for magic beans at the draft.

What’s forgotten about in US draft sports is that it’s expected that you try to win and recruit and trade appropriately for the future but also the coming season. They’d laugh a team like Carton right out of the league.

Only wish...

i nearly spat my whisky across the room seeing Casboults name in here.

Guy i think we should have a look at is Peter Wright. Back up Ruck and a genuine big who can mark and take has a good kicking technique. Wont be cheap, especially if Lynch goes - but we have assets & I doubt he would be happy there.

Our reliance of Toby Nank is crazy, i don't think there is another team that you would consider a contender that has such a gaping hole in a position that you need to definitely name a certain type of player in.

If Lynch is not coming to Richmond which i believe our club should know by now i would be hoping we have considered or had a word with Adam Tomlinson
This guy would take our Running game to another level.

Himmelberg is also a player i really wanted last year and nothing has changed my opinion , The kid is a very very good footballer and i can only see him improving even further in our line up
With the exception of the posts putting faith in the talls already on our list, this is the only post so far that's made sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back