On Current Form....Should Cotchin Be Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

And shows you dont understand Cotchins game isnt about disposal numbers. Have you watched any Richmond footy in the last 2 years?
Your game is numbers if you play midfield and only midfield.

Hypothetically if he had a 7 touch game but as long as he had tackles, pressure acts, 1%'ers etc......everything is good?

I don't think so.

Hypothetically if had a 7 touch game but as long as he had tackles, pressure acts, 1%'ers etc......everything is good?

I don't think so.

The entire Richmond trademark is built on pressure acts as their game plan is built upon the curious notion of not actually gaining first possession (as highlighted by those midfield stats).

IMO, this runs contrary to the spirit of the game. It's a parasitical "seagull" brand of football. Harass an opposition that earns first possession, then all bolt off when the hot chip has been secured.

Hypothetically if had a 7 touch game but as long as he had tackles, pressure acts, 1%'ers etc......everything is good?

I don't think so.
He didnt tho, did he? Theres a difference between barely touching the ball and having 19 touches.
Cotchin had the 3rd most touches for Richmond, so your argument even from your point of view is dumb.

He had 20 in the QF last year but was the 2nd best player on the ground. Thats why I say his game isnt abut numbers. Anyone that actually watched footy would understand that.

The entire Richmond trademark is built on pressure acts as their game plan is built upon the curious notion of not actually gaining first possession (as highlighted by those midfield stats).

IMO, this runs contrary to the spirit of the sport. It's "seagull" football. Harass an opposition that earns first possession, then all bolt off when the hot chip has been secured.
Each comment you write just gets dumber and dumber. Seriously dude.

What a lot of you blokes don't understand is coaches are putting a lot of time into nullifying the effectiveness of our midfield. They are setting up to combat inside 50's from our stellar rotation.

Dimma has made a genius-level move to ensure our guns stay injury free whilst still winning games.

He has instructed our midfielders not to touch the ball again until finals. The boys are just traveling through there and getting 20 odd, just enough so it's not too obvious they are taking the piss.

Hypothetically if he had a 7 touch game but as long as he had tackles, pressure acts, 1%'ers etc......everything is good?

I don't think so.
WTF is this hypothetical crap........Delete thread, this discussion has no merit, and I really dont know why I'm wasting my time responding to this "Hypothetical crap"

lol.
He was almost single handedly holding them off towards the end, 43 pressure acts?, 9 tackles, and was fighting at the bottom of every pack doing what a captain should.
His selfless attitude and leadership on and off the field is one of the main reasons we're reigning premiers and sitting on top of the ladder.
Needs more sideways kicks and handballs lol.

Probably Richmond's best midfielder, easily their best contested midfielder.

But the following numbers for the past month don't make for good reading for a player who isn't getting tagged....

fwKJ3tr.png

No he was one of our best tonight. 16 kicks, 9 tackles and a goal.

Champion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thread does actually have merit.

The opposition mids had a complete picnic.

View attachment 537488

Apparently picnicking doesn’t win you games! Good thing our blokes were focused on winning the game. I bet we would’ve been able to have a better chance at having a picnic with our missing premiership picnickers in. Our picnic quality goes through the roof when the meatballs are around!!

lol.
He was almost single handedly holding them off towards the end, 43 pressure acts?, 9 tackles, and was fighting at the bottom of every pack doing what a captain should.
His selfless attitude and leadership on and off the field is one of the main reasons we're reigning premiers and sitting on top of the ladder.
Needs more sideways kicks and handballs lol.
And had the 3rd highest touches for the team. Seriously lmao.
Either OP is biased or didnt even bother to check the rest of our teams disposals numbers in those games,. Last week our highest was 22, this week only 2 over 20.

Either way s**t thread OP. Do some research.

And nothing to do with their front running mids? Who cant defend the other way....man, have a real good look
Think of this what you will, but you beat the Cats in almost every aspect of the game tonight and in the end you were probably lucky to get the points, same as last week against Collingwood, Collingwood were all over you IMO until being 2 down kicked in.

Fact is you're not in sparkling form, who knows, maybe you're going through a heavy training load knowing top 4 is sewn up, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Well at least someone mentioned a goal......because everything else has been 'pressure acts & tackles'.

I assume you think he should keep his spot in the team?
3rd most touches for Richmond, = most tackles in the game, 3rd most clearances for Richmond and a goal. Also 16 kicks, only 1 player in the game had more than 19.
Do you think he should keep his spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back