News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this would be a gibbs-eque deal that sets us back big time for next year but might be worth it in the long term, the problem is lachie seems like a way more popular guy to our group especially to the younger guys and is way younger than gibbs

BRISBANE is trying to lure Fremantle star Lachie Neale to the Gabba.

AFL.com.au understands there is genuine interest between both parties and that Neale has raised the idea with the Dockers.

GET TO THE GAME All your finals ticketing info

He was knocked back at the first attempt.

The Lions are trying desperately to bolster a midfield that relies heavily on Dayne Beams and Dayne Zorko and are prepared to part with their first-round pick in this year's NAB AFL Draft (currently No.4) to do so.

Neale has a year to run on his contract and will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2019.

At 25, the All Australian squad member would be the perfect inside midfielder to complement's Brisbane's younger brigade of Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry and Cam Rayner.

The Lions first made enquiries about Neale when he was last out of contract two years ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like something to consider. If they're offering 4 now we might be able to nab 22 as well.

I would rather keep Neale than go after Pick 4.
He is at his prime for few years to come , very much an underrated players.
Loosing him will cause a massive deficiency in the midfield.
Pick 4 will need few years to develop and will not offer what Neal can offer now.
Just my opinion.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think off field he's very important to the club

Hope he doesn't get too big a payrise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not his biggest fan but I think off field he's very important to the club

I'm in the same boat. I value his impact off-field more. To me the deal is only tempting because it wouldn't just be Pick 4 they'd have to give up.

Either way, no way I see this happening. He loves Ross & Fyfe and isn't he marrying a Perth girl here later in the year?

Neale is a free agent next year and flies under the radar a bit in Perth. Highest possession accumulator at Fremantle.

Likely letting Freo know that leaving is a legitimate possibility and setting up for a big pay day from Freo next year (and if they don't show him the money, he will have other good options)

As for Brisbane, I wouldn't be surprised if Neale would enjoy the anonymity of an AFL footballer in QLD as opposed to having the weekly WA media BS thrust down his throat.

I'm in the same boat. I value his impact off-field more. To me the deal is only tempting because it wouldn't just be Pick 4 they'd have to give up.

Either way, no way I see this happening. He loves Ross & Fyfe and isn't he marrying a Perth girl here later in the year?
Jarrod Berry would be an exceptional get coupled with a nice pick

Wow, I'm really surprised that he isn't rated very highly by some posters here.

I watch all Freo games and he is absolutely the type of player Carlton should get.

If he's going to go by all means take pick 4 or whatever you can get but he's 25, surely if he's happy you keep him.

Pick 4 and Starcevic wouldn't be the worst trade in the world , although I've only seen that game vs WC Starcevic looked to have a pretty solid body , covered the ground well and a nice relaxed kicking action

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back