Preview Second Elimination Final – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 8th September 2018, SCG, 4.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still not completely clear on the 22 for this game but here is what I think will be named later today,
Corr is my call for the other tall defender but could be Taylor, I am still thinking experience will get the nod for this game
Griffen over Deledio as I would rather have another week for conditioning into Deledio and I think Griffen is likely to have more impact for this game
Perryman over Reid/Lloyd/Bonar for his versatility but I think I may be wrong on this but his last game he played his role well

Buntine Davis Haynes
Whitfield Corr Kennedy
Kelly Ward Sheil
TT Cameron MDB
Langdon HH Greene
Lobb Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Williams Griffen Perryman

Still not completely clear on the 22 for this game but here is what I think will be named later today,
Corr is my call for the other tall defender but could be Taylor, I am still thinking experience will get the nod for this game
Griffen over Deledio as I would rather have another week for conditioning into Deledio and I think Griffen is likely to have more impact for this game
Perryman over Reid/Lloyd/Bonar for his versatility but I think I may be wrong on this but his last game he played his role well

Buntine Davis Haynes
Whitfield Corr Kennedy
Kelly Ward Sheil
TT Cameron MDB
Langdon HH Greene
Lobb Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Williams Griffen Perryman

If they do bring in a tall down back I'd hope it would be Taylor, but I hope they don't at all to be honest, minimal changes in defence is always good.
I've had a couple of goes at putting together a team for Saturday, but there are an unually large amount of variables in play

If they do bring in a tall down back I'd hope it would be Taylor, but I hope they don't at all to be honest, minimal changes in defence is always good.
I've had a couple of goes at putting together a team for Saturday, but there are an unually large amount of variables in play
Agree but rate someone like taylor or corr above Keefe

I'm a bit frustrated that the swansare looking at bringing Reid in. I rate him and I reckon buddy and Reid along with Sinclair going forward and their smalls will push our defence

Annoying for us but a smart move I think for them.

I wonder if this is all come about with Williams playing ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Corr Taylor Keefe conundrum will be about who's the most ready lot. Corr had and shoulders above in my view but least likely to be fully fit. The coaches have that information. If Taylor is good to go, and he might be, then great. Keefe as probably as good as he can be, but I think he really needs a big matchup that isn't too quick, and there may not be one.

I've hoping for Daniels to play, his speed and enthusiasm with Langdon has worked for us. It would be at the expense if Lloyd, De Boer and ir Griffen thoygh, and I dont think it will happen.

Interesting from Luke Kelly last night that we believe we have less need to turn the ball over in the forward 50 than other teams. The reasoning being that we can move it from defence or the midfield into the 50 better than most sides. With the midfield turnover being a focus.

I'd be happy to see Daniels play some time in the finals, possibly at the expense of De Boer; he's bubbly and dynamic when he's on, but of course inconsistent as a sub 10 game player. De Boer probably gets the nod, against the miserly, niggardly, 'let's all play in the shoe-box' Swans game style.

I'd be happy to see Daniels play some time in the finals, possibly at the expense of De Boer; he's bubbly and dynamic when he's on, but of course inconsistent as a sub 10 game player. De Boer probably gets the nod, against the miserly, niggardly, 'let's all play in the shoe-box' Swans game style.
:D I like your thinking, rest him for the first few.

Pregame pub
040ec589f4103d7482add1f467956792.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elimination Final

Swans v GIANTS
Saturday, September 8 at 4:20pm
SCG

FB: Matt Buntine, Phil Davis, Harry Perryman
HB: Adam Tomlinson, Nick Haynes, Adam Kennedy
C: Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Josh Kelly
HF: Sam Reid, Harry Himmelberg, Matt de Boer
FF: Toby Greene, Jeremy Cameron, Zac Langdon
RR: Rory Lobb, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel

Interchange: Brett Deledio, Zac Williams, Jacob Hopper, Tim Taranto

In: Toby Greene, Brett Deledio, Matt de Boer, Zac Williams
Out: Jeremy Finlayson, Lachlan Keeffe, Daniel Lloyd, Aiden Bonar (omitted)

Emergencies: Aiden Bonar, Isaac Cumming, Lachlan Keeffe, Daniel Lloyd

Happy enough with that side. Toby, Zac & MdB are excellent ins. Hope Toby is not too rusty, but if he can play near his best can trouble the Swans defence setup. If he takes the offensive marking & goalkicking role, he can leave the defensive pressure role to Zac Langdon & MdB. Deledio I must admit worries me with his injury history. Fingers crossed he lasts the game - if he can provide that silky linkman between defence and offence for the whole game, then he'll be a good in. Would have liked one of Corr or Taylor, but if they're not ready then better to let them recover fully. Zaccy W will help our orange tsuanami - he, Kenners, Lachie & Tommo might just be a winning combo if they can get it right.

Happy enough with that side. Toby, Zac & MdB are excellent ins. Hope Toby is not too rusty, but if he can play near his best can trouble the Swans defence setup. If he takes the offensive marking & goalkicking role, he can leave the defensive pressure role to Zac Langdon & MdB. Deledio I must admit worries me with his injury history. Fingers crossed he lasts the game - if he can provide that silky linkman between defence and offence for the whole game, then he'll be a good in. Would have liked one of Corr or Taylor, but if they're not ready then better to let them recover fully. Zaccy W will help our orange tsuanami - he, Kenners, Lachie & Tommo might just be a winning combo if they can get it right.
All makes sense. Two things that worry me.

1. With fresh players in game injuries will make life difficult. I get we need to be bold to win it and have to take the chance.

2. Jezza seems to still be a bit down from the Andrew's incident. I think it only takes a fraction of a second's hesitation to join the contest to put him behind the game. Maybe it works itself out in time. I hope he's ready to get the balance right though.

No real surprises with selection. The only way to field a stronger team would be if Shaw and Scully were available, probably at the expense of Perryman and Reid.

Williams will be fine after a couple of runs in the NEAFL. With Toby and de Boer, it probably depends on how their game time is managed. I hope Deledio doesn't break down again.

On the lighter side, has anyone read their board? At one stage they'd convinced themselves that Davis wasn't playing! o_O Apart from that it reads like a petty cat fight.

Two surprises with the team for me, no Corr/Taylor and then Deledio over Griffen but as was explained in the report they all need at least another week although still nervous with Deledio playing
No rain forecast for the game but will it be wet and slippery with the rain during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back