Unofficial Preview Changes v Brisbane (out: Moore, Brown, Daicos; in: JDG, Aish, Ox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeGoody

Rookie
Jul 28, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to argue with that. Like the inclusions.
Moore and Brown the obvious outs... Daicos stiff but not sure who else could go out, maybe Murray or Mayne..

Would look at playing Mihochek back and DeGoey up forward. There is only 1cm difference in height.

Greenwood runs with Zorko.

B - Langdon Mihochek Madgen
HB - Maynard Howe Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - Varcoe DeGoey WHE
F - Thomas Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Greenwood
INT - Sier Mayne Murray Phillips

Think that is spot on. From this team Only Reid or goldsack(for madgen) Appleby (for Murray) treloar For (Mayne or Sier) could possibly come in.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Assuming Howe won't play, I'd definitely go:

In: McLarty, Aish, De Goey
Out: Moore, Brown, Daicos

Reckon McLarty can also play a bit ruck which means less workload for Cox. Reckon Cox has been playing a bit under duress of late since he had a small hammy complaint after the bye rounds. Means Cox can stay up forward, and let McLarty do the backup ruck work. Gets Sammy into the game as well if he isn't impacting as a forward. Also can play McLarty back and Mihocek forward if it isn't working. Opens up some options I reckon.

Assuming Howe won't play, I'd definitely go:

In: McLarty, Aish, De Goey
Out: Moore, Brown, Daicos

Reckon McLarty can also play a bit ruck which means less workload for Cox. Reckon Cox has been playing a bit under duress of late since he had a small hammy complaint after the bye rounds. Means Cox can stay up forward, and let McLarty do the backup ruck work. Gets Sammy into the game as well if he isn't impacting as a forward. Also can play McLarty back and Mihocek forward if it isn't working. Opens up some options I reckon.

I 100% agree with those Changes.

So you Play Cox as Permant Forward and McLarty plays the 2nd Tall and 2nd Ruck?

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think that is spot on. From this team Only Reid or goldsack(for madgen) Appleby (for Murray) treloar For (Mayne or Sier) could possibly come in.

If Moore can get his hammy right in time for finals (should we get in) he will come in as well.

Treloar, Moore, Goldsack in for Madgen, Murray & Mayne.

Mihochek and Reid fighting for the same spot for mine. At this stage I would have Mihochek stay in.

hollyfasolo

Senior List
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Moore can get his hammy right in time for finals (should we get in) he will come in as well.

Mihochek and Reid fighting for the same spot for mine. At this stage I would have Mihochek stay in.

Reid can always play key defence. Mihochek is better forward at present i would say

DeGoody

Rookie
Jul 28, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

You can't play Moore. He can't get through a game & we can't play him in a final were he leaves us one short down back. Have to put a line through him.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can't play Moore. He can't get through a game & we can't play him in a final were he leaves us one short down back. Have to put a line through him.
Exactamundo, no way he plays a final, IMO even next year he needs to get through pre season and play 3-4 VFL games before being considered, his injuries this year have cost us at least 2 games IMO.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
He's lost us two games with inaccurate kicking at goal. His earliest games were pretty ordinary. His latest games have been okay but he still doesn't do a lot.

Garbage... Was in the top 8 on field ahead of Sidebottom, Pendlebury and a host of others.
How about blaming the loss on the fact our two most decorated leaders had 1 clearance between them for the entire match when their ruckman dominated.

How about blaming the loss on the fact our two most decorated leaders had 1 clearance between them for the entire match when their ruckman dominated.
I give credit to the Swan taggers, (Heeney and Parker to name a couple) and it just meant Adams was freed up.
Their lack of clearances didn't cost us the game, skill errors, (including goal kicking) did IMO.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood

Not sure.

I don't mind the look of a backline with Reid, Goldsack, Howe and Langdon. Mihocek plays forward, where he has been most effective so far this year. If Moore by miracle is right, he maybe takes Goldsack's spot, but I don't think we'll see Moore again this year. He'll need a full month to recover from the hammy and then VFL games.

We only have 3 AFL games left, so reckon he is fit by the time of the first week of the finals but will need to play VFL to get match fitness. If we win first week of finals, hard to see us making too many changes at that point,.

I'm not a huge Langdon fan, but he is pretty much the only member of the defence that has been a constant there all year. Everyone else has been injured, so can't seem them dropping him.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
I give credit to the Swan taggers, (Heeney and Parker to name a couple) and it just meant Adams was freed up.
Their lack of clearances didn't cost us the game, skill errors, (including goal kicking) did IMO.

So you would lay more blame on that loss towards Mayne than Sidebottom?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you would lay more blame on that loss towards Mayne than Sidebottom?

I blamed Sidebottom straight after the game...….it didn't go down to well wicksy…….be careful.

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I still don't see the match committee making unforced changes. JDG and Howe come in, Moore and Brown come out and the deck chairs shuffle as appropriate. I don't see Daicos making way for any reason.

I still don't see the match committee making unforced changes. JDG and Howe come in, Moore and Brown come out and the deck chairs shuffle as appropriate. I don't see Daicos making way for any reason.

Real Doubt Howe will get up.

Aish be coming in

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs

Bucks sounded like Aish will also be a IN. I think Howe, JDG and Aish come in with Brown, Moore and l think Stephenson will be rested/ managed as the outs. I still dont think Howe will play though, so expecting a late withdrawal and McLarty to debut.

Jafo

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone else think Stephenson needs to be “managed” and spend some time in the twos to freshen up and get some touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back