Autopsy Positives and Negatives: Up the Bloody Coasters edition

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny how when we are loud and we boo it’s apparently because we know nothing, but when a vic crowd does it at the mcg they’re just passionate. I lived in Melbourne for a while in the 90’s and one of the main things I remember was the noise that used to come out of the southern stand at the MCG from the Richmond fans. They would scream “ball” anytime the opposition went near the footy whether it was holding the ball or not. Somehow, that’s fine but when we do it it’s a criminal offence.

Anyone think we can win the flag with Le Cras in the side? I thought he was one of our worst. For a veteran I thought he panicked a lot.

Venables did play OK in the last but he was our worst player by far for three quarters. Looked overwhelmed. I've argued that while in time he will be a gun, he doesn't have the tank yet.

Hopefully Shcoey will come in for Shep. I would love to see Oscar Allen come in to play as a third tall up forward as a replacement for Venners.

Thoughts?
Collingwoods transition/rebounding out of our F50 was pretty damn good, and I feel if we added another tall it will allow teams even more of an opportunity to run it out even easier.

Obviously would be benefits to have OAllen on the side (marking etc), but who's to say he wouldn't be overwhelmed also? Would prefer to have a mid/runner to add that pressure.

Venners stays IMO :)

I love you all :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say that I was surprised how clutch Ryan and Rioli were. Expected them to be quiet due to a lack of finals exposure, but was happily proved wrong. If we were missing either one of them last night we probably would have lost. Both of them have such good vision in traffic. Lookaway handballs to players in space is such a rare skill that both seem to have.

Superstars of the future.

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

+ McGoverns first quarter was absolutely monstrous. Fatboy made a few errors with his kicking (as usual) and a couple of other things but his game was solid.
+ Vardy having a crack and getting his hands dirty when Lycett wasn't.
+ Yeo is an absolute majestic contested beast :boar: Redden continues to pick up some of the Gaff slack and play a crucial role in the team.
+ Afl.priddis gave him a 4/10 (morons) but Barrass played a great game. Didn't make any errors and absolutely nullified Cox.
+ Ryan and Rioli's impact around the ground was vital. Pressure and getting some important touches when we needed helped get us over the line.
+ 7 tackles from Venables. Made several mistakes and looked out of his depth, but one thing he does do, and consistently, is tackle with intent.
+ The team as a collective lifting and winning the contested ball and clearances in the final term to claim the win. Mentally strong, in the past we've rolled over at moments like this, but in 2018 we've had some real games where we have successfully dug deep.

:noentrysign:

- Kennedy was absolutely shocking in the first half. Total deadset liability who probably cost us 2-3 goals with his fumbling, dropped marks and poor goal kicking.
- Hurn, Cripps, Lecras, Lycett, Marsden were all very quiet. Cripps and Hurn did some things at times, but as a whole it wasn't their best game.
- Normally pretty composed when i watch our games these days, but it's fair to say i lowered my colours last night.
- Darling was quiet for most of the game against an undersized opponent.
- Sheed's first half was dismal. Lifted massively in the 2nd half and AFL.priddis judged him as BOG in their ratings which just goes to show how he improved.
- Shuey's game was absolute trash. Got caught HTB half a dozen times by trying to do to much and not taking the first option. Glad he lifted in the last.

- The peanuts still whinging about Jetta today. He had as many contested possessions as Redden, as many tackles as Redden and Sheed combined, AND 5 1%'s.

Thoughts from the game (kicking towards us in the last, couldn't have asked for better).

Redden BOG, his running power stood out, his dives on the loose ball, his disposal, everything.

Yeo had the fumbles from what I could see, that 3rd quarter was horrible football from our guys, some s**t handballing and constant fumbles.

Venables, Lecras and Rioli put on massive amounts of pressure, all three of them as well as the talls were chasing hard.

Ryan is quick AF when he goes he closes down space quick.

It's a pleasure to watch Hurn kick the football from an elevated position, you can see where he wants it to go and he gets it there into holes on the field.

Now to watch the game which I'm sure was commentated to an extremely poor standard.

Also, Pies got way too many goals from free kicks, was pathetic.

**** me that was a ripper of a game!!!
congrats guys, i want the eagles to go all the way

i wonder do you think because of the ground dimensions of optus do you think your best primed to beat a vic team @ MCG for the GF? do you see any differences in the game style?

best of luck
The MCG is not an issue anymore..it's been laid to rest already this season.
We beat the Pies there by 6 goals and won most of our away games.
Importantly, Optus is closer to MCG size than Subi oval was...and WCE have two training ovals, one is Optus size and the other is MCG size.
WCE play the width of the oval, they use it all, with lots of subtle differences in game style.
But still doesn't guarantee a win at MCG?
Melb or GWS will be tough, then still have to overcome Tigers on the day.
Need to play better than last night (imho), even though it was a great win.

Finding it interesting in the first step.
Learning is the second.
Thanks for quoting me by the way CM.
First time I have been on your board.
And as much as it pains me to say it.
Congrats on the win.

Seriously though. What's with all the booing?
Thanks - you guys really played well and i hope we meet again in 3 weeks. Best game I’ve seen this year, comfortably better than all 3 other finals this week. Which is no real comfort to you I’m sure, but you should be proud of the effort & spirit your boys showed.

The booing is mostly due to the fact that it’s a one sided crowd. We like to create atmosphere.

I was at the G on Friday and heard plenty of booing from the dees fans, but it was often offset by the 30k Geelong fans cheering. You just don’t get that here, 50k Fans cheering or booing will offset the 5k opposition supporters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me that was a ripper of a game!!!
congrats guys, i want the eagles to go all the way

i wonder do you think because of the ground dimensions of optus do you think your best primed to beat a vic team @ MCG for the GF? do you see any differences in the game style?

best of luck
Cheers fella. Optus is similar dimensions but what doesn't get mentioned as much is our new training ground has two ovals, one is the same dimensions as the MCG.

dajesmac which ones your fav?

Also, can someone please tell me what's the point? :fire::fire::eggplant::eggplant:

516179_gp.jpg
8f2bc54badc5b21ba0bf49183acf138a

628772-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Congrats guys. Great win - have just posted our game review up on The Mongrel Punt.

Hope you enjoy.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018/9/9/qf-west-coast-v-collingwood-the-good-bad-and-ugly

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Choice read! Vardy taking it outta the ruck miffed me as well, it was so blatant it made me briefly question if that rule applied to centre bounces.
Also there was a lil typo somewhere- the patch about Jetts owing Bunga a coffee- reads aboit instead of about or something like that.
Keep it up!

Would the real Chris Masten please stand up lol. Oh this is the real Chris Masten the one who buckles under pressure. Finals football is where its at Masten lovers. Even i can say he goes alright at times in home and away season. Normally in easier victories.
Lecras is done and Masten was worse. Venables is a first year player. He gets brownie points.

AhChee would be stronger on the wing than Masten. He wont shirk it.
And add Petrol pace to replace Lecras who looked out of gas at that frantic finals pace.
I reckon Simmo will agree for finals..

Attachments

• DmnTTrzUYAE7fzS.jpeg
    DmnTTrzUYAE7fzS.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 8
Would the real Chris Masten please stand up lol. Oh this is the real Chris Masten the one who buckles under pressure. Finals football is where its at Masten lovers. Even i can say he goes alright at times in home and away season. Normally in easier victories.
Lecras is done and Masten was worse. Venables is a first year player. He gets brownie points.

AhChee would be stronger on the wing than Masten. He wont shirk it.
And add Petrol pace to replace Lecras who looked out of gas at that frantic finals pace.
I reckon Simmo will agree for finals..
Go away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back