News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

This post is just pathetic, cudi didn't suggest anything of the sort, stop being a dick

It was in his last two sentences

"My point had nothing to do with this particular case, more to do with your comment suggesting that because he went to a private boy school, that his home life couldn't possibly be an excuse. I'm arguing it *could* be, and that coming from a bad home need not be exclusive to one particular class."

He said it black and white his home life could be used as an excuse

I said class will get him off, because the mag probably knows his old man, and will assume from the start he's a good kid who made a bad call.

If it was a 24 year old from Altona, no chance that same consideration would be given, because the automatic assumption is he's a meth head violent thug.

I am willing to bet he won't get off. The footage is there. It is clear as day. There is no reasonable argument for self defense considering:

1. The age of the victim
2. The brutality of the attack
3. That the victim tried to defend themselves

It's open and shut. I've no doubt class plays a role in getting people off convictions, but that's not really where our discussion here started.

"My point had nothing to do with this particular case, more to do with your comment suggesting that because he went to a private boy school, that his home life couldn't possibly be an excuse. I'm arguing it *could* be, and that coming from a bad home need not be exclusive to one particular class."

My wording wasn't great. But as a defense, home environment is often used. And I'm arguing that simply because he comes from a wealthy environment, doesn't mean the home environment couldn't rationally be used as a defense.

I am willing to bet he won't get off. The footage is there. It is clear as day. There is no reasonable argument for self defense considering:

1. The age of the victim
2. The brutality of the attack
3. That the victim tried to defend themselves

It's open and shut. I've no doubt class plays a role in getting people off convictions, but that's not really where our discussion here started.

I hope not too fwiw.

In almost every crime that goes up to the courts their home life are used as an excuse. That's just a fact.

You going to respond to your accusation that I was going to defend these cretins or are you deliberately avoiding that one?

You're the one being a campaigner, pull your head in

In almost every crime that goes up to the courts their home life are used as an excuse. That's just a fact.

You going to respond to your accusation that I was going to defend these cretins or are you deliberately avoiding that one?

You're the one being a campaigner, pull your head in

Sorry missed the first post.

I'm genuinely surprised, I didn't see that coming from you

Looks like Dominic may have wasted all those hard yards at Xav in 2009, English his forte back then;

Walker, Dominic
3 total (Sum: 130)
  1. Classical Societies & Cultures: 42
  2. English: 46
  3. Literature: 42
Fast forward to 2018 and he's allegedly beating up old blokes.

I wonder what his big footy handle is. If he's the guy with the Richmond beanie, it shouldn't be too hard to narrow down. Articulate Tigers fan would stick out like a sore thumb on here.

Ok folks, anyone who is keen I would implore you to contact MCC and the RFC and let them know that these thugs should lose their memberships for life.

They won't get any sufficient court punishment but perhaps with encouragement the clubs will do the right thing.

Membership@mcc.org.au and membership@richmondfc.com.au

I hope some people do this. I have not received a response from either organisation as of yet.

Sons of a QC.

Nice and privileged campaigners. Hope there is a Magistrate out there that cant stand daddy and just pumps these 2 shitstains for all he can.

And then they get pumped in the sheds whilst serving their 2 months.

Go Catters

3 observations:
  1. Tiger beanie / Collingwood scarf doesn't necessarily mean team supporter. From memory the famous Frawley "spitter" was down from Brisbane on a boozy boys weekend and had a borrowed scarf
  2. Also wouldn't assume they were members of any clubs if members of the MCC, so possibly not ban-able by Richmond or Collingwood. I know a Melbourne and a Hawks supporters who are both MCC members and were horrified when I suggested they should be club members so as to support their team!
  3. And more controversially, is #africangangs a bit of smoke and mirrors, perhaps as an election approaches we should be more focused on / concerned by #angryemasculatedwhiteprivilegedmales

It's a hell of a lot easier to grow up in a good home when your folks don't have money issues.

Pretending otherwise is garbage

Absolutely true.

But there can be a correlation between wealth and absent parenting. Be it working long hours / spending time abroad in pursuit of that wealth, and/or kids being at boarding school for example. That itself can lead to a somewhat poor upbringing.

For all the discussion of African youth, of private schools, of older victims etc, one thing needs to be remembered:

Violently harming someone in that way is just not on. Doesn't really matter who you are, or who they are.

We are all equal when it comes to the right to not get beaten up, and the responsibility to not beat up on others.

It's that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 observations:
  1. Tiger beanie / Collingwood scarf doesn't necessarily mean team supporter. From memory the famous Frawley "spitter" was down from Brisbane on a boozy boys weekend and had a borrowed scarf
  2. Also wouldn't assume they were members of any clubs if members of the MCC, so possibly not ban-able by Richmond or Collingwood. I know a Melbourne and a Hawks supporters who are both MCC members and were horrified when I suggested they should be club members so as to support their team!
  3. And more controversially, is #africangangs a bit of smoke and mirrors, perhaps as an election approaches we should be more focused on / concerned by #angryemasculatedwhiteprivilegedmales

If you're ever going to assume someone is an MCC member, these guys would probably fit in pretty well.

Another point of discussion is someone's right to a fair trial and not to be judged outside a court of law

I disagree someone has an exclusive right to be judged by the law, for realistically there are 2 types of judgements, legal and social. Social judgement allows one to take the facts readily available and draw a conclusion, whereas a legal judgement is for a different purpose, held in a courtroom and will take in a range of facts and circumstances, drawing to some sort of ruling based on all of that.

A social judgement might take a different set of facts & evidence based on what's available - i.e. a video of a young guy repeatedly and unnecessarily pummelling an old guy who is not fighting back - from which people will come to an understanding of what they are seeing and what they should think of the person involved.

It's damning, and as isolated evidence, hard to find either a positive light or legitimate motive.

How come no one has mentioned that the mother is Dr Brigid Nossal (hence the "Australian Of The Year" connection) ?

Dr Brigid Nossal is a director at the National Institute of Organisation Dynamics Australia. Her expertise is in:

individual and group : leadership development : organisational analysis : culture change : strategy : action research / action learning : group dynamics

She should be perfectly placed to explain the actions of Sam and Dominic.....
That’s because she was busy on a crows camp

How come no one has mentioned that the mother is Dr Brigid Nossal (hence the "Australian Of The Year" connection) ?
Googled her name, first link came up was this:

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 5.09.43 PM.png

What a brilliant title for an article!

Googled her name, first link came up was this:

View attachment 557360

What a brilliant title for an article!
While I don't think we should lay blame on the parents or grandparents of these people, as there are many instances where decent parenting has still resulted in dickhead children, with quotes like the following, I would expect them to be holding their kids to account.

It is possible that, although uncomfortable, there is an unconscious investment in keeping things blurry or muddled. Perhaps this is a way of protecting against the even more uncomfortable feelings associated with being in a position of having to be accountable and or hold each other to account.

We can only hope.
If they don't, then I'm happy for them to share some blame :).

You could politely ask her in the submit a comment section at the bottom where the accountability should lie in the incident.

Sons of a QC.

Nice and privileged campaigners. Hope there is a Magistrate out there that cant stand daddy and just pumps these 2 shitstains for all he can.

And then they get pumped in the sheds whilst serving their 2 months.

Go Catters

What a shocking thing to say.

The whole discussion on law & order in this country has become an absolute joke. It has become nothing more than cheap political point scoring by a number of disappointing people standing on the sidelines. People should be free to have their concerns heard and respected and at the same time perpetrators should be judged fairly and appropriately without going on some unsubstantiated dog whistling rant.

As an Australian born son of foreign born parents. And a son who liked soccer once the AFL took my true team of Fitzroy away, I am scared to attend AFL games knowing that rich white males who think they are 'untouchable' will discriminate against me.

Over to you Gil.. But then again Gil, how is your Au Pair case going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back